Childcare centre manager now need a degree????????

Guest kellyx6

Guest kellyx6

Hi, eveytime i seem to get close to doing skills test somethng changes. My agent was fine with me having NNEB diploma and experience in a large nursery and holiday club setting. My IELTS should be next week but my agent now tells me that NNEB is no longer good enough and you now need a bachelor degree!!!!!!:arghh: NNEB diploma is a 2 year full time course that the skills test asks for, confused!!

Is anyone in the same position or heard of a degree now being needed? There are many people on here that have the same qualifications as me and successfully gained a pr visa. Is it back to school for me?? hope not!!

Your agent is probably right however it depends what you are applying as?

If it is Early years teacher then you do need a bachelor

If it is childcare centre manager/coordinator then I am sure a diploma level qualification should be enough - however this means Australian diploma or equivalent, you will need your qualification assessed first, please see below.

I got through 5 yrs ago on an NVQ3 qual and heaps of experience that I was able to match to the criteria BUT it was not that easy and things do change.

On the website below you will find the childcare act and regulations which contain information on which qual you need depending on your job role. Sorry too tired to pull them out for you now.

From the acecqa website

http://acecqa.gov.au/qualifications/assessment-of-equivalent-early-childhood-educator-qualificat/

An individual with early childhood qualifications either not listed on the approved qualifications lists or from overseas, can apply to ACECQA to have their qualifications assessed for equivalence.

ACECQA will determine if the individual can work as one of the three types of early childhood educator under the National Quality Framework (NQF):

early childhood teacher

diploma level educator

certificate III level educator.

Applying for an assessment

The guidelines for the determination of equivalent qualifications explain the application process and the criteria that ACECQA will consider in deciding if qualifications are equivalent.

Applicants should read these guidelines together with the application form for more detail about the process and the supporting documents that will be needed.

To make an application to ACECQA, you will need to:

complete the application form

attach the necessary certified documents, and

pay the AUD$110 (incl. GST) fee.

Completed applications can be sent to ACECQA

By email: apply@acecqa.gov.au

By post: Qualifications Assessment Team

ACECQA

PO BOX A292

Sydney NSW 1235

Overseas qualifications

If the qualification being assessed is from overseas, then before applying to ACECQA, you will first need certification of the level of the qualification. You can get this from an Overseas Qualification Unit in the state or territory you live in, the Australian Education International – National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (AEI-NOOSR) or Trades Recognition Australia.

[h=5]Assessment for migration[/h]If you wish to apply for an assessment of your Early Childhood Teacher (pre-primary school) qualification for the purpose of the General Skilled Migration Program, then you need to apply to the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership(AITSL).

AITSL is the designated assessing authority under the General Skilled Migration Program for teacher occupations on the Skilled Occupation List.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Hi, eveytime i seem to get close to doing skills test somethng changes. My agent was fine with me having NNEB diploma and experience in a large nursery and holiday club setting. My IELTS should be next week but my agent now tells me that NNEB is no longer good enough and you now need a bachelor degree!!!!!!:arghh: NNEB diploma is a 2 year full time course that the skills test asks for, confused!!

Is anyone in the same position or heard of a degree now being needed? There are many people on here that have the same qualifications as me and successfully gained a pr visa. Is it back to school for me?? hope not!!

Hi

I am in a simular postion......

I had my skills assessed last year by TRA and had a positive results saying I had could work as a childcare centre manager 134111 I have NVQ 3 + 4 in Early years childcare.

But last week my agent has said you now need a degree OR 5 years work experience and as I don't have a degree they will take 5 years from my 10 years work experience which will leave me 5 points short for teh 489 visa!!

I am gutted as I thought we were about to lodge our EOI I still don't totally believe the agent but don't know where to turn to now? Did ring another agent for advise but they said This was rubbish but then said I couldn't get 10 points for family sponsorship!!!

Think most agents are still a little lost with the changes.

Please keep us posted of your findings.

From what you have posted it looks as if the advice you have received might leave something to be desired. You might want to consider taking a second opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest guest76088

I would welcome the fact that childcarers have a degree. If that is too much to ask they should at least we able to spell.

It will push the prices up still further of course...

BigD

[h=2]ACECQA req.[/h]

Hi there,

I am wondering about above requirements of teaching children of age from birth to 2 yrs.In my country we teach children from 11 months to 6 years .Has someone got positive experiences with acecqa assessment outcome about children's age?I don't have any work experiences in teaching babies younger than 11 months.

Thanx.

Big D- this was his/her last post- I'm still trying to work it out- can you help? What do you think they teach children between birth & 2 years ?:rolleyes: On a more serious note- I have honestly been wondering...how does working in a nursery supervising toddlers translate into Childcare Centre Manager? is it a completely different role over there does anyone know?

• 1 year later...
Hi

I am in a simular postion......

I had my skills assessed last year by TRA and had a positive results saying I had could work as a childcare centre manager 134111 I have NVQ 3 + 4 in Early years childcare.

But last week my agent has said you now need a degree OR 5 years work experience and as I don't have a degree they will take 5 years from my 10 years work experience which will leave me 5 points short for teh 489 visa!!

I am gutted as I thought we were about to lodge our EOI I still don't totally believe the agent but don't know where to turn to now? Did ring another agent for advise but they said This was rubbish but then said I couldn't get 10 points for family sponsorship!!!

Think most agents are still a little lost with the changes.

Please keep us posted of your findings.

Hi bro I just want to request u plz tell me whst tra assesed in step 2 of job ready program I m very upset because I even dont know how to gind job plz help me if u can

to give job help some one give me that job I m on step 2 of job ready program waiting for your

Thanks

Edited by VERYSTORMY
Telephone number removed as per forum rules

Hi bro I just want to request u plz tell me whst tra assesed in step 2 of job ready program I m very upset because I even dont know how to gind job plz help me if u can

to give job help some one give me that job I m on step 2 of job ready program waiting for your

Thanks

this post is 3 years old. You would be better posting your own questions as a new thread.