I hand in my work notice tomorrow.

bell123321

Feeling nevous for tomorrow, I probably shouldn't.

I am giving two months notice at work of my intention of leaving. Work are not expecting it so not sure how they will take it considering they have been given me extra training to become a store manager. I feel pretty bad about it but I am really looking forward to the move in November. I know this is a pomsinoz website and my original intention was to move to Australia to be near family and friends but due to unseen circumstances (my job coming off the list), We have decided to give New Zealand ago, at least we will be a much quicker flight to family and friends and more affordable then current. I have managed to secure 4 face to face interviews on my arrival to New Zealand and will be applying for more jobs as and when they crop up. I wondered how other people's employers took they to them leaving? Where any angry/upset? Or just happy for you?

Mine knew for a while that we were going to Aus, so it wasn't a shock at all when I handed my notice in. I did stay for an extra week than I had too to help out and try and get things finished.

When we left Aus to come back to the UK my boss said that he was not surprised. My wife worked for the same company and after the baby she had told them that she wasn't returning. My boss just put 2 and 2 together and things made sense then. He did say to me that if we were ever back in ASydney and I needed a job then to give him a call.

I wouldn't stress too much about what they will think. If you have been a good worker for them then they can't complain.

Guest Shell15

Dont feel bad!! Gain all the experience you can.. you wont be the first to do it! nor the last.. potentially its not a nice thing to have to do but remember your reasons for doing it and be confident about the decision you have made. If your manager had the opportunity to do it, they probably would do exactly the same! Good luck with it..

Dont feel bad!! Gain all the experience you can.. you wont be the first to do it! nor the last.. potentially its not a nice thing to have to do but remember your reasons for doing it and be confident about the decision you have made. If your manager had the opportunity to do it, they probably would do exactly the same! Good luck with it..

I guess you have to look after number 1 in the end. I literally have been gaining all the experience possible to help for furture job prospects, and it is thanks to my current employer that I have the opportunity to leave and give it ago down under. It is just annoying they have started booking me on further training programs which I full well know I wont be attending. Thanks for the support guys it just feels weird at the moment. Maybe the reality is hitting me now lol!

:jiggy:I have done it! No going back now! Handed in my notice at work today, my manager was very positive but shocked. Surprisingly she has offered to put me on as many courses as she can to help me for my career :biggrin: she has also said she will write me a glowing reference which is a nice thing for her to say. She did say any shorter then the 8 weeks I have given she would have been completely stuffed, at least I have time to train somebody else in the next 8 weeks. Wow it feels more real now! Thanks for the support :)

:jiggy:I have done it! No going back now! Handed in my notice at work today, my manager was very positive but shocked. Surprisingly she has offered to put me on as many courses as she can to help me for my career :biggrin: she has also said she will write me a glowing reference which is a nice thing for her to say. She did say any shorter then the 8 weeks I have given she would have been completely stuffed, at least I have time to train somebody else in the next 8 weeks. Wow it feels more real now! Thanks for the support :)

See, nothing to worry about. Have a good final 8 weeks

Feeling nevous for tomorrow, I probably shouldn't.

I am giving two months notice at work of my intention of leaving. Work are not expecting it so not sure how they will take it considering they have been given me extra training to become a store manager. I feel pretty bad about it but I am really looking forward to the move in November. I know this is a pomsinoz website and my original intention was to move to Australia to be near family and friends but due to unseen circumstances (my job coming off the list), We have decided to give New Zealand ago, at least we will be a much quicker flight to family and friends and more affordable then current. I have managed to secure 4 face to face interviews on my arrival to New Zealand and will be applying for more jobs as and when they crop up. I wondered how other people's employers took they to them leaving? Where any angry/upset? Or just happy for you?

Soooo glad it all went well at work for you. I can't wait to hand in my notice but we aren't going till may next year and it's soooo hard keeping my mouth shut and pretending nothings going on!!

If you don't mind me asking, are you going to new Zealand on an Aus visa and if so which one??? We were kind of the other way round to you - our original intention was to go to NZ but really struggled to find work from the UK. We've been to Aus before and loved it so thought if we move there at least it's nearer to go on holiday to NZ!!

Wishing you really good luck for your move. :biggrin:

Soooo glad it all went well at work for you. I can't wait to hand in my notice but we aren't going till may next year and it's soooo hard keeping my mouth shut and pretending nothings going on!!

If you don't mind me asking, are you going to new Zealand on an Aus visa and if so which one??? We were kind of the other way round to you - our original intention was to go to NZ but really struggled to find work from the UK. We've been to Aus before and loved it so thought if we move there at least it's nearer to go on holiday to NZ!!

Wishing you really good luck for your move. :biggrin:

Hi ya,

We are doing the opposite lol original intention was to move to Oz but they took my job off their skills list. After researching and finding out that my job is in demand in NZ thought why not might as well try and make the most of the advanture. No strong ties to the UK only my father as rest of family and friends that we are close to live in Oz. At least it is only 3 hour flight to Oz now so I can see family and friends a lot easier then from the UK. (Visit about every 18-24 months at the moment but its so expensive from the UK). Tested the waters in the job area in NZ and have lined up 4 interviews. Once I have a job will be applying for a permanent visa or work to residence visa :) Good luck on your move!