190 Visa lodged August 2012

pswebb38

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yabisht

[h=2]Gap in workex due to study break for MBA - which visa category to apply for PR?[/h]

We are planning to apply for PR. Need inputs from the forum members.

Me and my husband have work ex of 4y4m and 5 y respectively, but it is split in two parts. Before and after MBA. Current work ex post MBA is 2 yr 4 months for both. Subclass 189 and 190 says 36/48 months should be in same occupation. So we are unable to find the right visa type for us. because 30 months back we were actually studing in B-schools.

Earlier work ex previous to MBA is 23 months (me) 33 months (husband).

Other Details:

We are in the same industry through out the employment: IT industry for 4 Y 4 M (me), and 5 Y (husband)

Work profile before MBA - more technical, 70% development or testing, 30% business analysis

Work profile after MBA - more functional, 80% business analysis, 20% development or testing

Please advise which visa will suit us wrt Australia 189/190? Our ultimate objective is to get PR of Australia. Any suggestion is welcome.

Hi All,

An update on my situation...

I've gotten a CO (finally) on 8/10/2012, and she asked for my Malaysian & Singaporean police clearances as expected.

There was a bit of running around, but finally managed to send both sets of documents out today...and so the wait continues...

Anyone else had to do those police clearances? Would be nice to know someone who's in the same boat :)

Cheers,

Suzie

Got an email from our CO at 3.20 this morning asking us to email her some of the documents we'd previously uploaded as she couldn't open them.

She's from team 33 in Brisbane, which I thought a bit odd considering our support officer was in Adelaide.

Had to send form 80's P60's payslips passports &separate passport photos & TRA letter.

Keeping everything crossed that it won't be long now, but getting seriously stressed that they'll turn us down! Aaarrghh!

Got an email from our CO at 3.20 this morning asking us to email her some of the documents we'd previously uploaded as she couldn't open them.

She's from team 33 in Brisbane, which I thought a bit odd considering our support officer was in Adelaide.

Had to send form 80's P60's payslips passports &separate passport photos & TRA letter.

Keeping everything crossed that it won't be long now, but getting seriously stressed that they'll turn us down! Aaarrghh!

I called them earlier and was told that my CO is from Brisbane (as well). Since they already called my employer weeks ago, I hope they won't ask for more documents for my employment verification anymore. The officer who received my call told me that it should not be too long now for my result.

Edited by bmc

Guys,

I have a small doubt while filling the online visa application for 190

It is asking for NON MIGRATING DEPENDANT FAMILY MEMBERS.

In that column, do i need to provide details of my dad,mom and bro?

I thought to tick it as NO.

since, they are not dependant on me, they have their own sources to survive.

I dont want to make my application messy by adding all those details and get medicals done to them etc etc.

Please need your suggestions asap

BTW

I got my ITA yesterday for WA SS through DIAC

Thanks for the reply pswebb,

I have a doubt that,

Would the CO be asking me the question and proofs to support my selection of not choosing my family members as dependants?

Thanks for the reply pswebb,

I have a doubt that,

Would the CO be asking me the question and proofs to support my selection of not choosing my family members as dependants?

No, it's quite normal what you've done. Your CO will only normally ask for documentation and information about the main visa applicant.

pswebb,

Thanks and I will proceed with your suggestion as I too feel the same.

What happens once I submit my online visa application.?

wiil I be assigned a CO or do I need to send certificates

Hi everyone,

There's not been many updates recently, how are you all getting on? pswebb38, I've been keeping up to date with your situation on this and the Sep board, I can't believe you're still waiting!! My CO was from team 33 and she was really quick so hopefully this should work well for you. I sent her friendly emails every few days to keep her looking at my case, just with little updates from me for the medicals and to check if she needed any help or anything etc. I'm sure you're grant is just around the corner through :)

I have been flooding the Sydney job market with my resume in the hope that some will overlook my UK address, so far I've had 2 very positive chats with recruitment agents and I now have my first interview lined up with one of the multi-national companies I applied with so I'm feeling very positive at the moment :)

I have similar situation as you are facing geyser.... perhaps psweeb38 is in more pain than all of us . he is in his 3rd month .... Dont know what is happening with us. I even dont have a single correspondance from DIAC side.

Hope all will be good.

If you guys haven't heard anything it might be worth phoning the number that was on your acknowledgement letter to see if there's any news on a CO yet.

We're hopefully almost there now. Had an email from our CO on Wednesday asking us to email some of the docs that we'd attached online as they were having technical difficulties which meant they couldn't open them.

Fingers crossed might hear something this coming week. Frustrating thing is that some people who lodged in September have already got their visas!

Good luck to you both.

Hi dugles, thank you for your sympathy, I don't feel alone now! :smile:don't know what is happening but waiting is really frustrating!!:mad: I did my police clearance the previous week and booked medicals for the next week

Thank you pswebb38 for the positive energy you give us, hope to hear good news about the granting of your visa soon just like other friends in this forum!

Good Luck to all my friends.:wink:

Hi all. I thought i would ask, as you all have fully completed the visa and information, a few questions if that is ok?

I paid for and completed my 190 visa yersterday and was surprised to see how un unser friendly the attached document section is and how vague the 190 checklist is. What does everyone else think?

i am currently just asking the parents for copies of birth certificates and scanning in my other docs which are:

Vetassess positive assessment

Vetassess point advisory letter

employment references, payslips for nominated profession etc

ielts for wife and i

Passport bio pages

Marriage Certificate

CV

Professional Certifications

it has been recommended i also provide bank statements and tax documents for employment, which i didnt do for vetasses, and i have a point advisory letter, but do you think it is recommended? It is not be a problem for me to do this.

To sort:

pcc

medicals

birth certificatrs

also are there any forms i have to fill out and scan? I noticed there was a statement to sign but the link didnt work on evisa so i had to search on the immi website. Copied that text and signed it which i think you have to scan. Is this correct?

Apart from what i have mentioned is there anything obvious missing? Do i need to attach anything else? They already have state sponsorship information so for points purposes cant think of anything but any tips happily accepted.

Thanks all for your help

Hi everyone,

There's not been many updates recently, how are you all getting on? pswebb38, I've been keeping up to date with your situation on this and the Sep board, I can't believe you're still waiting!! My CO was from team 33 and she was really quick so hopefully this should work well for you. I sent her friendly emails every few days to keep her looking at my case, just with little updates from me for the medicals and to check if she needed any help or anything etc. I'm sure you're grant is just around the corner through :)

I have been flooding the Sydney job market with my resume in the hope that some will overlook my UK address, so far I've had 2 very positive chats with recruitment agents and I now have my first interview lined up with one of the multi-national companies I applied with so I'm feeling very positive at the moment :)

Hi Katiem,

Just curious as to who your CO was. What was her initials, be bizarre if we have the same lady?!

Good luck with your job hunt!

Paul

Just got an email from our case officer, and she is asking for the relevant assessing authority (TRA in our case) to provide their opinion that my wife's employment in her current job is classed as skilled employment for the purpose of attaining points for overseas employment.

Has anyone else had to do this, and what the hell do we do next?

Major panicking now as worried this might be a major problem!

HELP!

Hi Katiem,

Just curious as to who your CO was. What was her initials, be bizarre if we have the same lady?!

Good luck with your job hunt!

Paul

She was KD.

Is your wife the main applicant? It's odd that they want TRA's opinion, I thought they decided things like that for themselves?!

She was KD.

Is your wife the main applicant? It's odd that they want TRA's opinion, I thought they decided things like that for themselves?!

We've got a different CO to you.

Really getting stressed with all this now. Don't want to have to wait a other 2 months whilst TRA do the points test advice!

My wife has emailed our CO to see if it is the points advice that's needed.

If we'd known this when we submitted our application we could've sent it off 2 months ago!

Is nothing ever easy or straight forward!