London 2012: Olympics

StevieF8

shud hud it in aberdeen , can aw park in ma garden

wouldnt be much of a spectical, youd be pushed to see anything through the fog!

can just see them holding the athletics and swimming in Duthie Park! and the shooting in Tillydrone!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's London-centric definitely...Atlanta 96 spread the events over an 80 mile diameter, there's no reason why they could have held some events in Birmingham or Manchester with our transport network, they need the investment and tourism money desperately, instead of a few photo opportunities and training bases. Still...I'll enjoy it all the same.

at least the football is being held in Old Trafford, Hampden Park and others

Well that was some show; it was spectacular from start to finish </SPAN>

Danny Boyle is a genius: The Red Arrows, Fireworks, British History, Culture, Music, Film…James Bond & The Queen jumping out of a helicopter, the way they lit the flame, it really did have it all</SPAN>

Well Done London!</SPAN>

Just watched a bit more, the olympic flame trick was cool. From the bits I saw, mainly the musical montage featuring the two 'teenagers', the whole show looked pretty awesome. This was our moment to shine, and we did it. Not a fan of Beckham but I liked the speedboat stunt, amazed at how Steve Redgrave bounded up the stairs holding the flame, glad he didnt stumble!

Hopefully this will inject some pride into some of whingers on here who bag the UK constantly.:biggrin:

C'MON TEAM GB!

Just watched a bit more, the olympic flame trick was cool. From the bits I saw, mainly the musical montage featuring the two 'teenagers', the whole show looked pretty awesome. This was our moment to shine, and we did it. Not a fan of Beckham but I liked the speedboat stunt, amazed at how Steve Redgrave bounded up the stairs holding the flame, glad he didnt stumble!

Hopefully this will inject some pride into some of whingers on here who bag the UK constantly.:biggrin:

C'MON TEAM GB!

Nahhh mate, some ave an agenda on here.

Incidentally, there were no ads on channel 9 for the entire 20 mins of the bit I was able to watch, there's a first!

There were no ads throughout (except for a short spell in the very middle) - I watched it from the start (and am now yawning a bit)

Great effort, loved most of it :)

I only caught the nhs dancers , giant beds , small children , monsters and an army of Mary poppins descending from the sky . I shall watch it all later on catchup tv . Can't wait to see her majesty and James bond . Stirring stuff .

Guest Dave53

WOW ... I've just seen the most incredible Olympic opening ceremony ever .. I know I'm slightly , well a lot really biased , but how could anyone not be absolutely bowled over by it . It had everything , from comedy to factual , to historical to literature , you name it , it had it .. Magnificent ... As Sebastian Coe said , today I feel the most British I have ever felt .. I'm so proud of the people and the organisation that put on such a fantastic display , we should all applaude them ...I'm still buzzing from it all , and if the opening ceremony is any indication of what is to come , we are in for a treat .. The best ever opening ?? .... Absolutely , without any shadow of a doubt !! t.gif..

Funnily enough wow is the word I would use as well. Feel quite proud and am wearing red white and blue today, even though I haven't lived in UK for 18 years. Loved the James Bond spoof with the Queen, what a trouper she is, and loved the lighting of the cauldron by the hopefully future Olympians, inspired.

Guest Guest66881

Mr Bean was there in the orchestra, looked impressed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15802[/ATTACH]:wink:

Nice fireworks display, loved the queen popping in on a parachute.

Guest guest17301

Its just a spectacle. Does anyone else think that its an obscene waste of money when the country is financially in the poo? Vital services are underfunded to the point of collapse...but at least we can put on a good show....nah......not for me:no:

I do wish the dedicated athletes of both the UK and Australia all the very best though.

Yes of course it's a spectacle, and yes probably a waste of money, but it was spectacular, and how would we all have felt if it had been a low budget disaster!!? Fingers crossed the UK doesn't end up out of pocket from the expense, and lets hope there is a chance that it will boost the economy, and lift morale, but then I am a glass half full person.

Guest lisa crowe

And to top off a fantastic do they wheel out Sir Paul, should of gone the whole hog and dusted off Sir Cliff :frown:

Edited by lisa crowe

Guest lisa crowe

Totally ruined the ending the jowly faced fecker.......I wanted Floyd or the Stones to do a turn....Oh well :sad:

Edited by lisa crowe