Spiders in Perth?!

GM89

We have just moved to Victoria and I have the same worry as well, I hate spiders!!! Just don't search anything on YouTube cos it could put you off!! You need to be aware of Redbacks and White tailed spiders but I have seen any yet. We did have a baby huntsman on our garage door but that's it so far after 2 months of being here. Best to get experiences of locals, most will probably say they have only ever had one or two Huntsmans in their house ever, and they like to be on walls or ceilings. I have heard that Huntsman can flatten and fit thru hair line cracks!! There are sprays and bug bombs that can get kill them and also spraying your house can help keep them away. After 2 months I far more relaxed and don't think of them as much.....until I see one!!

We're a bit slack with the mortein bombs etc would probably see less if we were on it a bit more...what do you do when you see a spider then if you dont trap it?

No I leave them. I can only remember seeing a huntsman in the hallway downstairs this year and I just leave them as I'm sure they move around freely between the outside/inside anyway and they do not harm - too bloody fast to catch anyway :) - might have to move it on a bit if it was on the bedroom wall above the pillow but haven't seen that for years luckily :biggrin:

I understand others having to move them, but having grown up with it you just don't even think about them as you have spent decades with them doing you no harm. It doesn't really enter my head to bother really....moving them seems a lot harder and I would probably get bitten interfering with them :)

I would move a redback but have never found one of them inside...

Guest guest17301

Oh no, couldnt leave one...have in the past had to seal off a room because one moved too quick for me and hid, had to wait for OH to come home and deal with the 'situation'

Archived