Shipping arrived damaged!

Mizzmp

I thought in PIO your not allowed to name and shame...that's why we all asking for pm's....and could you ad me to the list of who it is so we too can avoid them.....

hope it all gets soughted

I agree, I did ask for a PM ALSO.

What I'm saying is that the longer these threads keep bouncing back about from one post to another the general public are no wiser as to what is going on.

Should there be a "secret" thread where you log in with a password so that "sensitive" information can be accessed?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please pm me too mizzmp? So sorry to hear what a nightmare you had, we are about to pay up and I certainly don't want to give any money to the company that messed you around. I hope your insurance covers it all and it all gets sorted quickly, thank you x

Sorry to be another one, but can I have a pm too? I must admit this is my biggest fear, we arenot shipping much but what we do is what is good and sentimental to us. I have moved around teh UK a lot and I am used to packingand the idea of someone doing it for me fills me with dread. I am a control freak so I think we are going to arrange for shipment ourselves through the assistance of a friend who does it for a living. Hope you get it sorted though and taht any damage isn't irrepairable. What an awful start.

Guest Guest62720

I am a Director of Insure-Your-Move.com.

One further point to my previous reply is that you entered into a contract with the remover and quite clearly the remover has failed to honour their side of the contract inasmuch not all the goods were properly export wrapped, they were clearly inadequately packed and not what you would expect from a recognised international remover and, as a consequence of their inability to fulfil their side of the contract, your goods were damaged.

They may retort that this is now an insurance matter and therefore deflecting the problem on to a third party but that does not stop you or prejudice your position from seeking some sort of separate contribution from the remover. Their Trading Conditions will normally state their liability is limited to a £ x per item/box/article in the event of damage or loss. Fine, therefore send them a list of the items damaged/lost and ask them to contribute to your loss based on their own Trading Conditions to which you signed up.

I would have thought if they wanted to salvage any goodwill out of a bad situation this would be the very least they could do.

hi

we also had quite a few things damaged, the removal company pretty much washed their hands of it saying it was down to the insurnace company. After chasing for a year and threatening legal action we finally (after many visits by people to value the stuff) recived our money, sadly we had under valued alot of it so only got a pittance back but lesson learnt. We wont be using that company again thats for sure !

Good luck with your insurnace claim, i hope its quicker than ours :(

Sorry to hear of you experience with the shipping, what a nightmare! Getting quotes at the moment, sorry to join the list but old you please PM me the name of your removal co? Thanks. Or a cryptic clue ?

Thanks, Katy

Edited by katyjc
Could, not old. Can't edit properly on iPad!

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, was wondering if you could possibly PM me too, we are going to be looking at shippers soon.

Thanks

Me too please...

Also might be easy if you gave 5 or 6 of the big companies that didn't affect you.

PSS International

White & Company

John Mason

Doree Bone

etc

We had the exact same problem but coming from Aus to the UK. I had items confiscated by UK customs, that I was not advised were prohibited, I was told that they were within a document that was provided to me and therefore shipped at my own risk. One thing they didn't expect was that the item wasn't listed and I challenged them. They paid me for the items in the End. Their state of packing left a lot to be desired as well. Why would you put an Akubra hat at the bottom of a box and have everything on top of it. Also place a mirror between the 2 side rails of a bed and not expect it to smash and damage the leather???.

They were ignoring my emails for weeks, that is until I got the state managers name and gave him a list as long as my arm of all the correspondence that was ignored. I then had emails apologizing the very next day. I made a complaint to fidi as well about them so it was on record.

These big companies can deal with a few hundred quid here and there, it's a bit different when the individual can't.

Go straight to the top of you don't get anywhere with who you are dealing with. Also find out what 'associations' they claim to be part of and try and get help from them.

I hate companies that treat people like that

Edited by wakeboard1980

Guest Trueblue22

Tell me I'll name them lol!!!

Really sorry about your stuff...absolutely gutting!!! I hope you managed to at least get some sort of recompense.

To the OP, very sorry to hear how poorly the company has acted and I hope you get some resolution soon.

To everyone asking the OP to send them a PM, might I suggest you send a PM to the OP instead? They're already dealing with a crap situation and trying to sort out their damaged goods so I doubt they have time to individually write to everybody. But if you PM the OP they can just click reply.

hi

we also had quite a few things damaged, the removal company pretty much washed their hands of it saying it was down to the insurnace company. After chasing for a year and threatening legal action we finally (after many visits by people to value the stuff) recived our money, sadly we had under valued alot of it so only got a pittance back but lesson learnt. We wont be using that company again thats for sure !

Good luck with your insurnace claim, i hope its quicker than ours :(

So sorry to hear this.Please pm me with this company as we are about to book ours.More who knolw about them then people don't use them.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you PM me the company name please? We have just signed a contract with one of the big names and I really hope it's not them :(

Hi Alice, can you forward the name by pm to me too? I'm asking you as the poor original poster has been inundated and I don't want to add another to the pile when they've got other bigger things to be getting on with at the mo. We've recently signed up with one of the "big ones" but i'll happily withdraw from them if its the same one. Thanks, Ammosaph

Mizzmp I feel for you and would also appreciate a PM to say who the culprits were.

Thing is though, we live in a democracy and as far as I am aware a free market where we can decide who we use for services and who we don't. So with this in mind what is the problem with saying a company's name who have failed to deliver a service.

This, I'm sorry to say, is a failing of us British, we're too afraid to complain, name and shame. Let's out these people, it'll only lead to a better service.

It probably relates to the equivalent of defamation, what the owners of POI probably want to avoid is unsubstantiated claims of poor services, which could in theory be posted by a companies competition. That said, posting some of the companies that weren't involved probably shouldn't be a problem.

I've had quite a few worried people asking who the company I used was. I don't want to say at this stage but I can confirm it wasn't Pickfords, PSS, Crown or 1st International or Anglo Pacific.

Good luck people.

I know it must be the same as the guy who came and said we pack everything so well, things don't get broken. Thought it was some statement to make, I guess I would expect something's to possibly not make the trip but pure carelessness is just not acceptable.

Guest littlesarah
Ok, I've gone and booked Doree bonner, who I found very professional on their visit, well enough to book them and pay in full, now I'm panicking, ( please tell me it's not them????

We used DB when we moved in 2009, and found them to be really very good. We had 2 items of great sentimental value, and I didn't see them pack one of them, but when our cartons arrived this end, they'd packed the one I was worried about in lots of paper and then put it in a spare plastic box. We were there the whole time when they came to pack, and made sure one or other of us popped our head in so they knew we were taking note of what they did.

We had 2 breakages - one glass (minimal value) and one mirror (in which the glass was poorly-fitting to start off with). Wasn't worth claiming off our insurance (though we had listed every single item, including CDs & DVDs by title and artist, as well as taking photos of everything too).

OP, sorry to hear things went so awry for you.