Strange question but i need to know lol

Stuju

Can anyone tell me if you can go onto facebook in Taipei (China) reason i ask is we are there for 14hrs this weekend & as its only a certain length of time we will not be able to go out of the airport area (we are in a hotel on the airport site) now i know they have laws etc about facebook twitter youtube etc & i don not fancy being locked up for violating their laws............... any help appreciated please i have searched the internet & get contradicting replies :arghh:

Taiwan is definately NOT owned by China it is a competely different country. Its official name is the Republic of China whereas Chinas official name is the Peoples Republic of China. The two countries were torn apart during the civil war(similar to north and south korea). The two countries are not on very good terms with one another.

However Taiwan(republic of China) is an open society, democratic and you can access Facebook there.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Can anyone tell me if you can go onto facebook in Taipei (China) reason i ask is we are there for 14hrs this weekend & as its only a certain length of time we will not be able to go out of the airport area (we are in a hotel on the airport site) now i know they have laws etc about facebook twitter youtube etc & i don not fancy being locked up for violating their laws............... any help appreciated please i have searched the internet & get contradicting replies :arghh:

In most countries where social networking is not allowed, you wont even be able to assess the sites. You have nothing to worry about, in my opinion.

Hi

First of all .... Taipei is the capital of Taiwan not China ... so there is nothing to worry about that . Apart they might be having some sort of restricted access as per their country law.

You can use proxy for access to twitter or facebook sites.

try this link if you want to access it via proxy ...

http://antipalivo.ru/proxy/list

Thanks

Rana

14 hrs is plenty to do one of the organised sightseeing trips to see the Temples etc...........we did this last year & really enjoyed it :biggrin:

No as i mentioned in my original post as its only 14hrs we can not leave the airport so no sight seeing trips pf temples etc