Do I need to undergo for Medicals for Permanant residence Application?

GUDLUK

Hi everyone,

I know every applicant has to undergo for a Medical Examination for their Health Assessment. But If someone has done Medicals for their Subclass 475 OR 487 Visa and got their visa. Do they have to redo Medicals for their Subclass 176/886 Visa Application?

Anyone with previous experience with such situation is welcome.

Guest wairoa

475 is a temporary visa. Before getting a permanent visa you should be required another medica unless the old one is still valid and was comprehensive enough. More things are tested for the permanent visa, eg blood test.

You will require medicals for 489 visa -(new subclass of old 475 & 489) As this is a provisional visa, once you apply for 887, you dont need to redo medicals but will have to redo Police Checks. If they applied for 190/189, yes - the would have to redo medicals.

Please see skillselect - as the visa subclassess you mention are no longer available since 1 July.

Hi I have found following info on DIAC website. I have highlighted relevant info with Blue text below. Could someone please have look at it and advise me If I qualify for Re-Use of Medicals. I am onshore on Subclass 487 visa and awaiting result for Subclass 886 Visa. Do I need medicals for my Subclass 886 Visa Application?

Re-use of health examination results

In some circumstances you may be able to re-use the health examination reports or health clearance you used for your current visa to demonstrate that you meet the health requirement for a new visa application. However visa processing officers may still ask you to undergo new health examinations if they consider it appropriate.

The following table shows circumstances where health examination reports and clearances may be reused.

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Situation[/TH]

[TH]When Re-use is Available[/TH]

[TH]When Re-use is not Available[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]You are a current temporary visa holder applying for a new temporary visa and your stay in Australia is not being extended.

Example: You are a Student visa holder applying for a different Student visa for the same period of stay in Australia.[/TD]

[TD]

• No additional health examinations are required.
  • The original clearance is still valid.

[/TD]

[TD]

• Possible deception is discovered by the department in relation to your previous health examinations.
  • Your health has significantly deteriorated since the original health clearance (excluding pregnancy).
  • You have not complied with a Health Undertaking.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]You are a current temporary visa holder applying for a new temporary visa and your stay in Australia is being extended.

Example: You are a Visitor visa holder applying for a Student visa that will extend your intended period of stay in Australia.[/TD]

[TD]

• No additional health examinations are required.
  • The original clearance is still valid and it was locally cleared.*

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]You are a current temporary visa holder applying for a permanent visa and have completed your health examination for a permanent visa as part of your temporary visa application.

Example: You are a subclass 457 visa holder, and you have completed your permanent health examination for your 457 application and you have now applied for a permanent skilled visa.[/TD]

[TD]

• The original clearance is still valid.

• The original clearance was cleared to a permanent standard. that is, you completed all the required health examinations for a permanent period of stay in Australia).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]You are a current provisional visa holder applying for a permanent visa and you have completed your health examination for a permanent visa as part of your provisional visa application.

Example: You are a Business Skills visa holder, at the ‘second stage’ of processing and you have now applied for your permanent visa.[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]You are a current temporary visa holder applying for a new temporary visa

Example: You are a Visitor visa holder who has completed a chest x-ray (form 160) and you are applying for a Student visa for which you are required to have completed both a chest x-ray (form 160) and a medical (form 26).[/TD]

[TD]

• The previous health examination reports are still valid and they were locally cleared.*
  • You complete the additional health examinations required for your new visa application.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

* A local clearance is a decision made by your visa processing officer that you met the health requirement and your case was not referred to a MOC.

Ref:http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/assessment-health-exam-results.htm

Example: You are a subclass 457 visa holder, and you have completed your permanent health examination for your 457 application and you have now applied for a permanent skilled visa.

I think the key here are the words permanent health examination. If your initially medical covered everything a PR medical covers then you should bevable to re-use it. The standard 457 medical doesn't cover certain PR medical tests (blood test was one mentioned earlier). So unless you specifically requested the whole PR meds last time when you got your temp/provisional visa I reckon they wouldn't let you re-use those results.

Thanks for your replay mate, I have done my medicals 2 - Times before and both of the times I went for Complete Medicals for Permanent Visa Application and did Chest Xray, Blood Test and Urine Test as well. I hope and pray I dont have to waste my money again on Unnecessary Medicals. I hope my CO will understand that my Medicals are already cleared for Permanent Visa:unsure:.

Example: You are a subclass 457 visa holder, and you have completed your permanent health examination for your 457 application and you have now applied for a permanent skilled visa.

I think the key here are the words permanent health examination. If your initially medical covered everything a PR medical covers then you should bevable to re-use it. The standard 457 medical doesn't cover certain PR medical tests (blood test was one mentioned earlier). So unless you specifically requested the whole PR meds last time when you got your temp/provisional visa I reckon they wouldn't let you re-use those results.

Edited by GUDLUK