Suburbs to live in Perth that no one ever mentions

Bob1

When I look at the Perthpoms website everyone seems to be moving to Secret Harbour or Butler - it's as if they are the only suburbs people discuss or they hear about so I thought it would be good to mention some that people have never heard about.

I had to visit Wattle Grove the other day -I'd never heard of it even though I've lived here for years. It's near the airport, between Tonkin and Roe highways so easy commute to places. Checked the primary school out on my school web site and it does well - good little school. Not sure where the kids go to high school mind you. Lots of new houses - couldn't find one listed for rent so may be it's a best kept secret.

Any one else know of any suburbs worth a mention just to widen options?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest17301

Great idea.

Guildford...Swan Valley, lots of colonial style older cottages and on the banks of the swan. Historic town, not too far out but feels very peaceful and villagey

Bullsbrook, in the Perth city of Swan, stunning scenery, real country living ideal for horsey folks

but not everyone on here is looking for the cheapest suburb, they're after a whole range of things. I think it is good when Ali mentions Leeming as an alternative. If you want cheap how about Orelia or Balga? think we should get a whole range of places for different budgets. Innaloo, Dianella, Munster etc etc

Guest guest17301

Wanneroo, Woodvale and Kingsley get a lot of mentions but Wanneroo is literally next door to Woodvale and has a lot to offer, new or old

apparently greenwood is quite nice lol.....sshhh we are keeping out the riff raff....

When I look at the Perthpoms website everyone seems to be moving to Secret Harbour or Butler - it's as if they are the only suburbs people discuss or they hear about so I thought it would be good to mention some that people have never heard about.

I had to visit Wattle Grove the other day -I'd never heard of it even though I've lived here for years. It's near the airport, between Tonkin and Roe highways so easy commute to places. Checked the primary school out on my school web site and it does well - good little school. Not sure where the kids go to high school mind you. Lots of new houses - couldn't find one listed for rent so may be it's a best kept secret.

We live in Willetton SOR....great primary schools, one of the best high schools in the state and pretty central to Perth, Fremantle and the hills.

It's an older suburb, great older house on big blocks of land, plenty of open spaces for the kids, close to the Swan and Cannington rivers, plenty of shops and has great access to roe hwy, leach hwy and Kwinana freeway.

Only downside is the closest beach is about 20 minutes away, But we don't go to the beach that often so doesn't really have any impact on us.

Guest guest17301

Wendy..a beach 20 mins away is not a down side! See how spoiled we are in Perth , lol....yeah great suburb but the worst thing is its a whole 20 mins from the beach, lol.

but not everyone on here is looking for the cheapest suburb, they're after a whole range of things. I think it is good when Ali mentions Leeming as an alternative. If you want cheap how about Orelia or Balga? think we should get a whole range of places for different budgets. Innaloo, Dianella, Munster etc etc

Balga...! You got to be kidding, great of you want to live by native people , African aslyam seekers etc etc

People move to the places you mentioned because they hate the uk so much , you Know broken Britain and all that old rubbish. Both places mentioned have the highest proportion of British people per square km than any place in the world other than Britain, glad they escaped broken Britain and the troublesum people. ..

As well as your first sentence being wrong in truth and sentiment, you are also wrong on the stats -

There are two suburbs where exactly 43 per cent of the population was born in a single country other than Australia. One is located in Sydney's west as you might expect; the other is a surprise.

That other is the new suburb of Jindalee on the northernmost edge of Perth. Positioned between Wanneroo Road and the Indian Ocean, Jindalee was home to 1200 residents at the census, of whom 43 per cent were born in a single overseas country.

And the name of the single country of birth for almost half Jindalee's residents? Why, it's Britain, of course. Interestingly the five most "British" suburbs in Australia are located in Perth: Jindalee, Mindarie (34 per cent), Connolly (33 per cent), Burns Beach (32 per cent) and Carramar (32 per cent).

Read the full article here - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/property/the-suburb-with-43pc-poms-its-our-own-little-britain/story-fn9656lz-1226429429558

As well as your first sentence being wrong in truth and sentiment, you are also wrong on the stats -

There are two suburbs where exactly 43 per cent of the population was born in a single country other than Australia. One is located in Sydney's west as you might expect; the other is a surprise.

That other is the new suburb of Jindalee on the northernmost edge of Perth. Positioned between Wanneroo Road and the Indian Ocean, Jindalee was home to 1200 residents at the census, of whom 43 per cent were born in a single overseas country.

And the name of the single country of birth for almost half Jindalee's residents? Why, it's Britain, of course. Interestingly the five most "British" suburbs in Australia are located in Perth: Jindalee, Mindarie (34 per cent), Connolly (33 per cent), Burns Beach (32 per cent) and Carramar (32 per cent).

Read the full article here - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/property/the-suburb-with-43pc-poms-its-our-own-little-britain/story-fn9656lz-1226429429558

All of the above are full of British, hay you know the Australians call clarkson and butler.... Balga by the sea... Only saying what the Australians say.....

Edited by paul1977

Guest JK2510

Butler=little Britain...

Suburbs not really mentioned....edgewater...a gem of a place and an area I would buy in...excellant connections to freeway and train station near bunnings....we live in hocking....alot of peeps I speak to haven't a foggiest where that is...Alexander heights....not really mentioned looks a nice area.

Erskine is beautiful as is Halls Head, Mandurah. Silversands, Meadow Springs, San Remo, Madora Bay, Singleton. Parklands, Pinjarra Ravenswood, Dawesville its only when you live here very often that you venture out and really have a good old look around, and realise that if you go out of your comfort zone you will find areas that are lovely :cool:

Butler=little Britain...

Suburbs not really mentioned....edgewater...a gem of a place and an area I would buy in...excellant connections to freeway and train station near bunnings....we live in hocking....alot of peeps I speak to haven't a foggiest where that is...Alexander heights....not really mentioned looks a nice area.

My mate lives there and can't get Internet to his house as the exchange is full.. Welcome to WA in 2012

HI All,

We will be moving shortly, 2 of us and 2 kids, willeton would be top of the list so far.

Has anyone had the experience of getting a long term let straightaway, would be ideal way to go.

Dream on maybe

Thanks,

A.

All of the above are full of British, hay you know the Australians call clarkson and butler.... Balga by the sea... Only saying what the Australians say.....

As we are talking stats , what's the stat of British born, living in WA , my mate falls into that category , he's been here 50 years , a lot of folk in Jindalee have been here years , same as the uk , you buy a house then move up the property ladder , and recently you don't need a big deposit to build , so most newbies go down that route , funny Brighton being little Britain as I am the Tony Pom on our street , not a lot roundabouts either