Any 175ers still awaiting a CO?

Ohhh heck

Hi

I lodged 175 skilled independent in Mar 2011. CO was assigned in Nov 2011 & asked for a few supporting documents which was submitted.

Now all in "Document checklist" is written as "Met" except PCC & Medicals.

Its been 16 months now & DIAC site states that for GSM visa's they do take 18 months time period. I have applied via an agent based in Melbourne.

I just want to ask ... can some one tell me DIAC number if I want to check the status of my application ... Can I do it myself or its is mandatory to reach the department with the help of my Agent.

Please do reply ... I am some how worried as my contract is also gonna end by this Sep 2012.

Thanks & waiting in anticipation

Rana

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yazaid

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline

6-December-2011 Submitted my application

30-April-2012 got case officer

10-May-2012 submitted medicals, police clearance, evidence of income

Till now waiting for the visa to be issued, I heard of people who got their visa within 2 days, some within weeks, and some within 2 months for me it's now been almost 2 months and 2 weeks, still didn't get my visa :D I'm not in a hurry but I just like to know whether I'll be granted a visa or no.

So for those of you who applied in Jan I think you'll be getting a case officer soon + you can check the allocation dates in this link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

it's updated fortnightly.

Is there anyone who got their Visa in here? and how long did it take you after you submitted your medicals and pcc please?

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline

6-December-2011 Submitted my application

30-April-2012 got case officer

10-May-2012 submitted medicals, police clearance, evidence of income

Till now waiting for the visa to be issued, I heard of people who got their visa within 2 days, some within weeks, and some within 2 months for me it's now been almost 2 months and 2 weeks, still didn't get my visa :D I'm not in a hurry but I just like to know whether I'll be granted a visa or no.

So for those of you who applied in Jan I think you'll be getting a case officer soon + you can check the allocation dates in this link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

it's updated fortnightly.

Is there anyone who got their Visa in here? and how long did it take you after you submitted your medicals and pcc please?

Hi,

My Visa got granted yesterday and I applied on 30th May, it took 25 days to get a CO allocated and then 3 days from uploading medicals and PCC to getting the Visa granted (175 software engineer, UK).

Did you notify the CO by email when you had uploaded all the requested documents as I have read from other posts that their system sometimes doesn't notify them that it is all complete and can be over looked and as soon as they realised their Visa was granted in days :)

Hope your wait is almost over.

Guest yazaid
Hi,

My Visa got granted yesterday and I applied on 30th May, it took 25 days to get a CO allocated and then 3 days from uploading medicals and PCC to getting the Visa granted (175 software engineer, UK).

Did you notify the CO by email when you had uploaded all the requested documents as I have read from other posts that their system sometimes doesn't notify them that it is all complete and can be over looked and as soon as they realised their Visa was granted in days :)

Hope your wait is almost over.

!!!!! Hi Julia (and yes I intended to put the exclamation marks first lol) your process went super fast? are you on some special case somehow? because it's impossible to have an entire process finalized within around 1 or 2 months?!

and yes I sent my case officer an e-mail and then I got this response I am not sure if it is automated or no:

Dear Applicant,

At present your application is undergoing routine processing. Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met including meeting all checks in relation to an application can take some time. I cannot give you a time frame.

I will be following up on the status of your application on a regular basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable. You will be contacted if we require additional information to process your application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

What do you think? and where are you intending to go in Australia? I'm thinking about Melbourne.

Hi all. Not sure if you've had the chance to see diac website this morning. Processing progress has been updated. So in the last two weeks (13th July through 27th) they have progressed applications from 16th jan to 23 jan ( so one week).

Perhaps an indication that the processing is slowing (2 weeks to get through 1 weeks work) but then again it could just be that late jan was heavy in terms of applications. Alternatively the skills select roll out could mean diversion of resources.

I guess we just need to wait and see.

Jamie.

Hi all. Not sure if you've had the chance to see diac website this morning. Processing progress has been updated. So in the last two weeks (13th July through 27th) they have progressed applications from 16th jan to 23 jan ( so one week).

Perhaps an indication that the processing is slowing (2 weeks to get through 1 weeks work) but then again it could just be that late jan was heavy in terms of applications. Alternatively the skills select roll out could mean diversion of resources.

I guess we just need to wait and see.

Jamie.

Hi!

I was pretty sure it was 13th of Jan before the update...however I expected they moved a bit faster considering they are not receiving applications of several kind of visas from the 1st of July...

I hope to be allocated a CO in 3 months from my application being lodged...

...hi ought heck. Are you sure skill select takes priority. Our migration agent was very keen for us to submit prior to 1st July? Not sure if his preference was based on any info or just because the whole skillselect this was new and therefore unclear...

...hi ought heck. Are you sure skill select takes priority. Our migration agent was very keen for us to submit prior to 1st July? Not sure if his preference was based on any info or just because the whole skillselect this was new and therefore unclear...

Hi jamie

From reading this skill select have a higher priority than us.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Interesting. I see what you mean, though I'm at a loss to understand why the SkillSelect would be higher up the pecking order. I can only assume that with the SkillSelect they can choose (via the Expression of Interest approval) what skills they wish to fast-track?

Anyone else got an interpretation on this?

Jamie.

It took us about 9 months to get a case officer and when we did we had a baby on the way so had to put the whole thing on hold until our son (jack) was born. Then we could do the medicals and police checks. This Friday morning and 9 weeks later I got a call from John at immigration2oz (a legend by the way) "your in dan"

It's taken best part of 2 years and £7500. so my advise to you is once the application is in just get your head down and save and forget about it until you get the call. Also don't bother checking the online update thing it will drive you crazy.

Right we have to sort a lot of s##t sorted now and get out of here!!! Good luck all

Guest ajmcom

Oh **** just got my CO assigned today 31 July 2012!! I applied on 24 May 2012 so ONLY TWO MONTHS WAITING!

They have asked for heaps of information!! Scared Now.!

Oh **** just got my CO assigned today 31 July 2012!! I applied on 24 May 2012 so ONLY TWO MONTHS WAITING!

They have asked for heaps of information!! Scared Now.!

Thats really good news. It's so good to see 175's getting CO's. we lodged a couple of days after you so hopefully we will hear very soon too.

Hi guys

considering diac website allocation dates, we need to wait till december or even jan 13 to get a co.the latest one was those who applied on jan 23 :) in that way june applicants need to wait.

However, in another thread i found they are limiting eoi invitations to make 175 faster for some time and june applicant can get co latest by september. But i dont know the sourse of informaion to believe it.

Guest ajmcom

I still have a long wait ahead tho, Qatar police check will take 3-4 months. I could not risk to apply in advance as its only valid for 6 months.

Guest Allena

We have good news! We've been allocated CO on 31/07/12. It seems like lots of people got CO on this date. Our CO requested us police certificate, medicals and Form 80. That's it. Does it mean we are really close to our dream?

We have good news! We've been allocated CO on 31/07/12. It seems like lots of people got CO on this date. Our CO requested us police certificate, medicals and Form 80. That's it. Does it mean we are really close to our dream?

Congratulation for the CO allocated, when did you lodge your application?

Given the small number of new applications from the 1st of July I hope we will all get a CO very soon...

Guest Allena

We've lodged ours on 05 June 2012. So it took less than 2 months for CO to be allocated. If we were already asked to submit medicals and police checks, does that mean we have passed all checks?