Shipping arrived damaged!

Mizzmp

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest62720

I am a Director of Insure-Your-Move.com.

If we provide poor service then we have no problem with the complaint being aired on this forum so long as i) the complaint was not frivoulous ii) we have the right to reply and iii) we can advise your members through the forum what action we have taken to ensure the problem/complaint doesn't manifest itself again if the complaint was valid.

We would have thought this should be standard practise.

We are of the opinion those who deserve to succeed in business are those who listern to their customers, admit they got it wrong, learn from their mistake and respond accordingly but obviosuly this is philosophy is not adopted by all.

Name and shame them. its a free speach country. I would name them on here if it was me

Naming and shaming isn't allowed (as per the forum rules you read when you signed up). Kate has explained previously on this thread why it isn't alloewed (due to potential legal actions). I'm sure if people wanted to sign something to say they would then pay her legal fees she'd be happy to come to some arrangement.

Guest Shell15

I have heard very good reviews/comments about them, however there communication was diabolical and so decided against using them.. Like someone else has mentioned, what works or does not for one person may be different for another.

A bit aggressive! I merely voiced my opinion that this thread was causing panic amongst members. I certainly do not appreciate being spoken down to in this way.

if they post after you, surely they are speaking up to you? as far as im aware its impossible to speak down to someone on a thread unless you a telepathic and know what someone is going to say :) :biglaugh:

I'm glad everything went smoothly for you. This thread, and others, clearly highlight that not to be the case for everyone. Are folk to do/say nothing when something goes wrong? If something goes wrong and folk are finding it difficult to put right (either through the shipping company or the insurers) then airing their concerns is likely to put things right.............if not for them but for others through choice. Incidents of items being inappropriately packed or wrapped by shippers are unacceptable. If my shippers dont do as they say they do and I'm not happy you will be the first to know via PM........followed by every member on every migration forum i can find. If they do as they say they do and I'm happy.......then i'll say so, but with less vigour.

Please dont bother with the PM, i dont know you and am not particularly interested in your shipment. What I was commenting on was the over reaction some people have! I think when you are moving stuff half way round the world you need to expect some kind of damage, think how many times you have hit a bit of furniture with the hoover and scratched it. Yes these people are professionals but like every profession, some people take more care than others. And one bad packing crew doesnt mean the whole company is crap. They have paid insurance so things will get replaced.

Edited by AJ

Please dont bother with the PM, i dont know you and am not particularly interested in your shipment. What I was commenting on was the over reaction some people have! I think when you are moving stuff half way round the world you need to expect some kind of damage, think how many times you have hit a bit of furniture with the hoover and scratched it. Yes these people are professionals but like every profession, some people take more care than others. And one bad packing crew doesnt mean the whole company is crap. They have paid insurance so things will get replaced.

I think most people understand there is risk associated with a move AJ, what people don't want to deal with, is people who don't aide them in putting things right. Comments along the lines of ''S**t happens'' get people wound up pretty quickly.

Also the movers hoovers are container cranes and their vans are 300 ft long contain ships, so no wonder some things come out damaged.

I think most people understand there is risk associated with a move AJ, what people don't want to deal with, is people who don't aide them in putting things right. Comments along the lines of ''S**t happens'' get people wound up pretty quickly.

Also the movers hoovers are container cranes and their vans are 300 ft long contain ships, so no wonder some things come out damaged.

Exactly! That is why some slight damage should be allowed for. I am not condoning carelessness but you have to make allowances!

Agreed. That said if they manage to break all 3 of my road bikes, I'm going to be one very upset customer :)

Our bikes were fine, took pedals and seat off and packed into huge box. Mind clean them well as they will be inspected for sure by AQIS!

Guest morganpublic

Has anyone had experience with John Mason. Thanks

With anything in life, you take the risk as nothing is perfect. There's no guarantee even with the most reputable, things are going to go right. Maybe we have to weigh up what happened in the bigger and I'm not invalidating people's experiences here where evidently they have suffered lose, damage, breakage. But the main thing is did you get there in one piece and if so, try not to let the unexpected or unplanned of a situation cloud over what is important in the end in terms of priorities. We're human and we all make mistakes.

And in the lesson of the 'bad and ugly' is the good where we simply become wiser in what we choose next time if it comes around again. One person's experience differs to another and we need to discover that for ourselves in the process is our growing as individuals.

Yes it's helpful to read reviews, to see recommendations however nothing 'fear' often keeps us from overcoming where we might need to learn to respond better than to react to what is life, that's all it is, life.

Thanks for letting me share in this way, I hope I haven't been insensitive to any one here.

So how is life since the relocation?

Edited by morganpublic

Has anyone had experience with John Mason. Thanks

With anything in life, you take the risk as nothing is perfect. There's no guarantee even with the most reputable, things are going to go right. Maybe we have to weigh up what happened in the bigger and I'm not invalidating people's experiences here where evidently they have suffered lose, damage, breakage. But the main thing is did you get there in one piece and if so, try not to let the unexpected or unplanned of a situation cloud over what is important in the end in terms of priorities. We're human and we all make mistakes.

And in the lesson of the 'bad and ugly' is the good where we simply become wiser in what we choose next time if it comes around again. One person's experience differs to another and we need to discover that for ourselves in the process is our growing as individuals.

Yes it's helpful to read reviews, to see recommendations however nothing 'fear' often keeps us from overcoming where we might need to learn to respond better than to react to what is life, that's all it is, life.

Thanks for letting me share in this way, I hope I haven't been insensitive to any one here.

So how is life since the relocation?

We used Jo:biglaugh:hn Masons and they were great. would recommend them :)

Guest Shell15
Our bikes were fine, took pedals and seat off and packed into huge box. Mind clean them well as they will be inspected for sure by AQIS!

Did the packers box them or did you buy in the boxes? I have seen push bike boxes and though they were a good idea..

Did the packers box them or did you buy in the boxes? I have seen push bike boxes and though they were a good idea..

Hi the packers boxed them. Let them know you have bikes and they will bring boxes with them, well ours did anyway!

No worries. You clearly fall into the statistical none eventers and had a good experience. Pleased for ya. The OP didnt and the '**** happens' or 'expect **** to happen in this game' just doesnt cut it when the follow up service is pants or none existent.

Edited by noworriesmate

Guest The Pom Queen

Now the OP has vented her frustration and everyone has had their say I'm going to close this thread, before it gets any more personal.

Thank you everyone for your input.

Kate