309 Visa to 100 visa...is there anything we should be thinking about now?

lhigman

Hi everyone,

We are due to be granted the 309 spouse visa, hopefully very soon but it's got me thinking, I know the oz govt site state that the 100 perm visa will be granted after a two year waiting period from when the visa application was submitted but is there any evidence that we should be gathering as our relationship continues?

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on how the process works?

Many thanks

L :)

Guest GeorgeD

You are unlikely to need anything. I've just submitted my second stage application and all they ask for is:

Police Check for anywhere you have lived for more than 12 months since the last one (in my case that was just Oz)

My Stat Dec

My wife's Stat Dec

Contact details for 2 people who DIAC can contact if they require a further reference

Certified copies of any docs which have changed, so we sent a copy of my wife's new Oz passport as she ahs become a citizen since I was granted teh 309.

And that was it. I'm still waiting, been told 8-10 months processing time.

A guy in my office did his in October and he didn't need to provide any evidence either.

Guest GeorgeD

I would still hang on to paperwork in case they need it, but they haven't asked for anything from any recent applicants that I'm aware of. Depends on your situation of course...if you are living in different countries when the time comes then they might want a bit more proof, but most people won't be in unusal situations. Oz likes you to hang on to receipts and paperwork for a while anyway, but don't worry too much about it.

is there any evidence that we should be gathering as our relationship continues?

The documents requested for the second stage will vary from case to case but the short answer is yes.

When they process the Permanent side of the application you will need to show the relationship continues to be genuine and ongoing.