You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Bridgeman

Working from home

OH is looking to work from home for various reasons. She is a trained secretary and also distance tutor. Does anyone have any tips /pointers re finding genuine work? She has searched and registered with various websites but only gets emails which eventually lead to other sites offering courses or asking for a fee to sign up for freelance work.

If she is not generating any interest in her 'secretarial' services she might try advertising virtual office services instead. Also, has she set up, or considered setting up, her own website?

Not sure if 'secretary' is a term still used elsewhere but it is considered very old fashioned in Aust. If I was looking for assistance the last thing I would put in any search criteria would be 'secretary' and I would probably discount anyone using that term because it implies they haven't kept up with the times so might be behind the times is their approach to other things.

OH is looking to work from home for various reasons. She is a trained secretary and also distance tutor. Does anyone have any tips /pointers re finding genuine work? She has searched and registered with various websites but only gets emails which eventually lead to other sites offering courses or asking for a fee to sign up for freelance work.

We used Expedict in the UK, there's bound to be something similar in Aus. The only problem with working for Expedict is you'd have to check that they would pay in AUD and not GBP....

http://www.expedict.com/6-what-we-do