190 Visa lodged August 2012

pswebb38

Just got an email from our case officer, and she is asking for the relevant assessing authority (TRA in our case) to provide their opinion that my wife's employment in her current job is classed as skilled employment for the purpose of attaining points for overseas employment.

Has anyone else had to do this, and what the hell do we do next?

Major panicking now as worried this might be a major problem!

HELP!

Like a Points test advisory letter from VETASSESS?A little birdy told me DIAC doesn't really consider them so shame she's asking you for something like that.

Question:Anyone applied for a 190 for a skill that's NOT on their nominating state's SMP and gotten their visa?I'm hoping that's what the hold up in my case is.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I never provided information about CPA's opinion of my experience (because I disagreed with them and thought DIAC would too) and I was passed ok.

I wonder why they're requesting it. I reckon you should give your CO a ring to see what she really wants, could just be something really simple.

Like a Points test advisory letter from VETASSESS?A little birdy told me DIAC doesn't really consider them so shame she's asking you for something like that.

Question:Anyone applied for a 190 for a skill that's NOT on their nominating state's SMP and gotten their visa?I'm hoping that's what the hold up in my case is.

I thought your skill had to be on their list for them to sponsor you but you've already been sponsored from what I can see on your signature so this shouldn't cause a hold up, but only DIAC know how they work :)

I thought your skill had to be on their list for them to sponsor you but you've already been sponsored from what I can see on your signature so this shouldn't cause a hold up, but only DIAC know how they work :)

Gah!Shoulda been clearer with that statement...it is on the list but it's availability is under "Special conditions apply",essentially there aren't many jobs.But I asked my CO and he said there are external checks being done,which could take a while so fingers crossed they go ok!

Is there any one in this thread who had travelled to a foreign country and included those details in form 80?

If so, did the CO ask for any additional proofs or docs regarding your travel to that foreign country.

Please reply seniors..

Need your advice on this

We're just about to lodge our EOI for a 190 visa. How long does it usually take to get an invitation? Have got no real idea of timescales. Just want our visa now so we can get jobs and move!!

I take it you already have positive skills assessment and know which state you're seeking nomination from? If so then the invitation will come through after you've a) submitted your EOI and b) submitted your application for state nomination, and been successful. So really the timescale for your invite will be down to the state you're seeking sponsorship from. They can differ greatly in processing times. We got SS for WA in 3 weeks but I think SA are taking about 12-14 weeks at the moment.

After your invitation your visa processing time will also vary based on complexity, medicals, CO allocated and possibly a number of other things. If everything is pretty straight forward you definitely shouldn't be waiting 6 months, but that's not to say you won't. Some people are getting grants in as little as 2-3 weeks but others are waiting months due to medicals being referred.

I can safely say its definitely a roller coaster ride!

Edited by d4ddyc00l

Visa grant confirmed yesterday! Now to start planning.

Hey mushlet,

Many Congrats on your grant :)

Could you please share the following details if you don't mind - will help others:

Applied Onshore (Australia) / Offshore:

CO allocation date:

CO Initials (Eg. LC, MN, LZ etc):

Employment verification done?

Cheers

hi,

How do one know that he has been allotted with a CO.

I have lodged my 190 visa on 21 oct and still no news of CO.

Any ideas on my current scenario and guesses for CO allocation times

Thanks

Hi Naseefoz,

I will tell what we did after applying...

1) We applied on the first week of October

2)We are based in Pune, India so we chose Ruby Hospital which has the facility to send the document over electronically. So after filling the online form we took the printout of that and than we called the Hospital for an appointment. A lady advised us to directly walk-in after 12:00.

It was after all very quick withing one and half me and my wife were done with Medical Exam.

3) After 15 days of lodging a visa application, we had received an email from our case officer that all the documents are received expect PCC.

4) CO has given us 28 days of time to submit our PCC, however we advised them that it would not be possible to get PCC within 28 days and she was ok with it. But she told us to provide us the receipt or any proof which shows that we have applied for PCC.

We are waiting to get our PCC and we will be done with our documents.

I would suggest you to apply for PCC ASAP because it will definitely take sometime and if you would like to know the procedure than let me know and I will guide you.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Romil

Finances question!! We are applying for state nomination from Victoria. We thought that you had to have $20,000 of assets to apply but in the eligability criteria there is a list of finances that you have to have depending on how many dependents you have. We will have to have $40,000 worth of assets, which we don't have. Then in the document checklist it just says that you have to state what finances you have available to you??? Very confused.

Checked the TRA online portal today and it showed that my wife's points advice paperwork was received today and is now 'awaiting assessment'.

Hope we don't have to wait 'up to 60 days' like we did the first time!

Yay!! Hope it all moves quickly for you now! Good luck :)