Anyone Applied for ANMAC skills assessment recently?

pom4165

Hi there, I have had my skills assessed by ANMAC took about 12 weeks I went with an agent who took care of it all although Im sure its prob ok to do yourself, I also had to sit an IELTS Academic test and I have to say some parts were really tricky! way harder than any exam I sat for my Midwifery degree! oh yeah I'm English too! You need scores of 7 or above in all areas, the reading part I found the hardest answering questions and writing a mini essay wasn't very nice! Anyway the whole process was much quicker than gaining my AHPRA registration that took 5 months and was very stressful! AHPRA are quite unhelpful, good luck

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Carol, thanks for advice, will give it a try, Where are you planning to move to? We are hoping to go to Adelaide. Are you a hospital nurse? or Primary care? I do district nursing. will keep you posted. c x:wink:

Hello pom4165

We are hoping to go to Perth but we would go to Sydney too but if we went there it would be a stop gap until we could get to Perth

I am not working as a clinical nurse I haven't been for a while my last patient contact role was Health Visiting since then I have worked in Public Health and Professional Development. I am not sure what kind of role I will get in Aus!

I have started my PgCert in Education and hoping to get a lecturers post or prof development post I am not sure if I would get a public health post as I haven't seen any advertised.

I have seen quite a few DN posts advertised is that what you fancy doing or are you up for a change?

I checked ANMAC again this morning- no update on my status!

Cx

Do you need to apply to both ANMAC and AHPRA?

I have received my IELTS results and wondering Which one to send my documents off too!

I was speaking to a nurse who worked with the Australian agency HCA at Glasgow SECC exhibition and she said I only needed to get AHPRA initially.

Oh a very confused Sharon !!!

Guest melanie79

well you need aphra (nurses registration board), anmac is the skills assessing authority so really it depends what type of visa you are going for. for temporary visas like hospital sponsorship you dont need anmac. if going for permanent residency then you need to have your skills assessed my anmac, and the IELTS is part of their criteria.

i didnt need IELTS for aphra. but that may have changed now though. someone who has recently registered with aphra can answer if this has now changed.

best of luck, it is confusing i know!

mel

QUOTE=shazboyle;1935986703]Do you need to apply to both ANMAC and AHPRA?

I have received my IELTS results and wondering Which one to send my documents off too!

I was speaking to a nurse who worked with the Australian agency HCA at Glasgow SECC exhibition and she said I only needed to get AHPRA initially.

Oh a very confused Sharon !!!

Edited by melanie79

• 4 weeks later...

Well....after only 10wks I've just checked our ANMAC progress and it has been updated to "APPLICATION APPROVED"

woop woop.

We were planning on going to Brisbane but... With wifey being a Nurse we are very worried about the job cuts there. Anyone got any news ref Nurses and jobs?

Si & Ange

Well....after only 10wks I've just checked our ANMAC progress and it has been updated to "APPLICATION APPROVED"

woop woop.

We were planning on going to Brisbane but... With wifey being a Nurse we are very worried about the job cuts there. Anyone got any news ref Nurses and jobs?

Si & Ange

Congrats! I hope I'm this week!!

Cx

Got this today.....

I have undertaken the assessment of your application ; it has now progressed to a further assessment by a 2nd checker as per ANMAC policy; as soon as this is completed you will receive your letter of determination. This process could take one week maximum depending on the workload of the unit and then will be posted directly to you; please be mindful it may take 2 weeks to reach you by mail.

It says application approved on my online account- yey!!!

Hi Everyone - Im pretty new to this and really only at the beginning!! Im a registered UK midwife and I have only just sat my IELTS last month and got an overall score of 8.5. All documents etc have now been sent to ANMAC and now guess Im on the 12-14week wait. Just wondered if in the meantime it would be advisable to commence my AHPRA application as I have heard a majority of people find this the longest and most stressful part of the visa process? Cheers for any advice xxx

Hey guys, I have got my visa, booked my flight and about to book my IELETS test and finish my APHRA form. I was considering waiting until I got to Brisbane and going To the APHRA offices and handing my documents in...do you think this makes a difference with waiting times?? Has anybody done this? Any advise on IELETS test would be appreciated also, I have got a book which I have been working through, just worried about not gaining the level 7!!

Many thanks

Jen

Laura - You can go ahead and send your documents to AHPRA now. I don't see any problem with it. I imagine the sooner the better.

Jeng - It wouldn't matter if you post your documents or hand it in personally, they would all go through the same queue. I reckon its better to already have it posted as soon as all of your docs are in order(Unless your flight departs within 2 weeks?). I think that a minimum 7 IELTS score is very achievable. I found 3 materials to be really helpful - materials on ieltshelpnow.com, 101 helpful hints IELTS book, and the Official IELTS practice material on the British council website is actually very similar to an actual exam.

Sarah - I believe Carol applied 17th August, and is expecting to get her letter next week. Looks like Simott101 has applied around the same time as well. (She says 10 weeks)

I had mine sent via Australia Post on 7th September, and their website update stated received docs on 14th September. I literally check for updates everyday. It still says the "Application submitted and paid - waiting on supporting documentation" status though

Thanks so much therooftop for ur advise!! When sending my AHPRA documentation does it matter where I send it or does it have to be to the place I want to work? Sounds like silly question, but I have heard that documentation can be processed quicker in smallest areas??

Thanks so much therooftop for ur advise!! When sending my AHPRA documentation does it matter where I send it or does it have to be to the place I want to work? Sounds like silly question, but I have heard that documentation can be processed quicker in smallest areas??

Hi Jeng25 from what Ive read Adelaide and Darwin are procesing quicker than other places and it dosent matter where you send, you just present at your local office when there and they will have info. Apparently some larger offices send to the smaller ones to speed up the process. For nursing registration with ANMAC its the academic version of IELTS. Good luck Nic

Edited by nic1171

Hi George.

Congratulations on your update. I applied about the same time as you (sent 6/9/12, and received 14/9/12), although mine was modified assessment. I'm still waiting for mine and like yourself, I need to have a minimum 8 on IELTS as well.

BTW did anyone see the updates on the ANMAC website? They're making changes to the application, Apparently making assessment faster.

Well Ive had email from ANMAC requesting further professional references, I thought it was for current post only which Ive been in for 6 years but as Im requesting points for employment need to go back to previous employer which may be difficult due to all the recent changes in PCTs as not sure if they are still there. I had submitted evidence of employment from previous HRs but not enough :mad:

Eeeeek still waiting on ANMAC:SLEEP: Just wondered if someone could help. Looking through the EOI info, obviously pending I get a positive skills assessment, and just a quick query on the IELTS requirements. I sat my General test and got 8.0s and above, then sat my Academic IELTS and got a 7.0 in writing (bloomin' word count!!) which was obviously OK for the ANMAC requirements. However, when I submit my EOI, do they need the IELTS results for the General which will be fine for a 189 visa, or the most recent results, which will be my academic, where I didnt do so well, and may have to go for a 190??? The only thing about going for a 190 is although the state sponsorship doesnt bother me, we financially wont have the $40,000approx settlement funds required for this visa!! Much confused!! Please help - thank you xxx

hi all,

brilliant to read that everyone is progressing with applications! Well done Carol. si and Ange.x I am being patient but feeling bit frustrated. I have not been able tyo check my status on ANMAC website as my passwords do not work, even when cookies cleared off.

however Sue form ANMAC has contacted me to say that my application is currently being processed. Finally a bit of progress. Need to get on with my AHPRA application but am procrastinating. It looks like a big hurdle. But prob be fine just need to get on with it.

Keep posting progress everyone! Keep your chin up Laura, it will happen ! x