dibongo

Shippers booked - 5th Feb

Flights booked - 7th feb

Hotel in Singapore - booked for 3 nights

Airport lounges Heathrow and Singapore - booked

Lift to airport - sorted

I do believe we are good to go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi can I ask which shippers you are using and if they need full payment upfront?

Oh and by the way very quick organising!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dibongo for all your help and advice.

Wishing you the best of luck down under, hopefully we will hear something soon. CO got back to me and said my medical was with the MOC and they were just waiting for it to be sent back, but not sure how long that would take (they found slight scarring on my lung????- Never had anything wrong with my lungs, maybe a chest infection from years ago. who knows.

Take care and enjoy your adventure

Hi can I ask which shippers you are using and if they need full payment upfront?

Oh and by the way very quick organising!

Hi, I've used a firm local to me called Barnes of Lincoln . Pay them when they pick the stuff up.

Very good quote and my inlaws used them to Perth and sister in law to Melbourne- both very happy.

Thanks Dibongo for all your help and advice.

Wishing you the best of luck down under, hopefully we will hear something soon. CO got back to me and said my medical was with the MOC and they were just waiting for it to be sent back, but not sure how long that would take (they found slight scarring on my lung????- Never had anything wrong with my lungs, maybe a chest infection from years ago. who knows.

Take care and enjoy your adventure

Hi, hope everything goes ok for both of you, shame about the X-ray but at least you know it's being looked at.

Dear All:

I am feeling so much frustrated as I haven't got EOI invitation yet. I have submitted EOI on 24 September'12 under 489 family sponsored visa subclass; My points is now 60 & occupation is under SOL 2. I have heard that I will be invited once Skill select finishes inviting occupation under SOL 1 but could not find the source of information & validity. Please share your views in this regard & chances for me to get the invitation including your source of information.

Thanks

Bashar

Edited by Basharbd

Dear All:

I am feeling so much frustrated as I haven't got EOI invitation yet. I have submitted EOI on 24 September'12 under 489 family sponsored visa subclass; My points is now 60 & occupation is under SOL 2. I have heard that I will be invited once Skill select finishes inviting occupation under SOL 1 but could not find the source of information & validity. Please share your views in this regard & chances for me to get the invitation including your source of information.

Thanks

Bashar

I was under the impression that if you were on the CSOL (sol2) then you couldn't get a 489 family sponsored visa, our occupation is on the CSOL, and we have had to go state sponsored ........

I was under the impression that if you were on the CSOL (sol2) then you couldn't get a 489 family sponsored visa, our occupation is on the CSOL, and we have had to go state sponsored ........

That is correct, if we could have been family sponsored we would have done that, but my wife's occupation is CSOL not SOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Just waiting on my 489, submitted via agent who front loaded all documents on the 19th Nov 12. Agent called me few week ago saying case officer etc all ok, only issue was CO was insisting on points advice from TRA. What a joke, already done my skillsassessments which were fine, apparently points advice is at the discretion of the CO. my agent was contesting but was holding the process up. In the end I've had to pay another $300, rip off for something that is of no value just a money making scheme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I received email from CO (team4) asking for 1)Form 80 for me and my wife 2)PCC for me and my wife 3)Medical for me my wife and our child
Hi Amit, I am from Dhaka and in similar situation like u. Do u have any update? I have submitted PCC, form 80 and Med reports through Currier in the last week of Jan'13. Waiting for the update. I think u r from BD. So, let us know if there is any update.

Hi Amit, I am from Dhaka and in similar situation like u. Do u have any update? I have submitted PCC, form 80 and Med reports through Currier in the last week of Jan'13. Waiting for the update. I think u r from BD. So, let us know if there is any update.

medical referred and it will be a long wait.

OK. Totally lost and you've probably answered this already - but I'd really appreciate any help!

My sister is willing to sponsor me and lives in Queensland. I think my occupation is on the CSOL only though and I would only get state sponsorship from WA. Does that matter if I have family sponsorship, or should I just not go down this route?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

OK. Totally lost and you've probably answered this already - but I'd really appreciate any help!

My sister is willing to sponsor me and lives in Queensland. I think my occupation is on the CSOL only though and I would only get state sponsorship from WA. Does that matter if I have family sponsorship, or should I just not go down this route?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Hate to tell you this, but if your occupation is on the CSOL, you cannot get a family sponsor, you can only be sponsored by the state. This means you have to live by the restrictions the State enforces for the 489 visa i.e. you have to live in a regional area. We are in the same position as you, and we have had to do this. If you go onto DIAC and put in 489 visa and then go to the bottom of the page you will find booklet 6, this will show you all the postcodes you have to live in.

Hi,

This thread's been very quiet for some time. Any visa grands or progress recently. I've applied for 489 on 31 st Jan and acknowledged the receipt by DIAC. Medicals and police checks were already front loaded. No CO assigned or no communication yet. Anybody facing a similar scenario.

Pl share.

Just waiting on my 489, submitted via agent who front loaded all documents on the 19th Nov 12. Agent called me few week ago saying case officer etc all ok, only issue was CO was insisting on points advice from TRA. What a joke, already done my skillsassessments which were fine, apparently points advice is at the discretion of the CO. my agent was contesting but was holding the process up. In the end I've had to pay another $300, rip off for something that is of no value just a money making scheme.

My OH hasn't done a points test either, like u said it's at your discretion, we thought the same you have to up load everything to prove your work experience, time in employment etc etc anyway, my hubby submitted his 489 on the 6th march 2013 so just waiting for a CO, hope we get a nice 1 soon......Good Luck!

Hi,

This thread's been very quiet for some time. Any visa grands or progress recently. I've applied for 489 on 31 st Jan and acknowledged the receipt by DIAC. Medicals and police checks were already front loaded. No CO assigned or no communication yet. Anybody facing a similar scenario.

Pl share.

OH applied on the 6th March2013 for is 489 SS SA, just waiting for CO so we can do Meds etc......I just hope it's not too long...xx

Hello,

we received SA state sponsorship and invited to apply for a 489 visa on 8 March. Our Visa application went in on 19 March, just a waiting game now. Hopefully not long to wait, fingers crossed ! Good luck to all those starting or nearing the end of the visa process.

Guest guest71715

Ive found this thread really helpful as 489 is our only option thats what we will be applying for as soon as TRA approval is granted. TRA submitted 22 feb 2013 cant wait to get past this stage so we can submit an EOI. We are hoping to be in perth within a six month period as our son turns 18 at end of august. Am i being realistic in this timescale?

IELTS JUNE 2012 6.5 ACROSS THE BOARD RE SAT OCT 2012 7.00 ACROSS THE BOARD RE SAT MARCH 2013 7.50 ACROSS THE BOARD

AQF 111 PASSED OCT 2012

TRA APPLIED FOR FEB 2013

Edited by guest71715

Hello,

we received WA state sponsorship and invited to apply for a 489 visa on 11 March 2013. Our Visa application went in on 14 March 2013, just a waiting now. Hopefully not long to wait, fingers crossed ! Good luck to all those starting or nearing the end of the visa process..............