PCC Requirement for Australia General Skilled Migration Visa (subclass 190)

jbb

Hello,

I have applied for NSW state sponsorship and awaiting their result. However I wanted some information about the PCC requirement in order to complete the visa application process for visa subclass 190.

As per this link http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf anyone who has stayed for more than 1 year in any country in the last 10 years needs to get PCC done from that country. So I had spent 13 months in Netherlands and returned back to India only in Sep 2003, so I guess I will need to get the PCC done from India which is the country from where I come from and also from The Netherlands since I had spent more than 1 year there in the last 10 years.

Can anyone provide me with information on how to get the Netherlands PCC done from India?

Thanks in advance.

JB

Your CO will request when you need to do the PCC - as they are only valid for 12 months, as people for HR countries can have a longer processing time due to internal/external checks.

The earliest date of PCC or Medicals is used as your first entry to Australia to validate your visa - so if you do the PCC check too early you wont have much time to be able to get to Australia to validate your visa.

but this is the information you requested.

NETHERLANDS, THE

Relevant document – ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’

Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG)

Apply Residents at the Population Affairs

Department (Burgerzaken/Publiekszaken) of

the municipality where you are registered

Non-residents directly at

COVOG

PO Box 16115

2500 BC Den Haag, Netherlands

Provide: application form (downloadable from

website) and valid ID document (eg. passport)

Note the application form for the VOG contains

sections that need to be completed by the organisation

that is asking you to provide the certificate. Before

submitting your application form to the municipality or

COVOG, you therefore need to send the form to your

nearest Australian Embassy/ visa office for

completion. Please include a stamped and selfaddressed

envelope for the return of the application

Fee currently EUR 30.05 (please check website)

www.justitie.nl/vog (also available in English)

Conduct)

Phone +31 (0)70 - 370 7234

E-mail frontdesk.justis@minjus.nl

Edited by lebourvellec

Your CO will request when you need to do the PCC - as they are only valid for 12 months, as people for HR countries can have a longer processing time due to internal/external checks.

The earliest date of PCC or Medicals is used as your first entry to Australia to validate your visa - so if you do the PCC check too early you wont have much time to be able to get to Australia to validate your visa.

but this is the information you requested.

NETHERLANDS, THE

Relevant document – ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’

Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG)

Apply Residents at the Population Affairs

Department (Burgerzaken/Publiekszaken) of

the municipality where you are registered

Non-residents directly at

COVOG

PO Box 16115

2500 BC Den Haag, Netherlands

Provide: application form (downloadable from

website) and valid ID document (eg. passport)

Note the application form for the VOG contains

sections that need to be completed by the organisation

that is asking you to provide the certificate. Before

submitting your application form to the municipality or

COVOG, you therefore need to send the form to your

nearest Australian Embassy/ visa office for

completion. Please include a stamped and selfaddressed

envelope for the return of the application

Fee currently EUR 30.05 (please check website)

www.justitie.nl/vog (also available in English)

Conduct)

Phone +31 (0)70 - 370 7234

E-mail frontdesk.justis@minjus.nl

Thank you for the information. So I think what you are suggesting is that I wait for the CO to first ask me to get the PCC and Medicals done, only then should I start the PCC and Medicals procedure. In any case at the moment I have just applied for NSW state sponsorship, so I will have to wait for the outcome of that and all the rest (like applying for a visa etc) comes later. But I was just trying to understand the procedure and honestly speaking getting PCC done for Netherlands does look like a daunting task more-so as most of the information presented is in Dutch which I do not understand. Also I did not see any link where I could download the application form.

Regards,

JB

Thank you for the information. So I think what you are suggesting is that I wait for the CO to first ask me to get the PCC and Medicals done, only then should I start the PCC and Medicals procedure. In any case at the moment I have just applied for NSW state sponsorship, so I will have to wait for the outcome of that and all the rest (like applying for a visa etc) comes later. But I was just trying to understand the procedure and honestly speaking getting PCC done for Netherlands does look like a daunting task more-so as most of the information presented is in Dutch which I do not understand. Also I did not see any link where I could download the application form.

Regards,

JB

Yes. this is particularly because few of the countries have a validity on PCC itself. So, its better to process once your CO requests for it or when you have CO allocated.

Although I believe that if you get the Dutch one now and do not enter the Netherlands again it will not become invalid. You cannot commit a crime if you are not there after all. This aspect has been posted on before. The Indian one will be valid for 12 months from the date on it. Regardless of a counties own validity rules DIAC imposes the 12 months on all criminal checks wherever they are from.

An agent will be able to clarify or correct this information if I am wrong.