WIandVAinWA

Mobile network in South West (Bunbury/Mandurah/...)

Hi there,

Just wondering which mobile networks have good coverage in South West (we are thinking to move to Bunbury) for calls and also mobile broadband ?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Skills Assessment Sent 03/03/11 - Outcome 14/06/11 - IELTS 24/09/11- WA SS 27/09/11 - 475 lodged: 08/11/11 - CO: 21/11/11 - Meds Finalised: 07/12/11 - Visa granted: 11/04/12 :wub: Flying: Sept '12

I prefer Telstra because I travel a lot and it seems to have the best coverage Aust wide.

You could try posting on Perth Poms as well - there is a link at the bottom of this page.

Telstra is the only reliable telco with coverage out of Perth metro area. Optus isnt too bad in the south west, but doesnt work in all areas once you get away from Bunbury/Busselton. Voda/3 - forget it!

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Oh and Virgin is pretty useless away from Perth too.

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Many thanks for your replies!

Telstra will be the best for us.

Skills Assessment Sent 03/03/11 - Outcome 14/06/11 - IELTS 24/09/11- WA SS 27/09/11 - 475 lodged: 08/11/11 - CO: 21/11/11 - Meds Finalised: 07/12/11 - Visa granted: 11/04/12 :wub: Flying: Sept '12

Guest goody269

We live 28k south of Bunbury and have no problem with Optus, my wife uses Telstra , almost as good coverage, but avoid at all costs Vodaphone their coverage is minimal and other than in the centre of town you will always be looking for a high spot to get a signal.

we are in Rockingham and have 3 mobiles with virgin, and mobile broadband connections, all no problems and were a really good deal at $19 a month