Beware of migration company

Guest elitobon

Guest elitobon

Unfortunately I am having to resort to providing a warning if you are thinking of using the services of a particular agent. PLEASE PM me for name as can't post it.

I researched this agent and nothing terribly negative appeared, just a guess that she was probably not licensed herself but that a few of her clients had been happy with her services.

We worked with her to put together my skills assessment for Vetasses which was meant to be posted off last November. Since this date she has led me down a path of deceit. We have been in constant communication via email, skype (we spent 6 months in South America) and phone in which she had continued her story that all is well and that everything was on track for us to be there in November 2012. I gave her every opportunity to tell us that this would not happen.

In June when we were deciding whether we should stay in South America or return to the UK before our departure to Australia she didn't feel that it was important to tell us that actually our Vetasses application had NEVER been sent off. We arrived back in the UK in July only to contact Vetasses directly and conclude that they had never received it or been paid for it.

I cannot put into words the turmoil that this has put our life in. We have 2 young children age 3 and 5, the elder who was meant to be starting school in Adelaide. We had sold ALL of our belongings. We now cannot apply due to changes made on 1st July.

If you are using her or are thinking about it please be extremely wary. Yes, she appears to know her stuff but something is seriously wrong with her business. You hear about stories like this happening but never think that you will be the ones, well it happens.

Edited by elitobon
Forum rules

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I am having to resort to providing a warning if you are thinking of using the services of the above agent.

I used Poms In Oz last year to research this agent and nothing terribly negative appeared, just a guess that she was probably not licensed herself but that a few of her clients had been happy with her services.

We worked with her to put together my skills assessment for Vetasses which was meant to be posted off last November. Since this date she has led me down a path of deceit. We have been in constant communication via email, skype (we spent 6 months in South America) and phone in which she had continued her story that all is well and that everything was on track for us to be there in November 2012. I gave her every opportunity to tell us that this would not happen.

In June when we were deciding whether we should stay in South America or return to the UK before our departure to Australia she didn't feel that it was important to tell us that actually our Vetasses application had NEVER been sent off. We arrived back in the UK in July only to contact Vetasses directly and conclude that they had never received it or been paid for it.

I cannot put into words the turmoil that this has put our life in. We have 2 young children age 3 and 5, the elder who was meant to be starting school in Adelaide. We had sold ALL of our belongings. We now cannot apply due to changes made on 1st July.

If you are using her or are thinking about it please be extremely wary. Yes, she appears to know her stuff but something is seriously wrong with her business. You hear about stories like this happening but never think that you will be the ones, well it happens.

OMG:huh: so sorry to hear your experience. And money down the drain! Is ****** a MARA agent???

Guest The Pom Queen

I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma, how terrible, are they registered, I would be looking at taking the matter further if I was you

Unfortunately I am having to resort to providing a warning if you are thinking of using the services of the above agent.

I used Poms In Oz last year to research this agent and nothing terribly negative appeared, just a guess that ********** was probably not licensed herself but that a few of her clients had been happy with her services.

We worked with ***** to put together my skills assessment for Vetasses which was meant to be posted off last November. Since this date she has led me down a path of deceit. We have been in constant communication via email, skype (we spent 6 months in South America) and phone in which she had continued her story that all is well and that everything was on track for us to be there in November 2012. I gave her every opportunity to tell us that this would not happen.

is this the lady?

Guest elitobon

Sorry, I'm new to the forum and was advised to report her and warn others but I quite understand why names can't be mentioned.

It appears that she is not registered so I'm guessing that there is nothing I can do?

Guest The Pom Queen
Yes, that is the one. Did you have any problems?

Sorry, I'm new to the forum and was advised to report her and warn others but I quite understand why names can't be mentioned.

It appears that she is not registered so I'm guessing that there is nothing I can do?

It's terrible, it really is. Ill pm you.

Yes, that is the one. Did you have any problems?

It appears that she is not registered so I'm guessing that there is nothing I can do

Registered Migration Agents for Australia - Canada - NZ

MARA No. 9803463

time to report it to MARA

this was taken from this link here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/migration-agents/reporting-problems.htm

Report an unregistered migration agent

If you want to report an unregistered migration agent please use the department's feedback form.

See: Feedback – About our Service

You may also contact the Immigration Dob-in Line.

Telephone: 1800 009 623

Guest The Pom Queen
double WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! she even fakes it on her linked in profile?!?

Registered Migration Agents for Australia - Canada - NZ

MARA No. 9803463

time to report it to MARA

this was taken from this link here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/migration-agents/reporting-problems.htm

Report an unregistered migration agent

If you want to report an unregistered migration agent please use the department's feedback form.

See: Feedback – About our Service

You may also contact the Immigration Dob-in Line.

Telephone: 1800 009 623

Being in the UK they don't need to be registered however, her linked in profile is misleading as the MARA No links to Gary Loseby http://www.australianmigration.co.za/team.html

Guest The Pom Queen
Yes and she needs to be reported immediately.

It is normal for companies to use a 3rd party migration agent so this part isn't illegal, what I don't agree with is that the MARA No is under her name, this should be removed as its misleading. Elizabeth try contacting Gary Loseby about your case and see if you get anywhere with him.

It is normal for companies to use a 3rd party migration agent so this part isn't illegal, what I don't agree with is that the MARA No is under her name, this should be removed as its misleading. Elizabeth try contacting Gary Loseby about your case and see if you get anywhere with him.

I was just thinking that.

I think it is time we advice everyone not to use an agent unless their case is very complicated. I'm using a registered agent for my visa but i'm very disappointed by the services provided by him. If I had known about this forum before i applied for my visa i would have done it myself :embarrassed:

Guest The Pom Queen
I think it is time we advice everyone not to use an agent unless their case is very complicated. I'm using a registered agent for my visa but i'm very disappointed by the services provided by him. If I had known about this forum before i applied for my visa i would have done it myself :embarrassed:

Not all agents are bad, we have some excellent ones on here like Alan Collett at Go Matilda and George Lombard, we also have Raul and Wesley, all are registered agents and are always receiving positive feedback on here.

Guest elitobon

I will try, thanks. As for using an agent, I was told that alone it would be hard and the agent herself said that with her we would have no problems as she knew all the ins and outs. I think you are very vulnerable when new to it all and can be easily swayed by an agent who promises everything and justifies it by saying it isn't much in the bigger picture.

Guest The Pom Queen
I have had 3 different people come to my offices with similar tales. elitobon is not an isolated occurence. There is some form.

Is there anything they can do Richard?

There was a similar complaint regarding migration company on Perth Poms - I believe it is the same one. http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/migration-issues/7230-help-bad-agent.html

I would run your case past another agent - as why do you think you are no longer eligible? What is your occupation? Maybe there could be the option of employer sponsorship?

Try Go Matilda, Visa bureau, or Overseas Emigration, all well recommended agents but other PIO members.

This has to be *** ******* *****??? *** ********** We had same look on Perth poms at my post there someone else had it too ! We really need to do something about her if enough people complain to trading standards we might be able to put a stop to this con woman destroying people's futures !

Edited by lebourvellec
as per forum rules -