Partner and I moving to Mandurah

Guest gerardburke

Guest gerardburke

Hi everyone,

We will be moving to Mandurah next month, Newbies using this site but looks great and lots of info everywhere.

Looking for advise on the renting market there and other helpful tips for the big move :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks everyone

Guest gerardburke
There are lots of rentals available. It depends on your budget. We have been there 4 years and love it.

budget is $450 per week max, ideally would like to be less. Do you think it will take longer to get a rental when I am over there I have heard stories from Perth and how you have to put a bond on the property and don't even know if you will get it or not? Is this the case in Mandurah or is it not as competitive?

4 years and love it, That is great to hear really looking forward to it :biggrin:

That should get you a nice house. Have a look on realestate.com.au for Halls Head and Port Bouvard. There both nice beach suburbs.

It is a lot more relaxed in Mandurah and you wont have to put down bonds until you have chosen the place and normally rentals can be viewed when you want and not at a fixed time like in Perth.

If there is anything you want to know about Mandurah, just ask away or PM me.

Hi, we (I and wife and 10,9 and 5 yr olds) have just recieved a job offer from a company in mandurah. I was originally hoping to be based around joondalup but the offer is too good to turn down. I have been reading about Mandurah and was slightly concerned at the school rankings and how bad is the mosquito problem? Do most people live and work in M or do many commute? Greatful for any information.

Regards,

Jeff.

Cant comment too much on the schools as dont have childrfen. But i know my neighbours who are fairly fussy about schools are happy.

The mossies are about, but that aplies to the whole of Perth. If you stay reasonably close to the ocean side then there not really a problem. Only an issue close to the Peel and then not all the time as the council sprays fairly regularly.

A fair few people commute to Perth, but i would say most work local.

Personally, i prefer it as a place to live than Perth and a lot more than the north of Perth which i found a bit souless

Hi, we (I and wife and 10,9 and 5 yr olds) have just recieved a job offer from a company in mandurah. I was originally hoping to be based around joondalup but the offer is too good to turn down. I have been reading about Mandurah and was slightly concerned at the school rankings and how bad is the mosquito problem? Do most people live and work in M or do many commute? Greatful for any information.

Regards,

Jeff.

http://www.myschool.edu.au/SchoolSearch.aspx

this web site is great for looking at schools and we were stunned at how inexpensive private schooling was compared to the UK.

I also know there are some very nice sounding schools in the Baldivis area which isn't far from Mandurah. My future sister in law is from there and has nothing but good things to say so happy hunting :)

Guest gerardburke
That should get you a nice house. Have a look on realestate.com.au for Halls Head and Port Bouvard. There both nice beach suburbs.

It is a lot more relaxed in Mandurah and you wont have to put down bonds until you have chosen the place and normally rentals can be viewed when you want and not at a fixed time like in Perth.

If there is anything you want to know about Mandurah, just ask away or PM me.

Thanks so much everyone for the replies :wink:

Yes i have been looking up that site nearly every night and domain also. I have seen quiet a few that look like they would suit us so hopefully we can get something nice fairly quick. I will look more into the areas you said, I am feeling a bit more relaxed about it already thank you Vstormy

Mandurah is a great town. It has the advantages of being a lot cheaper than Perth to live, you can get some good bargains. We pay $325 for a new house in a small complex with a pool and spa opposite the ocean.

At the same time it is only 50 mins on the train to Perth.

When looking, you will see the Mandurah Road / Old Coast Road (The merge into one) that runs all the way down to Bunbury. If you look at the map and find the entrance to Mandjoogoodap Drive and foolow south and the better areas / areas that are mossie free are along the west side of the road.

Mandurah is a great town. It has the advantages of being a lot cheaper than Perth to live, you can get some good bargains. We pay $325 for a new house in a small complex with a pool and spa opposite the ocean.

When looking, you will see the Mandurah Road / Old Coast Road (The merge into one) that runs all the way down to Bunbury. If you look at the map and find the entrance to Mandjoogoodap Drive and foolow south and the better areas / areas that are mossie free are along the west side of the road.

Thanks for the info on Mandurah VS:smile:..we are returning to WA in November, after a few years in the UK..we have always lived in Perth and now fancy a change, where we are not on top of family & Mandurah really appeals to us..the rentals do seem cheaper & you seem to get a bit more for your money..we will need to be in a holiday rental or something while we check Mandurah out..do you have any advice or info on these type of rentals?..my hubbie will also be looking for work in the area, so it will depend whether he can find his field of work there..thanks again for your info..

Thanks for the info on Mandurah VS:smile:..we are returning to WA in November, after a few years in the UK..we have always lived in Perth and now fancy a change, where we are not on top of family & Mandurah really appeals to us..the rentals do seem cheaper & you seem to get a bit more for your money..we will need to be in a holiday rental or something while we check Mandurah out..do you have any advice or info on these type of rentals?..my hubbie will also be looking for work in the area, so it will depend whether he can find his field of work there..thanks again for your info..

Not off the top of my head, but if you PM me so i dont forget i will have a look when i get home next week as i am on site at the moment. What is it your husband does?

Hi guys ,

were interested in Mandruah, port Kennedy , Warnbro type areas .

Does anyone know if these areas are as competitive for rentals, and as I'm a plumber does anyone know if my chances of finding work would be ok around these areas or would I have o look further north.

thank you

Ian

We have been in mandurah since Dec and absolutely love it, we thought we would spend 2 year here then go North but now we are here can't see myself living anywhere else. There is plenty to do and it's beautiful. rentals are reasonable and most areas are ok. Schools depends where you live. We tried state but didnt work for us so are now private, however private fees are managable over here. Saying that there are some good state schools just depends on your catchment area. If you need any specific info on mandurah let me know and I will try to help.

Michelle

Guest gerardburke

Great info Vstormy thanks again everyone for the good wishes and help, :biggrin:

Guest gerardburke

I also meant to ask about primary schools, We have no children but my partner is a teacher and she will be looking for work in Mandurah or surrounding areas.

If anybody knows of any jobs going or could recommend schools to apply to it would be a great help. PM me anytime thanks