URGENT advise needed Re De facto visa break up - what happens next?

Guest Mummy bear

Tell her to get in touch with a IMMI ASAP - Perhaps she could contact a Migration Agent first to run her case via them

Direct from the Partner Migration Booklet

www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

If the relationship with your partner ends

If your relationship ends with your partner, you must inform the department immediately.

If in Australia, you may still be eligible to be considered for and granted a permanent Partner visa in Australia so you may not be required to leave Australia.

Edited by StevieF8

I would recommend that your daughter makes an appointment with a registered migration agent on Monday to discuss her options. She should do this before contacting immigration, which she is obliged to do as well. It is likely that once she informs immigration she will be given notice to leave, 28 days I think, unless she can organise another visa.

The most obvious option is if her employer can sponsor her. You have mentioned the student visa, but student visa is an expensive option and you mention saving up for defacto visa fees so I am guessing that funds are an issue. Bridging visas kick in between two visas, she cannot go onto a bridging visa to buy time whilst she thinks about what visa is next.

To be honest though, in view of what she has been through and the dramatic weight loss, it sounds like you should go and bring her home. :hug:

Not able to offer specific advice re the visa issue but thinking of you and your daughter at this time Mummy bear.

I have two grown-up daughters so can imagine, at least in part, what you are going through. I too would be in pieces and wanting to 'rescue' my daughter ASAP. I hope that this can be sorted out, that you are able to give your daughter some 'Mummy hugs' and that your daughter recovers from this emotional trauma :hug::hug:

Guest GeorgeD

It's a terrible situation to be in. DON'T contact DIAC at this point. That could all go really, really badly. She needs professional advice on what she does next in her situation. There may be things she should do before she speaks to DIAC which will give her a much better chance of staying in Oz should she leave her partner.

Guest Mummy bear

Thank you so much for responding. I have sent my daughter your information link. She has had a couple of lucid days but sadly today she is grieving.

I really do appreciate your input. Thank you x

Guest GeorgeD
Thank you so much for responding. I have sent my daughter your information link. She has had a couple of lucid days but sadly today she is grieving.

I really do appreciate your input. Thank you x

Yes, as the link says, there are circumstances where she may be able to remain. She really needs professional advice to see if she meets those criteria...please don't just go straight to DIAC.