Legal Threats From Companies

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

LEGAL THREATS FROM COMPANIES

After another company this week threatened legal action we have decided to change our policy. From today onwards if we receive any vexatious demands or complaints we reserve the right to take any or all of the actions listed below.

* publicise across our network of forums the legal threats and all correspondence with the full name and business details of the company making them.

* publish the threat in our monthly newsletter along with regular updates.

* publicise the threat across our social media networks including Facebook and Twitter

* Release to the National Media as well as the Australia and New Zealand Magazine details of the threatened legal action.

* Block the IP address of said Company

I think that sort of information could be very useful to assist people make informed decisions - good call :)

Its about time so people dont fall into the trap others have.... it may actually help members doing that and stop the said company from behaving like they do and also weed them out....

Guest Guest62720

As a Director of Insure-Your-Move.com we fully agree with your actions.

If we provide poor service then we have no problem with the complaint being aired on your forum so long as i) the complaint was not frivoulous ii) we have the right to reply and iii) we can advise your members through the forum what action we have taken to ensure the problem/complaint doesn't manifest itself again if the complaint was valid.

Those who hide behind the threat of taking legal action against PIO everytime they provide a poor service do not deserve to be in business. Those who deserve to succeed are those who listern to their customers, admit they got it wrong, learn from their mistake by responding accordingly.

ATTAGIRL!!!!

When I first read the title, I thought here it comes,- we can't say this; we can't say that.

Effectively muzzled.

I saw that happen on another site.

It was the opposite here! Tres cool!

Defamatory statements are one thing (and an important thing. You cannot say what you cannot prove), but being able to talk freely about a company and it's poor/ bad/ appalling service is entirely another.

Threats like this are becoming routine-and they are most always bluff, but they are also bullying.

They need countering exactly as has been done!

I have always said, Name & Shame.....

If the company don't offer a decent service, or are rude/a rip off and then threat with legal action because a PIO member post it here, then the deserved to be named and shamed... They think they can get away with blue murder these days...... well tough $hit!!!!!

• 8 months later...