GilraenH

Schedule 8 ...... S8 permit needed to prescribe

I am wondering what is the best way to go about ensuring a smooth transition for a teenager taking Concerta xl 54mgs here in the UK.

Would a letter from the paediatrician help? or is needed?

How do I go about bringing the medication into the country without any incident given the status of the medication.

Is it possible to have a GP in a rural area prescribe this without a referral to a consultant paediatrician in Australia?

My teen does so well socially and academically taking this that I would hate for him to come to Australia and have a miserable time because I didn't do the right thing before coming over.

Has anyone else any experience of this? I am going to NSW, if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help. :smile:

(RSMS 187) RCB 26.09.2013, Nomination 14.10.2013, Visa re-lodged 27.10.2013 non DRC. Child and Family Health nurse. Low risk country. Nomination and Visa both granted 03.12.2013. :jiggy:

I am wondering what is the best way to go about ensuring a smooth transition for a teenager taking Concerta xl 54mgs here in the UK.

Would a letter from the paediatrician help? or is needed?

How do I go about bringing the medication into the country without any incident given the status of the medication.

Is it possible to have a GP in a rural area prescribe this without a referral to a consultant paediatrician in Australia?

My teen does so well socially and academically taking this that I would hate for him to come to Australia and have a miserable time because I didn't do the right thing before coming over.

Has anyone else any experience of this? I am going to NSW, if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help. :smile:

Hi

I found some info about taking controlled drugs to Oz here:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2593.aspx?CategoryID=70&SubCategoryID=175

Sorry, not sure what the protocol is for getting it prescribed in Oz.

Cheers

Ross

Hi

I found some info about taking controlled drugs to Oz here:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2593.aspx?CategoryID=70&SubCategoryID=175

Sorry, not sure what the protocol is for getting it prescribed in Oz.

Cheers

Ross

Many thanks for that Ross :biggrin:

(RSMS 187) RCB 26.09.2013, Nomination 14.10.2013, Visa re-lodged 27.10.2013 non DRC. Child and Family Health nurse. Low risk country. Nomination and Visa both granted 03.12.2013. :jiggy: