State sponsored 489 visa timeline

dibongo

Hi Dibongo,

I am sorry for the confusing question.

Let me explain, I've received the invitation and I lodged my Visa application and uploaded the documents except PCC and Medical on 1st september. When I was comparing the dates so its all similar to you. I was worried that may be I skipped something by mistake thats why I didn't get request for medical. I am wondering if I need to wait till I get the request or should I submit any other document/email before that? How will I get information regarding medical request??

Thanks,

Deep

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dibongo,

I am sorry for bit confusing question. I received invitation and lodged visa application on 1 st september,2012 and uploaded all the documents but still i didn't get request for Medical. did u get any email that your application is valid and accepted???how will DIAC inform me??will I get an email request to submit Medical??? I am worried...usually how much time it takes to get visa after submitting the medical, in case of 489 visa category?? any idea??

Regards,

Deep

Hello deep, yes I submitted my application on Monday the third of sept, and recieved a letter of acknowledgment , valid visa application, visa summary and medical id's on Friday the seventh.

My status is in progress and all forms that I've uploaded are marked RECIEVED.I have no idea how long it will take to get my visa but DIAC guidelines say it will be three to six months.

My skillselect page also is frozen and it's status is LODGED.

Hope this helps you a bit , but maybe you should wait a few more days before calling them.

Can I also politely ask you to stop double posting/putting 2/3 word posts and remove such posts from this timeline.

we are in different time zones so I won't reply any quicker if you bump the post after a couple of minutes.

Hope everything works out for you

cheers dibongo

Hi Dibongo...

Many thanks. Actually I was new to the thread so when i post i was not able to see it in thread, I thought may be it didn't saved so I posted again. Anyways I am removing all the duplicate or irrelevant posts.Yes I understand the timezone difference.

:-)

Dibongo, why did you say that the processing times is between 3 and 6 months. Are you from a high risk country?

Because the processing time is indeed 6 months max. But I never heard of the lower threahold of 3 months.

For our 489 visa there was also a guideline of 6 months, but it only took a day.

dibongo as I see you submited your application to TRA and it took almost a year for a possitive result?I find it hard to believe although I was more or less optimistic about it.traceyandedd did you go through TRA or vetasses ?( your Hubby I mean).I am a plumber too and just waiting for TRA ,since 2 Aug to be presice.

Hi I am a hairdresser and took me a year and 9 months to get a successful TRA app ! 3 applications in total and lots of waiting because of TRA's backlog !

Hi , new deep , I got a support officer after a week and med details with the same email. I don't have a case officer yet though I expect to have one by the end off next week( 5 weeks after submitting , as per latest DIAC allocation guidelines) Have you uploaded any docs yet , and what does your status say , mine is IN PROGRESS. You can see it top right on the visa page. Hope this helps a bit....

Hi Dibongo,

Actually I am not handling it directly, its through an agent, he is managing all the things. I've already provided him the documents and he is supposed to upload those. I don't have access to the portal and when i asked him then he said that there is no portal available to check the status and he gets the information updates through email. I am not sure what to do....I searched on Immigration sites where you can put your TRN and check the status but that is temporarily out of services. can u please guide me what to do?how to check the status?? any link if u have???

He's messing you around mate, tell him you want your TRN Number and password immediately , EVERYTHING is done online with this Visa and you check you status and docs in the online portal. My advice contact DIAC if you have no joy with your agent. Good luck hope yo get it sorted.

Not sure on that one myself, however I would think as its a four year visa and you have to live regional for two years, then I makes sense that you would have Two years, but maybe not, I will know better when I get my visa through, or you could maybe pm FOL , he already has got his 489 and may know a bit more and he is very helpful.