11th August - not long now

Katiem

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW that was quick, would you mind sharing your timeline with us?

why did your CO contact you?

this is exciting I hope everybody gets their COs and grants soon

The CO contcted me, because we had a question about our medicals which we frontloaded.

He also asked how we got to our 60 points that we claimed in our EOI.

Timeline:

EOI application: july 1st

SS application: july 2nd

SS aproved: don't know... Somewhere arous July 24th

visa application: august 13th (all documents uploaded)

PCC and medicals frontloaded

Support officer: August 27th

case officer: August 29th

Visa grant: August 29th

Does the grant letter say anything about the next step? i.e. should we send our passports to the nearest Australian Embassy so they can stick the visa label on? or it is an electronic visa and we are ready to fly?

what about airline companies? I guess they need to physically check a valid visa on our passports in order to let us board their jets!

FOL, Congratulations!!!! When are you heading to Aus? Good luck.

Probably on November the 26th that we will fly. Less than three months, actually getting a bit scary now lol.

Omarau: With a visa grant you can login to VeVo (visa entitlement verification online) to check your visa details. Some countries require a label in your passport according to the document you receive from your case officer.

The CO contcted me, because we had a question about our medicals which we frontloaded.

Timeline:

whats the role of the support officer vs case officer.

Congrats btw!!

whats the role of the support officer vs case officer.

Congrats btw!!

I guess support officer is who puts everything together for the convince of the Case Officer. The support officer also is the one who sent me the health examinations list,

Timeline:

Did you have to submit a form 80?

No, the doctor uploaded all the medical stuff through ehealth and we didn't do anything else regarding our health condition. We only made the appointment and let him do all the things he needed to do.

Bubbe: exactly!

Hi People! I received my invite for a Skilled Nominated 190 [Victoria] on August 14th and ever since I haven't been able to submit my saved application! :(

The problem is that I get see an error message "The system is currently unavailable." when I click on 'Next' in the last page of the application [step 17 / 17].

I raised an query with SkillSelect Technical Support site as well as lodged a complaint with DIAC but haven't received a response yet. I have about 45 days to go before my Invite expires! Hope they fix the issues by then! Any one else facing this issue?

Hi ra2cool,

Can I ask what computer operating system you are using? I had the same problem as you at first when I was trying on my laptop but had a go on my work laptop just to see if it would be any different and managed to complete the application without any problems (uploading docs was a whole different story though!) My work laptop has recently been upgraded to Windows 7 and the most up to date Windows Explorer whilst my personal laptop is a few years old so rather dated.

I would suggest trying another computer if you can or downloading the latest web browser to see if it makes any difference?

I could be wrong, but worth a try :smile:

Hi ra2cool,

Can I ask what computer operating system you are using? I had the same problem as you at first when I was trying on my laptop but had a go on my work laptop just to see if it would be any different and managed to complete the application without any problems (uploading docs was a whole different story though!) My work laptop has recently been upgraded to Windows 7 and the most up to date Windows Explorer whilst my personal laptop is a few years old so rather dated.

I would suggest trying another computer if you can or downloading the latest web browser to see if it makes any difference?

I could be wrong, but worth a try :smile:

Hi Katie!

Thank you so much for the note. I have been trying from my work laptop all the while and that has Windows XP with IE 8 and the latest Firefox browser. I am yet to try with Chrome though.

I have been trying today on a different laptop with Windows 7 and the latest IE 9 browser but sadly, I see an error in step 4 / 17 itself! I reckon thats because their servers are down. I will try my luck again later and see if it takes me to the Credit Card details page. Thanks again for your help!

Hi Katie!

Thank you so much for the note. I have been trying from my work laptop all the while and that has Windows XP with IE 8 and the latest Firefox browser. I am yet to try with Chrome though.

I have been trying today on a different laptop with Windows 7 and the latest IE 9 browser but sadly, I see an error in step 4 / 17 itself! I reckon thats because their servers are down. I will try my luck again later and see if it takes me to the Credit Card details page. Thanks again for your help!

The DIAC server is the problem not your browser. Keeping trying again and again and hopefully you will get to the payment page eventually. If you can not upload your documents, contact the help line and ask for the option to send your papers to them by emails. Our CO had a hard time to access our papers therefore he asked us to send some by emails. Good luck with your application