Opportunities for electrician mate/improver or general labourer or any sort of work

Guest jn100

Hi

In the UK i work as an electrician mate/improver (im not a fully qualified sparky in the UK as i have not completed NVQ 3, but i do have C&G pt's 1 and 2). Anyhow qualifications aside i have about 14 years experience and know what im doing on simple lighting/power circuitry and im also very good at metal conduit bending ect).

Does anyone know what my chances are of finding temporary sparky work (working supervised) if i come out to Australia on a working/holiday type visa? Can someone with my qualifications still do a Vetasses type course for minors.

Im not entirely relying on electrical work; would it be relatively easy to find work as a general labourer of any description or are most of the jobs out there for skilled (qualified) workers. Im not intending to emmigrate, just want to stay for 3 months or a year (dip my toe in the water) while doing some work along the way. Thanks for any advice

Hey yes thanks for the link, will have to ask in the electricans thread aswell. And Verystormy, no im 35, would like cause a problem with visa's

There is a 30 years cut off for a working holiday visa I'm afraid, so it appears you are too old to apply for that one now.

Is there any other type of visa i could apply for ?

Guest guest71686

If I'm honest probably theres not a visa i'm aware of. The WHV is the easiest few questions asked way to live here for a year or two but as already stated once your 31st birthday has passed you cannot apply. Most other visas require either employer sponsorship or an occupation on the skills shortage or family ties with oz

Archived