ENS 186, applied for one, got one, want one?

family of five

Hi Family of Five

Our employer has just put in our nomination earlier this week after getting the go ahead from DIAC that they are ready to accept them. We've been advised that the changes mean it can be quite a quick process, especially since we fall into the exempt categories for some bits, so have less to do.

Our ACRO certs have been sent for, and we have our meds on Monday as we have been advised that we will be required to preload all documents for an onshore application.

Hope this helps.

TP

Edited by Tickled Pink

thanks all,

I was just wondering as an agent said the new ENS 186 were going to take a long time to process and so better off getting a 457 then PR later. Dont want to do this as already spent money on skills accessment and TRA. I know its only been a few weeks but heard from someone else who had put in appication before the July deadline that they did not have a CO as they were already looking at appilcations since 01.07.12 and that this route would be quicker.

Hopefully if we get application in the next few weeks and then submit all our stuff wont take too long.

if anyone gets more info on time scales will you post?

Many thanks

Tina x

Hi Family of Five

Our employer has just put in our nomination earlier this week after getting the go ahead from DIAC that they are ready to accept them. We've been advised that the changes mean it can be quite a quick process, especially since we fall into the exempt categories for some bits, so have less to do.

Our ACRO certs have been sent for, and we have our meds on Monday as we have been advised that we will be required to reload all documents for an onshore application.

Hope this helps.

TP

Hi TP,

We're in a similar situation to you. My OH's employers will be lodging the nomination this week and we hope to submit our application as soon as we have the TRN. We already have our police checks and did the medicals a couple of weeks back. Fingers crossed you're right and they are processed quickly!!

Good luck and keep us updated!

Hi Guys,

MA told us today that our 457 to 186 (new ENS visa) will take 2/4 months once we lodge. We are just waiting for our Australian police checks but they and general visa processing, is taking longer than usual due to an increase in applications - probably due to the LAFHA ending in my opinion.

We are applying at Parramatta, decision ready.

Hi Guys,

MA told us today that our 457 to 186 (new ENS visa) will take 2/4 months once we lodge. We are just waiting for our Australian police checks but they and general visa processing, is taking longer than usual due to an increase in applications - probably due to the LAFHA ending in my opinion.

We are applying at Parramatta, decision ready.

Hi VictoriaP,

Thanks for the info. We'll be applying to Parramatta also but non-drc. We're doing the application ourselves and the quote for decision ready was just too much in our opinion just to speed the process up. Hopefully it'll be approved this year!!

Edited by LisaIan

• 2 weeks later...

I applied on 5th July.

Uploaded all docs by mid July.

Medicals were done prior to lodging, and have the sealed envelopes on my desk - apparently IMMI are ok about this, but as its been awhile without hearing from a case officer, ill be ringing to find out whats going on.

The online system was full of bugs when I have been using it and in dire need of being improved.

Still, it has done the job.

If you look at the posts ive made in last few months, ull find some of my problems.

• 1 month later...
Hey Jakc and others, how is the process going?

Hi all,

Timelines for our ENS Temp residence transition stream as follows :

Nomination lodged 16 July 2012 - Approved 31 July 2012

Application lodged 20 July 2012 Decision Ready with nomination TRN number - Visa Approved on

12 September 2012.

8 weeks from lodgement to approval.

Best Regards

8 weeks from lodgement to approval.

Congratulations Baz!

Nomination lodged 16 July 2012 - Approved 31 July 2012

Application lodged 20 July 2012 Decision Ready with nomination TRN number - Visa Approved on 12 September 2012.

Mate so I understand this right :

--You had the employer lodge the nomination with IMMI

--Received TRN # for employer nomination

--Lodged Visa application using nomination TRN#

Was the gap between nomination and visa application intentional or just because things weren't ready yet?

cheers!

there wasn't a gap really was there? 4 days between nom app & visa app- I think they can be done at the same time (?) but this is pretty quick ! :biggrin:

Correct, was good turnaround though!

Edited by Baz2005

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

I got similar situation and my employer subimitted nom at 29th, Aug. but got nothing back yet. Check through online ssytem, shown" application received"

I collected all info req'd for visa application but medical report that is coming this week.

not sure if I should go ahead with submitting my visa application or not.

any one can help me?

bigjohn

Timeline for our ENS 186 Temporary Residence Transition Stream:

Employer nomination lodged on 16 Aug

Submitted application online and paid for visa fee on 26 Aug

Approval of Employer nomination received on 12 Sep

Status: "Application Received" since 26 Aug and has not progress. Still waiting for Acknowledgemnt Email/Letter.

Contacted DIAC by phone (131881) and advised us to wait due to online issues. Sent email as well to CoE and still waiting for reply.

Guest victoria321

Hello we will be applying on-line for a 186 visa and wondered if anyone could help me We have been in Brisbane for nearly 4 years and haven't left Australia in this time we have UK police checks from 2 years ago will we have to get updated police checks and also will our Australian police checks which we did in March 2012 still be valid or should we apply for new ones thank you for anyone that can help I just want to have all information ready to upload at once thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Baz2005, please can you clarify which office did you lodge your application at? Lodged mine at Paramatta (Sydney) 21st July but did not receive anything back yet... Lawers advised today that it is now taking up to 12 weeks for decision ready applications. Thanks!