Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Mummy bear

URGENT advise needed Re De facto visa break up - what happens next?

Recommended Posts

Guest Mummy bear

 

:o)..

Edited by Mummy bear
situation resolved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell her to get in touch with a IMMI ASAP - Perhaps she could contact a Migration Agent first to run her case via them

 

 

Direct from the Partner Migration Booklet

 

www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

 

If the relationship with your partner ends

If your relationship ends with your partner, you must inform the department immediately.

If in Australia, you may still be eligible to be considered for and granted a permanent Partner visa in Australia so you may not be required to leave Australia.

Edited by StevieF8

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend that your daughter makes an appointment with a registered migration agent on Monday to discuss her options. She should do this before contacting immigration, which she is obliged to do as well. It is likely that once she informs immigration she will be given notice to leave, 28 days I think, unless she can organise another visa.

 

The most obvious option is if her employer can sponsor her. You have mentioned the student visa, but student visa is an expensive option and you mention saving up for defacto visa fees so I am guessing that funds are an issue. Bridging visas kick in between two visas, she cannot go onto a bridging visa to buy time whilst she thinks about what visa is next.

 

To be honest though, in view of what she has been through and the dramatic weight loss, it sounds like you should go and bring her home. :hug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Tell her to get in touch with a IMMI ASAP

 

That is the very last thing to do.

 

Consult an experienced registered migration agent for an assessment of the matter.


Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not able to offer specific advice re the visa issue but thinking of you and your daughter at this time Mummy bear.

 

I have two grown-up daughters so can imagine, at least in part, what you are going through. I too would be in pieces and wanting to 'rescue' my daughter ASAP. I hope that this can be sorted out, that you are able to give your daughter some 'Mummy hugs' and that your daughter recovers from this emotional trauma :hug::hug:


143 application lodged and 1st VAC paid 21 May 2015, acknowledgement 25 May 2015. Previously on 457 visa, expired Nov 2016, now on Bridging Visa A, awaiting developments !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mummy Bear,

 

I've just read your post and i'm in tears. I feel for both you and your daughter. Hope you manage to sort things out.:cry:


PMV 300 sent 30/5/12..... CO assigned plus Medical & Police Check required 31/5..... Meds done 11/.6.......Meds & Police Check cleared 18/6.............

Just the long wait now.....Flight booked for 15th November..........Visa granted 7th Nov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest GeorgeD

It's a terrible situation to be in. DON'T contact DIAC at this point. That could all go really, really badly. She needs professional advice on what she does next in her situation. There may be things she should do before she speaks to DIAC which will give her a much better chance of staying in Oz should she leave her partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Mummy bear

Thank you so much for responding. I have sent my daughter your information link. She has had a couple of lucid days but sadly today she is grieving.

I really do appreciate your input. Thank you x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest GeorgeD
Thank you so much for responding. I have sent my daughter your information link. She has had a couple of lucid days but sadly today she is grieving.

I really do appreciate your input. Thank you x

 

Yes, as the link says, there are circumstances where she may be able to remain. She really needs professional advice to see if she meets those criteria...please don't just go straight to DIAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×