pswebb38

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Suzie,

Got a mail back from my agent, "No, we haven’t had any invitations yet Kevin but, we were warned that they are, for the first month, inviting less people so that they can work out the new system. I have been keeping an eye on the SkillSelect website to see if they have published any information but nothing as yet. ".

So it seems as we thought, just testing the new system before they up the numbers.

Kev

Hi Kev,

I got a call from my agent yday! Finally got the long awaited invite!!! Agent's currently struggling to lodge the visa due to system bugs :S But I'm just relieved to have it! Urs should be on its way otherwise it may be time to investigate the delay...

Suz

Hi Kev,

I got a call from my agent yday! Finally got the long awaited invite!!! Agent's currently struggling to lodge the visa due to system bugs :S But I'm just relieved to have it! Urs should be on its way otherwise it may be time to investigate the delay...

Suz

Been trying to get on SkillSelect all morning, its down due to system maintenance.

Good Luck.

Hi Kev,

Suz

Congrats Suzie, I will give them to Monday then start chasing, hopefully I get a phone call today or Monday :)

It took me quite a while to submit our visa on Tuesday night, but not as long as uploading all our documents- 5 hours!

For anyone submitting their own visa application, hit the 'save' button on each page before proceeding to the next one as the system sometimes times out on you.

Hi Kev,

Suz

Congratulations suziew, welcome to the club!

Guest Erwinson

Hi, I'm new here. I'm also waiting for an invitation to be sent to us but haven't got any yet.

My agent has applied my skillselect with 189 and 190 options. If I will got to 190 options only, do we have to get the state sponsorship on our own or DIAC will be the one to get that for us? My agent has told me that DIAC will do that. But as per the thread here, you applied for state sponsorship first before you submitted your EOI.

Do I still have to achieve at least 7 on IELTS modules? We submitted the EOI having a lowest mark of 6.5 for speaking.

I hope you guys can help me on this.

Hi, I'm new here. I'm also waiting for an invitation to be sent to us but haven't got any yet.

My agent has applied my skillselect with 189 and 190 options. If I will got to 190 options only, do we have to get the state sponsorship on our own or DIAC will be the one to get that for us? My agent has told me that DIAC will do that. But as per the thread here, you applied for state sponsorship first before you submitted your EOI.

Do I still have to achieve at least 7 on IELTS modules? We submitted the EOI having a lowest mark of 6.5 for speaking.

Which state are you interested in - WA and SA you apply direct after you have lodged your EOI.

Lebourvellec;

What do you mean by this? Cause I'll be looking to apply for SA SS.

[h=2]How do I apply for state nomination?[/h] From 1 July 2012 the state nomination process is as follows:

1. Lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect; select “South Australia” only and the relevant visa subclass (190 or 489).

2. Immediately after lodging your EOI, you should submit an online application for state nomination through the Immigration SA website. You must enter your EOI reference number into the state nomination application form.

3. Your state nomination application is then processed by Immigration SA.

4. If your application is approved you will be nominated by Immigration SA through the SkillSelect system.

5. Approved applicants nominated by Immigration SA in SkillSelect are invited by DIAC to lodge a General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa application.https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/faq

how will an applicant know if he/she has been invited to lodge a visa?

It says so in the "correspondence tab" when you login on skillselect and you get an automatic mail. At least that is what happened with us after getting atate sponsorship :)

Guest Erwinson

I am still not certain which state is better between WA and SA. Anyone here can help me so that i'll have an idea which one to select. I've have checked both and my assessed occupation is available on both states.

Guest Erwinson
Which state are you interested in - WA and SA you apply direct after you have lodged your EOI.

Is it possible to apply SS on both WA and SA using the same EOI.