State sponsored 489 visa timeline

dibongo

Yes mate, first thing on the Monday morning,

Dear Sir/Madam

This email is to inform you that we have received your agreement and confirmed state sponsorship on your behalf by nominating your EOI E00000XXXXX in Skill Select. DIAC will now invite you to apply for the visa.

Yours sincerely,

Skilled Migration

Department of Training and Workforce Development

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say though I didn't get any automated response when I sent it in, and they may be quite a bit busier now so it may take them a little bit longer , but it can't do any harm to resend.

All I did was hit reply to this email on my browser rather than copy the address as first time I copied it there was an error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Dibongo,

Thanks mate. u r very helpful. I spoke to Agent , he said that he has associated the group of EOI's to his Agent ID and he checks the status from there for all the applicants or he gets an email. I followed the link provided by u and then clicked on forget password to change the password but again there is a problem. it told me that link has been sent on email ID and that is of Agent. He(Agent) said it will change the password for whole the group. In nutshell he is not providing me access to the portal. It has been 5 weeks of the lodging of the application and Visa officer is still not allocated. Any news if anybody got it allocated?? Dibongo, one more thing I got an acknowledgement in which DIAC mentioned "Date of Visa application" as 19th september, but I made payment on 1st september. I am unable to understand all this. Can please provide any email id or something where can i contact DIAC. I visited few links but in all there were predefined options and auto-generated questions so i didnt get any clarification on the matter from DIAC. I am really worried.

Hi newdeep, sorry I didn't get back earlier , on nights at the moment.

I haven't been allocated yet but hope to by Monday, will post as soon as I do. As regards your agent I don't really know how to help you with that, maybe you could send a message to Alan collet on this forum, he is from go Matilda and dealt with my wife's skills assessment ,he is very helpful and knows his stuff. He may be able to confirm what your agent is telling you , or he may tell you he is messing you around. As far as allocation goes its saying on the DIAC site 5 weeks but that is due to be updated on Monday I think. My advice

Good things come to those who wait.....

And there is a hell of a lot of waiting in this game......

Dibongo, Team is not mention the email. It was a simple containing file number, application ID, TRN etc stuff. Even I was thinking the same that allocation table may be updated in a day or so. Let's see what happens. But just worried bcoz of Agent's behavior. Last time I applied state sponsorship last year. At that time South Australia was needing hard copies of documents and my application got expired and even i was not informed about it. I used to check the status on portal but it was showing under processing. After fighting with the situation for 7 months I got a contact email of SA support and sent an email that why my application is taking so long then they informed me that your application is expired because hard copies of the documents are not received. This kind of responsibility my Agent carries. I am worried that scenario should not be repeated since i am not directly involved in any kind of communication with DIAC and get email information through Agent.

Anyways, thanks for help. will contact Alan Collet, hope to get suggestion from Alan.

Dibongo, when we pay the visa charges, DO DIAC consider our application lodged from that date or there is a separate button when they receive it and then they start considering that application has been lodged. I mean after submitting the application are we allowed to upload the documents?

After how many days of payment u received the IMMI acknowledgement of valid application?? did you get any such kind of subject of any email from DIAC??

if yes then there must be an .pdf attachment along with the email, describing everything in document like TRN,Application ID etc. Did they include dependent applicant(or spouse) in that document. because I ma primary application and added my husband as secondary, but in my PDF document my Husband details are not mentioned in email. is it normal??

Hi newdeep, i got an email with 'Acknowledgement Valid Application Received' PDF which only stated my wife's name, i also got a 'visa application summary' PDF with both our names and i also got 2xPDF medical details (1 for each of us) and a client service charter PDF. I was sent all of these in one email on 7 Sept, I lodged and paid on 3 Sept and on the first PDF it states visa lodged 3 sept. I could upload docs immediately after completing my application and my status has shown as IN PROGRESS since 4th Sept. When i completed the application on the 3rd Sept i received an email with my TRN number. Hope this answers everything and best of luck, I hope you get sorted,

cheers

Yes Dibongo, My query is resolved as of now. Thanks for help.I think I am running behind the schedule. I received only 2 emails yet, one is Payment receipt which I received same day when i made the payment on 1st September and second one is 'Acknowledgement Valid Application Received' nothing after that , though i lodged application on 1st September.No medical request, no visa summary. both the emails were with single attachment as described. Lets wait and watch, what happens next.

One more thing- I couldnt interpret your post number #74, in which you said that "booked for 3rd December"....Did u booked the tickets or something else?? m sorry if it something personal....:-(

Case officer allocated this morning:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!!!!!

requested further documentation

passport photo for each of us

police certs for us both( couldn't have uploaded correctly)

and 5 years proof of income in the form of bank statements , P60s and I also sent wage slips.

Been a very busy morning scanning that lot , but hopefully it will be worth it!

Good job I'm on nightshirt this week , but not looking forward to 5pm and going back to work!

I know what you mean, my OH re-sat hers and got marked down half a point again in a different module ! We sent of for a re-mark and that only came back last week with no change , so in the end we didn't need the IELTS , £300 down the drain.

If you have the time It would be worth at least trying for more points so good luck hope it works out for you both.

Edited by dibongo

It has been more than 5 weeks of my visa application lodge but still visa officer is not allocated. I tried to contact DIAC using +61 1300 364 613 but no success as i got information from some other blogs that this number does not work from overseas. can anyone help me in that case?

Hi Dibongo, I know you haven't quite got your visa yet, but do you know if all family members have to go to verify the visa or can just the main applicant go first, then we can follow later? We have just got a successful skills assessment and are just waiting on the official letter, so we can them submit the EOI and apply for WA SS.

Thanks in advance

Hi taylors4, as far as I'm aware the main visa holder has to get verified first and then everyone else, so as long as its within the allotted time frame (1 year from the meds or Police checks) then you shouldn't have any problems. A mate of mine is in bunbury and his wife and kids followed him out 6 months later

( not on a 489 though )hope this helps a bit , cheers dibongo.

Thanks Dibongo. It worked but they hold it for long, might be because of lot many calls at a time, so couldn't speak to an executive after waiting for 15 mins I disconnected the call and decided to try luck early morning and hope for success.

U were right.it is totally messed up..I was informed that application lodged on 1st September even i made the payment same day and i got the payment receipt. On the other hand, i got acknowledgement email after 21 days and specified that my application date is 19th September when i put any email to skiled immigration no response as of now. when i speak to Agent he says that it a clerical mistake(regarding date change in receipt)....when i look into allocation table it is not updated yet as it was supposed to be fortnightly. Really feeling frustrated helpless...It happens to me every time. it has been 2 years to start initial process and till now i didn't get it. feeling like hell.....helpless...:-(:dull:

Hi taylors4, as far as I'm aware the main visa holder has to get verified first and then everyone else, so as long as its within the allotted time frame (1 year from the meds or Police checks) then you shouldn't have any problems. A mate of mine is in bunbury and his wife and kids followed him out 6 months later

( not on a 489 though )hope this helps a bit , cheers dibongo.

Thanks for that, will be watching your progress closely!! Good luck and hope you get it soon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dibongo we have just sent off our diac application this morning so will be interested to see how your getting on. We are also going to perth on a 489. Have you any idea where your going to live to meet the requirements of living in a designated region. Or are you just gonna get there first.

Hi wetwit,

welcome to PIO, we are hoping to settle in mandurah , it's south of perth and on the transperth system so we can get NOR to the wife's parents fairly easily. We will live with them first until we get work and a house sorted. The wife is a hairdresser so hope to get her sorted ASAP , what about you? Any plans?

Hi wetwit,

welcome to PIO, we are hoping to settle in mandurah , it's south of perth and on the transperth system so we can get NOR to the wife's parents fairly easily. We will live with them first until we get work and a house sorted. The wife is a hairdresser so hope to get her sorted ASAP , what about you? Any plans?

Hi Dibongo,

We are planning for Adelaide .If someone don’t have any relative in Australia then do you know any other economic option like hostel/govt. guest house etc…

Also, case officer allocated and I am with team 2. We are done through the medical examination but didn't receive any reports in hand form doctors. As we were recommended that Panel doctors will upload reports directly to the DIAC health portal.

After how many days can we get the result for Medical examination reports acceptance? Any idea?