ENS 186, applied for one, got one, want one?

family of five

Hi VictoriaP, thank you for your reply!

I did not hear anything yet but will post here as soon as there are any news. Looks like the new (more efficient) system taking 4 times longer than the old one:) Anyone else applied or heard anything back?

• 4 weeks later...

About a month ago had a letter saying that case officer has been assigned but no details of CO in the letter... They are planning to change (maybe already changed) to a new system again as current is not working... The waiting time is a disgrace as even by modest calculations each CO makes profit for the government of over $1m a year- talking about good business model ;) All this effort and money and you probably will get processed quicker if you arrive on one of those boats!!! My 5 cents for today :P

• 2 months later...
Still no news! No C/O, no contact at all. Online system still says 'application received'

Applied 186 from 457 trans - 28 Aug 2012, DRC, Parramatta

So frustrating as I've seen October applicants approved already - the system is crazy!!

Hi VictoriaP,

Has your MA followed up with DIAC so they know your application is DRC??

I understand that the system (prior to Nov I believe) was not recognising DRC applications and therefore not prioritising them over Non-DRC.

A poster on another forum was approved a couple of weeks ago, that was a DRC app to Parramatta on 8 Aug....

We're still waiting on nom approval, lodged Aug 3rd but Non-DRC.

I really hope it's not too much longer for you.

Still no news! No C/O, no contact at all. Online system still says 'application received'

Applied 186 from 457 trans - 28 Aug 2012, DRC, Parramatta

So frustrating as I've seen October applicants approved already - the system is crazy!!

Have you got anything complicated about your case at all? I wouldn't be too worried about a CO not contacting you, the first we heard from our CO was the email to tell us our visa had been granted.

Also, the online system 'application received' never changed for us either. So I wouldn't necessarily pay too much attention to that.

Ours was granted through Parramatta middle of January, so the centre is processing...

No, there is nothing different about our application from when our 457 was approved nearly 3 years ago - same company, same role, all meds straight forward as well as police checks, it couldn't be simpler. Our MA contact DIAC to flag our application DR back in November. I can't tell you how frustrated we are with it all. Arrrgh!!! And it's about time they updated the processing times on the immigration website - 18 days for DRC, what a joke!