register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest MandyB

Deciding

Guest MandyB

My husband,myself and three children have finally decided to take the plunge after a long time thinking of moving to Australia.One of the concerns i have that we dont have any qualifications,my husbands worked in the aluminium trade for alot of years since leaving school making doors and shopfronts, ive worked in accounts and buying .We also run our own business looking after animals.

Will this go against getting our visa?:wacko:

Mandyb

Guest The Boultons

Hi Mandy

Have you thought of calling an agent? They can talk you through everything, you don't have to go with them if you don't want to but they can point you in the right direction.

Try Go Matilda or Visa Bureau

Best of luck

Guest natma1
My husband,myself and three children have finally decided to take the plunge after a long time thinking of moving to Australia.One of the concerns i have that we dont have any qualifications,my husbands worked in the aluminium trade for alot of years since leaving school making doors and shopfronts, ive worked in accounts and buying .We also run our own business looking after animals.

Will this go against getting our visa?:wacko:

Mandyb

Our family after talking to others about various migration agents went with australiamirgration.com the 2 Lady's running the show are Shirley and Sheila and they are both very helpful, not sure of their latest update on their website but when we where 1st looking to make the move they had helped a guy who was a roofer, now this is not a skill requirement trade however they did some research for him and found that there was 1 area in Australia where he was needed and got him there in 18 months, sounds a long way off but trust me it's not our 18 months is almost up and we are due to go over this summer.....good luck, if you need anything else let me know.

Natalie. :jiggy:

Hi Mandyb

Not sure if your hubbys type of work is on the skills trade - but i was working for a company here on the Central Coast NSW that delt with installing shops fronts and all other bits to do with aluminium along with shower screens and frameless showers & balustrading, its big business here from what i can see and my hubby is still in the shop fronts and frameless glass trade (even though hes a carpenter by trade)

good luck

gizmo

** Here There,Where Ever Be Happy**

Hiya and welcome to poms in oz ,,as the others have said it may be worth speaking to agent ,even if its only to find out which visa you could apply for.There are so many and you really want one with as little restrictions as possible.We used Visa Bureau and they were very good ,Go matilda are also good and one of their agents helps out on this bpoard quite alot(alan),,good luck with everything and let us know how you get on

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest MandyB

:spinny::spinny::v_SPIN:Thank you for all the replies.

We have gone to an agency they just sent us the forms,we have filled them in but not sent them yet.Natalie the one you said sounds good i went into the web but wasnt sure which one it was, any more help on that would be appreciated.

Thanks Mandyb

Guest Curlysoo

Welcome to PIO! the only advice I can give is the same that others have given you .. some agents really seem to understand the system, if I was you I would still phone one like Go Matilda to see IF they think you have a chance at a visa ... have you tried doing the on-line assessment in the top right hand corner of the screen?

Even if your first answer seems to be a no, keep trying as there are MANY on here who had to revise their plans and change routes to the visa but got there in the end!

Good luck!

Guest MandyB

:jiggy:We have got the forms from an agent called four corners has anyone used them or heard of them?

Mandyb

Guest natma1
:spinny::spinny::v_SPIN:Thank you for all the replies.

We have gone to an agency they just sent us the forms,we have filled them in but not sent them yet.Natalie the one you said sounds good i went into the web but wasnt sure which one it was, any more help on that would be appreciated.

Thanks Mandyb

Hi Mandyb,

They are called Australian migration associates ltd.

Their web address is Australian Visas : AMA Ltd , you can email them on enquires@australiamigrate.co.uk and their tel number is 0161 776 9839, we were recommended them by our friend who used them to get to Australia in 2006 and haven't been disappointed at all, we went to an Australian Expo in Nov last year and when the stall holders asked which agent we were using and told them AMA they all said "oh Sheila and Shirley they are lovely lady's" and they are right they are lovely, nothing is ever to much trouble.

Also their website shows the latest jobs in Australia and relocation advice.

If you need anything else just let me know.

regards,

Natma1 :v_SPIN:

Guest MandyB

Thank you for that Natalie, ill try and sort out tom.We need to speak to someone first.

Mandy:v_SPIN:

Guest The.Colebecks

red_chiller.gif

Karen xx