Guest steviemeek

Guest steviemeek

Hi folks I'm Stevie and me and my family live in Scotland. I've been saying for years "we should move to Oz" and finally I think she's listening...I'm 46 in a week or so and my wife Vicky is 45 in Oct, we have three kids, two under 18. Maybe we've left it to late but I got some good IT qualifications and possibly a profession that's listed on the Skilled Occupation List. If anyone has any advice or information for us we'd really appreciate it and love to hear from you. And by the way, I've been twice in the last ten years or so. Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Cairns and Darwin..Love the place

Hi folks I'm Stevie and me and my family live in Scotland. I've been saying for years "we should move to Oz" and finally I think she's listening...I'm 46 in a week or so and my wife Vicky is 45 in Oct, we have three kids, two under 18. Maybe we've left it to late but I got some good IT qualifications and possibly a profession that's listed on the Skilled Occupation List. If anyone has any advice or information for us we'd really appreciate it and love to hear from you. And by the way, I've been twice in the last ten years or so. Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Cairns and Darwin..Love the place

Hi Stevie,

Welcome to the forum mate, i am not sure about you being on the skilled occupation list but you can check on the Australian immigration website, i think your age may be a factor but hopefully you may be able to get around that, i am sure someone who knows better than me will be along soon to give you some more info. Good luck :yes:

Welcome to PIO

You should run your case past a registered Migration agent - try Overseas Emigration, based in Edinburgh - they gave me inital phone consoltation free, they will be able to tell you if you will be eligible or not.

Although the age has increased to 49 - no points are given for 45-49 age bracket, therefore can be difficult for people in this age group to pass the points test. Also you would need to be sure you could get a positive Skills assessment from ACS.

Another option would be to find a employer to sponsor you.