Australian houses second largest in the world.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Guest The Ropey HOFF
definitely colder down south..

NOOOOOO who would have thought that, maybe folk living Darn Sarf in the UK, think because it's 1% warmer Darn there, that it's the same in Oz, lol.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering all the space over there they should be the biggest.

I found they all actually live in quite small places, crammed into the centre, 4 houses on 1 block sort of thing and no gardens. To buy a big house in Oz you need to have more than a few million

Absolutely incorrect.

Yes they are bigger, we self built our house in the UK after being cramped into the typical developers shoe box twice before and that is around 164sq.m and worth just under £300k.

In Oz we can get over 200sq.m of space for less money except the garden will be about a 10th of the size here - great for the outdoor life !!

Oh and it will be at least 20years behind the building standards here in the UK..................but who cares it will be in Oz, nuff said !!

Try 50 years, we have better built tree houses in the uk. I cannot understand why the roofs and insulation are so poor in oz considering how cold and wet it gets.

Edited by Perthbum

Try 50 years, we have better built tree houses in the uk. I cannot understand why the roofs and insulation are so poor in oz considering how cold and wet it gets.

Urrm, still who cares .....................................it's AUSTRALIA !! :wink::cool:

Guest Shell15

so bitter PB...must be hard for you!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I went in dozens and dozens of fantastic state of the art, ultra modern massive, houses when i was in Australia, me thinks those that are complaining have bought a Doozer of a house, oh dear, how sad ..... never mind, lol

But ...... heres the good news ..... like Chardy says ....... at least your in Australia, lol

I went in dozens and dozens of fantastic state of the art, ultra modern massive, houses when i was in Australia, me thinks those that are complaining have bought a Doozer of a house, oh dear, how sad ..... never mind, lol

But ...... heres the good news ..... like Chardy says ....... at least your in Australia, lol

And they don't cost anywhere near what folks seem to think unless you are less than 10 mins from the CBD !

I think we both have the same glass half full outlook on life :notworthy:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
And they don't cost anywhere near what folks seem to think unless you are less than 10 mins from the CBD !

I think we both have the same glass half full outlook on life :notworthy:

They are only dear if your moving over from the near bankrupt UK, because of the exchange rate, bloody Australia is booming yer know, if they weren't and if the UK weren't also in a long recession, the exchange rate would be above $2 to £1 and you could get a house for $450,000 which would cost you £450,000 here in the Uk, incredible.,

Guest The Ropey HOFF
They are only dear if your moving over from the near bankrupt UK, because of the exchange rate, bloody Australia is booming yer know, if they weren't and if the UK weren't also in a long recession, the exchange rate would be above $2 to £1 and you could get a house for $450,000 which would cost you £450,000 here in the Uk, incredible.,

Thats a lot of if's hoff, lol

Ah well we can dream can't we, i like to dream i can still buy outright my big fantastic state of the art house in Australia, not far from the coast, great outdoor barbecue area, with a jacuzzi, huge living space, no mortgage like i could afford to before the financial crash here in the UK.

Who knows, hopefully the UK will pick up in the next couple of years or so and still let me acheive my dream.

that should read, Australia houses biggest in the world..

its a ratio thing, the average american is going to fill much more of his house just by standing in it.

Congratulations Australia, biggest (arguably leaky) houses in the world! :wink:

Oz has overtaken the USA in the fat stakes, ain't you heard.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Oz has overtaken the USA in the fat stakes, ain't you heard.

Its because they are better paid than people in any other country, they can afford it. :-)

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Not this again......

Its actually correct this time, blimey he does get it right once in a blue moon you know. lol

Its actually correct this time, blimey he does get it right once in a blue moon you know. lol

You sure?

2 weeks ago, according to PB, Oz men were 2nd in the World, Women 5th....

Overall they were 5th... behind the USA

Unless thats changed in 2 weeks?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I think a few of us Poms ought to get together, buy up a big lump of land by the beach and build our own big well insulated houses and save a packet !

Well insulated, they don't have it in Oz, plus the walls are paper thin thats why the houses don't withstand hurricanes over there, ....... OOOOPS they do survive hurricanes don't they? Must be built better than what we are led to believe, lol.

Well insulated, they don't have it in Oz, plus the walls are paper thin thats why the houses don't withstand hurricanes over there, ....... OOOOPS they do survive hurricanes don't they? Must be built better than what we are led to believe, lol.

You'll find out when you do your first winter here, but hey, crack on in the meantime, no skin off my nose. Just out of interest, these "dozens of fantastic houses", how much did you look into how they were actually built? Like, what mode of construction, what sort of insulation? Did you go in the loft and have a look?