Shipping arrived damaged!

Mizzmp

Has anyone shipped their gear from uk to oz and it arrived battered?

I wont mention the companies name but they are big and advertise in all the mags etc.

They packed a tv in a box of glasses without wrapping

Grandads rocking chair (very old) is battered after strict instructions it was to be treated like a newborn

Nintendo wii was chucked in a box of electricals with a heavy metal tv stand on top - its scrated to death (even tho we gave them the wii box)

Ornaments which belonged to my nans mum weren't wrapped, again just chucked in a box

Sideboard was stuffed so full of heavy books its busted at the sides and collapsed

The list goes on and im so angry. We are insured but half the stuff is pricelss to me and to top it off, they sent all the original insurance docs to our old house! We told them we were moving they empty the house then send the docs there instead of the address they were given.

Anyone had similar probs?

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive a funny feeling I know the company, as we had exactly the same problems

Total disgrace,with packing, so much stuff broken or damaged

Also our receipt and documents were all sent to the address they had moved us from in the UK !!!!!!!!!!!, , to an empty house

If its who I think it is, they dont want to know, and you will have a fight on your hands

we got 40pounds per item from them,,,,,dident even begin to pay for my leather sofa, they packed a rotary washing line on top of that, and then wrapped the sofa in brown paper and stood it up on its side

They were exceedindly rude, from the moment they knew they had the job, and we had paid them our money

The woman in their office was a complete and utter nasty peice

They advertsie in magazines and we met them at a London Expo,,,,,,,,,,,,sort of thought cos they were at a Aussie Expo, they would be good,,,,

Hope you get sorted

That's terrible!

We didn't have any of those sorts of problems and everything was packed brilliantly. The only problem we had was that the guys who unpacked this end sliced our headboard when unpacking. The company wouldn't pay anything as it "wasn't delibrate" (!) but we could claim through the insurance.

Would love to know go that is. We have had 2 big name shipping co around for valuation, one of them said to me " you have to value your insurance on how much it would cost to replace everything, because we are so careful with packing you won't have breakages but containers fall off the side of ships all the time" I thought yeah right! Sure some containers may get lost but I have heard enough bad shipping experiences. Obviously will still insure for whole lot but just made me trust the man less.

please PM me shipping company name, or better still put it on here to help people looking at shipping.

Guest Guest62720

I am a Director of Insure-Your-Move.com

We would strongly recommend you make a a detailed note of all the damage sustained and photograph the damaged items as much as you can. Also ensure you make notes of all calls (time, date and content) with your UK mover, their Australian Agent and any other representative.

Keep all the items - don't throw them away - unless instructed to do so and start using the Internet to source local restorers/repairers. Most policies generally allow for any inspection costs or charges for quotes or callout charges to be recoverable from the Insurers so keep receipts.

If any items are not repairable then start searching for replacing costs on a 'like for like' basis as Insurers will may require this information at some later stage when they come to adjust the claim. Depending upon the severity of the loss and damage, Insurers may want to appoint a local Loss Adjustor - we would suggest you discuss this with Insurers - as well as enquiring with Insurers if they would give consideration to an interim payment on account, so to assist you should you need to immediately replace any every day items.

Finally, please note Insurers have no reason or desire to delay in settling your claim but can only do so if they in possession of the facts and documents so carefully ensure you comply with the written claims procedure though remember they are only allowed to adjust and settle the claim in accordance with the Policy conditions.

Really sorry to hear that mizzmp. I can't believe that there are still companies that can do this and get away with it. We are currently getting quotes from companies, I guess when they get your money that's when they show their true colours. Can you PM me with their details please, hopefully the more people that know about them the less business they will get. Hopefully you will get it all resolved and the insurance will pay out - not helpful when it has sentimental value I know but wishing you luck with it all.

Many thanks

Has anyone shipped their gear from uk to oz and it arrived battered?

I wont mention the companies name but they are big and advertise in all the mags etc.

They packed a tv in a box of glasses without wrapping

Grandads rocking chair (very old) is battered after strict instructions it was to be treated like a newborn

Nintendo wii was chucked in a box of electricals with a heavy metal tv stand on top - its scrated to death (even tho we gave them the wii box)

Ornaments which belonged to my nans mum weren't wrapped, again just chucked in a box

Sideboard was stuffed so full of heavy books its busted at the sides and collapsed

The list goes on and im so angry. We are insured but half the stuff is pricelss to me and to top it off, they sent all the original insurance docs to our old house! We told them we were moving they empty the house then send the docs there instead of the address they were given.

Anyone had similar probs?

Hello

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Could you PM me the company please so we dont use them at least if we cant name them on here we can avoid them and hopefully it will hit them where it hurts....

Thanks

Mizzmp

So sorry this has happened to you!

We shipped a house full of stuff over from Spain to Scotland and when we asked of likely delivery dates we were told "how long is a piece of string!"

Obviously this was AFTER they had received our money! We also had items broken and even 'lost' one box of irreplaceable items. We are moving to Darwin

and do not want to go through that again. Could you please PM me this company's name so lightening dosen't strike for us twice. Hope it all works out for you! xx

This is brilliant, everyone now wants to avoid them...

I love the power of the internet, I dont think the shippers realise just how big the PIO community is, mess with one of us, mess with all of us.

I see a lot of you guys will not be using them in future..:biggrin:

Guest mbslkfirst

Dear Mizzmp

sorry to hear about your experience. Hope things get sorted. Thats the last thing you want - in addition to all the stress and anxiety of a new move!

Please pm me the name of the removal company as well. We had quote from all the biggies and would liek to avoid someone who gives rubbish after-support.

Thanks

Mizzmp I feel for you and would also appreciate a PM to say who the culprits were.

Thing is though, we live in a democracy and as far as I am aware a free market where we can decide who we use for services and who we don't. So with this in mind what is the problem with saying a company's name who have failed to deliver a service.

This, I'm sorry to say, is a failing of us British, we're too afraid to complain, name and shame. Let's out these people, it'll only lead to a better service.

Edited by spenner

Guest Alice2

Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you PM me the company name please? We have just signed a contract with one of the big names and I really hope it's not them :(

Mizzmp I feel for you and would also appreciate a PM to say who the culprits were.

Thing is though, we live in a democracy and as far as I am aware a free market where we can decide who we use for services and who we don't. So with this in mind what is the problem with saying a company's name who have failed to deliver a service.

This, I'm sorry to say, is a failing of us British, we're too afraid to complain, name and shame. Let's out these people, it'll only lead to a better service.

I thought in PIO your not allowed to name and shame...that's why we all asking for pm's....and could you ad me to the list of who it is so we too can avoid them.....

hope it all gets soughted

I would also be very interested indeed to know the name of this cowboy outfit, please PM me too!, I have already booked and paid with our company, if its the one Im using watch this space!

Hey, so sorry to hear your things were damaged Mizzmp - I really feel for you as this is one of my big fears of moving! (we're moving in Oct) Sorry to add to you To-Do list, but would you mind PM-ing me with the company's name too? (or could you somehow give a big clue on here, save having to PM everyone?!!) Thankyou!