Anyone Applied for ANMAC skills assessment recently?

pom4165

Hello all, Just wondering if anyone has sent in their application for skills assessment recently with ANMAC? I sent my application off last week. I am hoping to move to South Australia in 2013 with my husband and 2 little girls. I am currently working in district nursing here in the UK and hope to do this in OZ. waiting times for assessment seem to vary, how long did this take for other POI users? I have spoken to ANMAC on the phone a few times for advice about references and found them really helpful and friendly, this is a contrast to AHPRA who i have found to be more unhelpful. In the meantime i continue to research Adelaide as somewhere to live and prepare my house for sale next year.:wub: Good luck to everyone out there going through emigration process. :biggrin:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Im hopefully sending mine off by the end of Sept. From what ive read theres only one guy, Mark think his name might be, who is dealing with overseas applications and its a strictly first come first served basis. The web site states 14 weeks but not sure what the reality is but Im certain theres threads on here with others experiences. As you say it gives you time to do research on other stuff. Have you asked ANMAC to forward stuff to APHRA when finished?

Good luck

Nicola x

Guest melanie79
Hi Im hopefully sending mine off by the end of Sept. From what ive read theres only one guy, Mark think his name might be, who is dealing with overseas applications and its a strictly first come first served basis. The web site states 14 weeks but not sure what the reality is but Im certain theres threads on here with others experiences. As you say it gives you time to do research on other stuff. Have you asked ANMAC to forward stuff to APHRA when finished?

Good luck

Nicola x

there's 2 that does overseas applications. The other fella is Jason. It is 1st come 1st served. Have a look at my timeline below think it was around 12 week mark. Plenty of other threads about anmac if you guys need any information or feel free to pm me if you need any help. Good luck guys!

Hi there,

I am a Nurse Practitioner in Scotland and plan to move to Oz next year if possible with my husband and children.

I tried to complete the ANMAC application form, however it states that i need an English language test before i can send in the skills assessment application to ANMAC. Can anyone clarify this for me that this is a definate requirement? I also read it is the academic test that is required and not the general test.

Thanks

A very frustrated Sharon

Hi there,

I am a Nurse Practitioner in Scotland and plan to move to Oz next year if possible with my husband and children.

I tried to complete the ANMAC application form, however it states that i need an English language test before i can send in the skills assessment application to ANMAC. Can anyone clarify this for me that this is a definate requirement? I also read it is the academic test that is required and not the general test.

Thanks

A very frustrated Sharon

Hi All,

I think my ANMAC took around 12 weeks, so far it has been the longest part of my application. Shazboyle, you need to sit the IELTS Academic test and achieve a score of 7 or more in all 4 categories before you can have your skills assessed. xx

Guest melanie79

you def have to sit the ielts to go for skills assessment & it is ACADEMIC ielts for anmac, NOT general. hope that helps sharon!!! anmac took the longest in my whole visa process! have a look at my timeline at the bottom for dates! best of luck! mel

Hi there,

Thanks

A very frustrated Sharon

hi, I am also a nurse in the early stages of emigration. we sat our IELTS this weekend and just waiting on the results then send off for skills assessment. it is all mind boggling! i am hoping to move to brisbain or anywhere in queensland with my husband and 2 young boys.

do any of you know if a certificate of proof of graduation is good enough to send off, as i never received a proper certificate after graduating and university wont issue another one, only a certificate of proof (if that makes sence?)

also, does the professional references HAVE to be from my current manager or can they be from any of the ward sisters? i just didnt want to tell my manager my plans just yet, but obviously will if i have to.

Hello all, Just wondering if anyone has sent in their application for skills assessment recently with ANMAC? I sent my application off last week. I am hoping to move to South Australia in 2013 with my husband and 2 little girls. I am currently working in district nursing here in the UK and hope to do this in OZ. waiting times for assessment seem to vary, how long did this take for other POI users? I have spoken to ANMAC on the phone a few times for advice about references and found them really helpful and friendly, this is a contrast to AHPRA who i have found to be more unhelpful. In the meantime i continue to research Adelaide as somewhere to live and prepare my house for sale next year.:wub: Good luck to everyone out there going through emigration process. :biggrin:

Hello

Yes me! I applied 17th August I'll update on this thread when I hear anything. I am going to call the ANMAC tomorrow as my IELTs and my verification of registration are not showing up on the online application status see if i need to chase up either of them!

Best of luck everyone

Cx

Hi all

I called ANMAC this morning they found my verification of registration they received it before my application so they'd saved it in another file. They couldn't find my IELTS form so I will need to call and have it resent. I spoke to a really helpful girl called Gemma (I think) she said its still taking around 12 weeks to process.

Carol

hi sharon, Yes i found the english language requirements frustrating too. I started my research with AHPRA who only require proof of secondary school education in English speaking school.

However then spoke to ANMAC who confirmed the requirement for academic English IELTS so off i went to Leeds to sit my test. Watch out for score requirements Sharon... some states require higher scores than other depending on the demand for visas i think. for eg, Sydney had higher score requirements than other states.

Seems like money for old rope to me as if i had my schooling in UK i must be proficient in English to work as a nurse in OZ. I have just had to accept it and get on with it. There are lots of frustrated threads relating to this issue in PIO. Good luck Sharon, I am sure you will be fine, just keep chipping away at the process. Keep in touch of your process, would love to hear how you get on.

Hi, yes i was concerned about approaching managers for references too. I think that another manager in the area you are working might be ok, someone who can say that they know you to be safe and competent and describe your current role.

I went for it in the end and i have found my managers past and present to be V supportive, and there are other colleagues who are also planning to emigrate too.

I spoke to Jason at ANMAC about this and found him really helpful. You might want to do the same.

Good luck and keep in touch, would love to hear how you are getting on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone I got this today from ANMAC

I have currently undertaken an initial review of your application prior to filing in a queue to await my assessment.

At this time it appears that all your documents are in order, so please be patient and when I am ready to undertake further assessment I will be in contact.

You do not need to respond to this email as it is for information only.

ANMAC requests you refrain from contacting us as it becomes time consuming to continue to correspondence with applicants/ agents before an assessment takes place and takes the ANMAC assessor away from progressing new and current assessments.

Our website advises that it can take approximately 12 weeks for an assessment to be reviewed and depending on what modified and full assessments are in the queue and the email correspondence I have to respond to determines if I can undertake the assessment earlier.

We filled online application and paid 30.08 and sent documents out 07.09 which were delivered 10.09. Also asked NMC for verification to be sent to ANMAC on 21.08 and received letter from NMC confirming verification dispatch on 05.09 (was marked as received on 18.09). I have checked status at ANMAC website and all documents were received except initial reg. certificate and change of name documents. Nothing has changed for past two weeks and these two documents are still marked as not received. We are using agent and been told they should receive email from assessment officer who would let them know if anything is outstanding and also he reassured us they have included all documents including ones marked as not received in the package sent to ANMAC.

Hi Carol, think yours and my applications are probably sitting next to each other on a desk in Canberra! I sent my stuff around the same time as you. I have received almost the exact same email as you and am now keeping busy whilst waiting in the queue. I will keep you posted. Let me know how you get on if you get tiem. chloe x

Hi Carol & pom4165,

I am just wondering what is your application status at ANMAC website after you received last email regarding initial review? In my case I still have current application status: Application submitted and paid - waiting on supporting documentation.

Hello yes mine says that too......

Application Status: Application submitted and paid - waiting on supporting documentation.

I was a bit excited as on the email it is saying around 12 weeks for processing but, I am not sure if that is from when she has emailed me or from when I submitted as on the website i think it says 14 weeks for processing. I am so sad that I think I check my update page everyday!

Good luck to you all I will keep you posted

Oh if any of you live in Scotland there is a job expo in Glasgow on 13th October the woman from Western Australia Gov't recruitment told me about it.

Carol

Hi Carol & pom4165,

I am just wondering what is your application status at ANMAC website after you received last email regarding initial review? In my case I still have current application status: Application submitted and paid - waiting on supporting documentation.

Hi George and Carol

Yes i am at the same stage as you. Lodged at the same time. I am not able to check my status for some reason though my given passwords don't seem to work. I emailed ANMAC and sue mailed back to say they ahave all my documentation and i am in the queue for assessment. Will keep you posted. C xx

Hi pom4165

At first I couldn't access my status but it was because of cookies the computer was using the original password (from when when first registering). I would try deleting your cookies then switching off computer then trying to log back in and see if that helps

Hi George106

Fingers and toes crossed for a speedy assessment!

I will keep you posted!

Cx

Hi pom4165

At first I couldn't access my status but it was because of cookies the computer was using the original password (from when when first registering). I would try deleting your cookies then switching off computer then trying to log back in and see if that helps

Hi George106

Fingers and toes crossed for a speedy assessment!

I will keep you posted!

Cx

Hi Carol, thanks for advice, will give it a try, Where are you planning to move to? We are hoping to go to Adelaide. Are you a hospital nurse? or Primary care? I do district nursing. will keep you posted. c x:wink: