Any 175ers still awaiting a CO?

Ohhh heck

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're waiting as well, but I lodged my application less than 4 weeks ago...

I hope to get a CO by the end of August, even if realistically should be by the end of September...

Hi dredg97

Glad we are not alone .....! I feel better with a bit of company!

I lodged 15-6-12 and nothing yet. Although to be honest i dont mind strecthing it out as really not able to move for 2yrs. Am also hoping co after august as heading to greece for a month and wont have access to my doc etc.

Guest melanie79

yep i lodged 28th june 2012, so still early days for a co. i seen a post on here saying that according to diac anyone who lodged a 175 6th jan 2012 or before have now been allocated a co. so it seems to be a 6 month wait approx acc to diac themselves. then i seen another post saying people this year have been getting a co around the 13 week mark. im similar to murta- not ready to go for another 2 years so dont mind sitting back & relaxing now as the pressure is off me now after beating the july deadline! mel

Hello fellow waiters! Glad there are a few of us! I too saw the info from diac, but also noticed that a fair few of people on here were getting CO's within a few weeks. We were discussing whether to get meds done in advance cos it was going sooooo fast, but decided against it. And now I am glad we waited cos allocations seemed to stop when skill select went live. Let's hope things start moving again soon!

Hi All,

Indeed...reading the threads intently and encourgaging that some people are getting assigned so quickly. We're hoping for the best (CO assigned in next 3 months, say), but preparing for the worst (some point in early 2013). The DIAC website updates fortnightly, and certainly over the last month it has been ticking over ok. Progress is matching the weeks as they pass (if that makes sense?!). On this basis, we're certainly hoping to have CO assigned by December.

Lets keep on updating so we can monitor progress....race ya!! :cool:

Hi All,

Indeed...reading the threads intently and encourgaging that some people are getting assigned so quickly. We're hoping for the best (CO assigned in next 3 months, say), but preparing for the worst (some point in early 2013). The DIAC website updates fortnightly, and certainly over the last month it has been ticking over ok. Progress is matching the weeks as they pass (if that makes sense?!). On this basis, we're certainly hoping to have CO assigned by December.

Lets keep on updating so we can monitor progress....race ya!! :cool:

Hey Jamie. When did you submit your application? If it was after me I'd better win the race! Not that I'm competitive or anything !! Here's hoping we have news soon!

Hi all

our app went in on 22nd June. Am in similar situation had seen people from Jan getting allocated and so was banking on around 6 month wait which with our circumstances would be fine, then our migration agent sent me into a panic saying people had been allocated within a few weeks and so I may be the same and needing to provide all required things which in our case is court papers for kids. Everything seems to have settled back to usual waiting periods now though so all good for now. Good luck to everyone

Mem

Just wondered if anyone else is still awaiting a CO? We submitted our 175 on 19/5/12 and are getting a bit paranoid! We have seen quite a few others get Case officers but we are still waiting ..........

I was wondering the same thing, it feels kile we have beeabhorgotten about :cry:

Just wondered if anyone else is still awaiting a CO? We submitted our 175 on 19/5/12 and are getting a bit paranoid! We have seen quite a few others get Case officers but we are still waiting ..........

When I logged my application in April, I was expecting 10-18 months just to get a case officer because that is what was being reported as allocation time, now we're all complaining and impatient after just 2 months.

Guys, do you realise that the current processing times are more than 12 months faster than what they were a year ago? We are fortunate. I know that doesn't make the waiting easier, but lets just stop, collect, and be a little patient. We are very lucky this year with the processing times. Lets not forget that.

Oh, and by the way, I was allocated CO after just 8 weeks. Make sure you are ready! I have seen other people who counted on the process taking up to 2 years, now complaining that they have to move so quickly! Geez, I bet these CO's feel like they just can't please :confused:

When I logged my application in April, I was expecting 10-18 months just to get a case officer because that is what was being reported as allocation time, now we're all complaining and impatient after just 2 months.

Guys, do you realise that the current processing times are more than 12 months faster than what they were a year ago? We are fortunate. I know that doesn't make the waiting easier, but lets just stop, collect, and be a little patient. We are very lucky this year with the processing times. Lets not forget that.

Oh, and by the way, I was allocated CO after just 8 weeks. Make sure you are ready! I have seen other people who counted on the process taking up to 2 years, now complaining that they have to move so quickly! Geez, I bet these CO's feel like they just can't please :confused:

Hi wonder

I fully appreciate what you are saying and when we first looked into the process thought we were in for an 18 monthish wait from application. My post was really that we had seen people who had applied after us get COs cos we thought it was done on date basis. We are just huddling together purely out of interest.

I am the same pretty much. Submitted my application on 20th June and have it in my mind the 13 week mark although certianly by Christmas. I cannot believe how quickly people seem to be getting CO's at the moment. I was told 12 months so anything before that is a blessing really. Hoping to move before end of 2013 all going well. It will be nice just to get police checks and medicals done and get it granted so I can relax and then plan the actual move (when the real hard work begins!).

Guest melanie79

hi guys! DO I UNDERSTAND THIS CORRECTLY?!!!!:

on the diac website there is a paragraph under the allocation times that reads (if i understand it correctly now!) that we can go ahead with pccs/medicals withina month of the time frame given to case officers being appointed. sorry not making this very clear: basically as case officers have now been appointed to 13th jan 2012 submitters if you applied for 175 between 14th jan 2012 to 13 feb 2012 you can now go ahead if you want & get the medicals/pcc if you wish to. so as i applied on 28th june 2012 i have to wait for case offficers to be allocated to 28th may submitters & i can then go ahead if i want. did anyone else see that or have i competely misunderstood it?!!!!!!! but then again some people who have submitted after 13 th jan have already been allocated case officers so it can happen anytime i suppose.....

Guest jaycris

Are the guys waiting for COs in priority 4 or 5? that may be the difference?

I applied 22-May and got a CO on 14-Jun, but I think I am on priority 4 because of the job I was assessed for.

hi guys! DO I UNDERSTAND THIS CORRECTLY?!!!!:

on the diac website there is a paragraph under the allocation times that reads (if i understand it correctly now!) that we can go ahead with pccs/medicals withina month of the time frame given to case officers being appointed. sorry not making this very clear: basically as case officers have now been appointed to 13th jan 2012 submitters if you applied for 175 between 14th jan 2012 to 13 feb 2012 you can now go ahead if you want & get the medicals/pcc if you wish to. so as i applied on 28th june 2012 i have to wait for case offficers to be allocated to 28th may submitters & i can then go ahead if i want. did anyone else see that or have i competely misunderstood it?!!!!!!! but then again some people who have submitted after 13 th jan have already been allocated case officers so it can happen anytime i suppose.....

There are some people that front loaded PCC and Medicals right after lodging their application..

In my case for example, my migration agent already asked and uploaded my PCC at the time of lodging the application (end of June).

I am now considering to take medicals as well since the countdown for validation has already started...

Hi Melanie79,

I've interpreted the same as you. All things being equal, if you lodged in June, when the DIAC website says it's processing May's you should proceed with PCC and Medicals. Of course, if you get notified that you have a case officer earlier then you should commence then!

Ta

Are the guys waiting for COs in priority 4 or 5? that may be the difference?

I applied 22-May and got a CO on 14-Jun, but I think I am on priority 4 because of the job I was assessed for.

Hi jaycris

Im guessing I'm cat 4. I'm a nurse so on the SOL. You got your CO amazingly quickly, good luck!