London 2012: Olympics

StevieF8

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Longdog

I was lucky enough to be at Dorney Lake today to see the Women pairs final. What an atmosphere when Team GB won the gold. Great to see the Aussie pair winning silver to boot. Absolutely amazing experience, loved every minute of it.
just seen the replay... the cheers sounded amazing, must have been an awesome atmosphere

Must admit the BBC is very biased, they have hardley shown anyone except for the Brits, you would not know Australia is even here.

Dont start in my thread....

BBC 1 will only put the events on with British interest or a major final

The BBC doesnt control the pictures, they come from Olympic Broadcasting Service, every single event has been shown on the Olympic Channels

So there has been coverage of every country, if they dont get to many finals they wont be on as much

SILVER medal for Team GB in the Men's 4's Rowing....:biggrin:

Team GB 10 Medals

Team Oz 9 Medals

cheated, if the officials had done their job it would have been gold, they are saying it was a miracle getting a silver from that poor lane.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
GOLD MEDALS FOR TEAM GB

Cycling Team 2 x Gold (Mens's Cycling - World Record Time!)

Victoria Pendleton :wubclub: :cute:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15913[/ATTACH]

Gold for the Womens Rowing Team & 2 Bronze

Bronze Womens Judo

Team GB 21 Medals

Team Oz 14 Medals

Its incredible how well they are doing, we watched them all win, we are watching Rebecca Adlington tonight and watching Women's footy at ten, GO TEAM GB.

The girl that won the bronze in judo was an inspiration.

The Judo girls all seem to have a story....................

The Brit today was ask for donations for a car to keep training

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183222/London-2012-Olympics-Judo-Karina-Bryant-wins-bronze-Team-GB.html

The Brit yesterday, who won Judo Silver, her mother died of cancer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182661/Olympics-2012-Judo-Gemma-Gibbons-lost-mother-cancer-breaks-tears-wins-place-final.html

The American that beat her to get Gold, was abused by her coach

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182760/2012-Olympics-Kayla-Harrison-overcomes-years-sexual-abuse-ex-coach-win-judo-gold-Team-US.html

A first for me, watching someone I know win Olympic gold - Sophie Hosking, in the lightweight double sculls. I did business with her uncle's company a couple of years back, Sophie "works" for them (ie they pay her a salary, she does about 2 months work for the company and trains the rest of the time)

Had the pleasure of a couple of days out at Henley and Cowes on her uncle and met her at both those events. Fantastic performance, they were in the top 3 or 4 worldwide but not expected to win gold - just hit form at exactly the right time

Made up. Think I shall have (another) drink

:biggrin: