Guest Biffy12

457 -processing time for changing employer question

Guest Biffy12

Hi

I hope someone can help to answer our question.

My husband is on 457 visa but he would like to change his employer. Luckily he has find another company who can sponsor him. Did anyone on 457 visa and change the employer recently? How long did it take for the nomination application to be transferred since the application was submitted?

His new company is in different state, is this going to be difficult to transfer?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

I done exactly that in April and it took less than 2 weeks once the paperwork is submitted. Just make sure the new company is up to speed on what documents are required and you'll be fine. Remember, you get 28 days grace after you finish employment with your original company so plenty time - but don't let it to chance!

It shouldnt matter if it is a different state - if the employer is already a business sponsor it should happen very quickly - as you are not applying for a new visa - the new company will be taking over the nomination.

Guest Biffy12
I done exactly that in April and it took less than 2 weeks once the paperwork is submitted. Just make sure the new company is up to speed on what documents are required and you'll be fine. Remember, you get 28 days grace after you finish employment with your original company so plenty time - but don't let it to chance!

Thank you very much for your reply. Glad to hear that only 2 weeks, his company's lawyer just submitted the application, hopefully we will hear from them in few weeks. Thanks again for your help!

Guest Biffy12
It shouldnt matter if it is a different state - if the employer is already a business sponsor it should happen very quickly - as you are not applying for a new visa - the new company will be taking over the nomination.

Thanks for your reply, yest they have sponsored people before, so hopefully it will be OK, Thanks again for your help.

Which forms did you use to apply? I know it says you don't apply for a new visa but I can't seem to see anywhere that differentiates between a visa transfer to a new employer or a new visa on sites. It's all essentially pointing to the same end goal which is the 457 forms I've already applied for 2 years ago.

Been offered a job with a different employer and due to start in 5-6 weeks approx once I've worked my current notice.