Sunny Coast to Perth

Guest Sara & Tim

Guest Sara & Tim

Hi

Would like some feedback, thinking of moving from Sunshine Coast to Perth and was wondering has anyone made the move and how much it actually cost, thinking of Driving over with the children as a bit of an adventure. Also how different are the places to live I have visited Perth and was not acutually taken by the place itself but work on the sunny coast is unpredictable and after giving it a good go for 5 yrs am now really fed up with it here . I have also been looking at areas in Perth and prefered the Rockingham area rather than the nothern suburbs, north or south Perth pro and cons.

Any feedback would be greatful......

Guest Guest26012

Hi, we live NOR, not a planned thing but just where we settled! We have fab beaches NOR. Lots of new building going on! Friendly folks we are! We love Perth but that's just us, not everyone's cup of tea!

Hi Sara and Tim

We lived in Rockingham and loved it, we got moved to QLD with my husbands work. We settled on the Sunshine coast and it was ok but I struggled to get any work and the kids really missed their schools and friends. We moved back to Rockingham 3 weeks ago after 8 months away.

Cost, I went with Moving again, we only had 18 cubic M to move and their price was unbeatable. They were brilliant, nothing damaged and turned up on the correct dates.

Price was about 3,000

Car transport, went with Toll as they took the car over, cost was 1,700 for a Hyundai Getz.

Got cheapest flights on a deal and flew with Virgin.

We are living next door to where we lived before, which is a bit weird but it meant we could secure a rental before we arrived.

If you have any questions or need any help send me a PM

Sam :wubclub:

Guest Sara & Tim

Hi thanks for the email its cheaper than I thought, glad you have settled, can you advise if there are any good schools Catholic.....can I ask where on the coast you were and what work you do for a living, what is work like in Rockingham and any area's you can recommend...my sister lives in Ocean Reef which is nice but expensive, when I was more drawn to rockingham and Mandurah..

Hi

There are Catholic schools, Primary school would be Star of the Sea http://www.starofthesea.wa.edu.au/ and High school would be Kolbe http://www.kolbe.wa.edu.au/

Mine go to Rockingham Beach Primary which is a lovely school.

We were on Kawana Island not far from Caloundra and my past work is in Youth work but I have worked in retail and media, I tried to get anything on the Sunshine coast from sales to cleaning.

There does seem to be more work here advertised than on the Sunshine coast, I have not started applying yet so time will tell.

Rockingham is a lovely area, we are at Rockingham beach. I have friends that live in Baldivis that love it, Secret Harbour they love it.

There is lots to do here and although it is a bit cooler in the winter the summers are lovely and dry compared to the QLD humidity.

Hi All

Can I ask how long the commute is from Rockingham to Perth CBD?

I hear talk of good roads, fast trains and buses but just wanted to get some first hand experience.

My story is that I have just got WA state sponsorship (after 3.5 year wait) so at very early stages of planning. I am an IT Manager so would expect most jobs are in the technical business areas.