Medicals refered for more than 30 days ets connect

megawatts

jaycris....you're absolutely right! thanks, has made me feel a bit more positive :biggrin: and I know exactly what we're going to do this time. When the panel doc confirms they've sent the report off, I'll be phoning GH every night for an update, I definitely won't be leaving them to get on with it in their own time! I work nightshift at the minute so it won't be a problem being up late for me :biggrin:

If you can also get a copy of the resullt from the panel doctor, scan it and send it to CO.. So that they will know you are on guard watching them and furious to have your visa approved...:realmad::realmad:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rubenmircea

Guys one question, what does Health requirements finalised mean ? Because i got that on 8.8.2012 and the rest are still referred.

Thank you Ruben

If you can also get a copy of the resullt from the panel doctor, scan it and send it to CO.. So that they will know you are on guard watching them and furious to have your visa approved...:realmad::realmad:

I did this with the last report and will definitely be doing it again. Will probably take a couple of weeks to get an appointment then will have to wait for the report to be written........must find some patience from somewhere too lol x

Guest fultonclan

Can I join this thread? Hubby and kids meds finalised, mine referred 10/08/12, looks like I'm in for one hell of another wait! :cry:

Rach x

Guest crusty10003
ok its taken me an hour and a half to get through and all I kept hearing was the message on their answering machine but FINALLY someone answered!! thank goodness I rang. There was a fault in their system and the medical report that was sent wasn't showing up so they were assuming it hadn't been sent! the kind lady I spoke to is going to contact the technical team urgently so their doctor can look at the report and make a decision asap.........so yes I'm still waiting but goodness knows how much longer it would have been if I hadn't phoned!!

This is the exact same issue that has just happened to me..i have been waiting over 2 months now since my medical has been referred by medibank to the MOC. i used to ring every week to see if things have been finalized.They now tell me that they have been waiting for a number of weeks for a medical report that i never sent them.In fact i did send them the report 2 days after i had the medical done and when i sent it they confirmed that they received it.

I rang the Perth clinic and they said they received it but sent it to the MOC but the MOC saying that they are still waiting on it..

Very strange and annoying as i am sure my application as been considered non DRC and put at the bottom of the pile...

With those hundreds of thousand poor people (like us) who had and are currently being referred to MOC chances are there will be some errors in the process.., I also have experienced this situation wherein My CO told me that our meds were finalised and on the same day I also rang GH telling me that meds are still on queue:confused:..

Goddluck crusty10003, atleast now you know what is your position and how you can deal with it...

Hey all! My meds were finalised today -- finally!! Odd that it was on a Saturday but maybe they're working extra hard at HOC to get through everyone's medicals.

Hey

Well done, congratulations on getting your medicals finalised. I bet that’s a relief! Hopefully you’ll get your visa grant within the next few days. We’re still waiting; I guess if I’m going by your timeline we’ve got another 3 weeks to go! Good luck. Clare

Hey all! My meds were finalised today -- finally!! Odd that it was on a Saturday but maybe they're working extra hard at HOC to get through everyone's medicals.

Congr%20Party-large.jpg

Good news!! can I just ask when you Phoned HOC what questions did you ask as I think I will try again tomorrow, you seemed to get a more positive response to your phone call.

Guest jaycris
My daughters meds were finalised on the 10th. All done now.. they must be working over the weekend as i checked yesterday and nothing changed.

whoah... that's great considering your daughter's medicals were referred after some of us'... I actually logged in to check mine because of what happened to yours. unfortunately, not yet for me.

congratulations!

Congr%20Party-large.jpg

Good news!! can I just ask when you Phoned HOC what questions did you ask as I think I will try again tomorrow, you seemed to get a more positive response to your phone call.

I basically asked what the status of the medicals were, what the current processing date was, and how long they might expect it to take for the meds to be finalised. The second time I called the agent said it would take another week -- that was on Friday. The next day my meds were finalised. I would definitely give them a call tomorrow to follow up. I'm not sure if it does anything to speed up the process but it doesn't seem to hurt. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I too did the same and luckly I called only once and was told they were being looked at later that day. I would def give them a call.

I wonder if it depends on the case.. my daughters was only a slight trace of protien in the urine, maybe if there is something that needs more looking into this takes longer?

Guest Aspirer

Hello Everyone,

This is the place I am trying to find out from many days and finally landed in the right discussion. I have submitted our (myself, my spouse and kid) medicals on 28th June, 2012. Mine and my spouse medicals are mentioned as “Referred” on 28 June 2012, and my child medicals are mentioned as “Finalized” on 16/7/2012. I have enquired on the same with my case officer, however I was advised that he will not have any inputs regarding the medicals status until it is processed and updated. It has been more than 45 days from the referred date. I am totally confused. Guys, please share your experiences and can someone predict when my medicals gets finalized? I tried reaching on Global Health Telephone: +61 2 8666 5777 I hear a recorded message saying their working hours are from 9 AM to 4 PM EST, but the time is 1 PM EST when I called. Kindly please give your inputs in my case. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps me.

Guest fultonclan

Hi guys and gals!

I know I've only just been referred but has anyone had a recent update on what the backlog is for referrals at present? I read that they were up to the end of June but then read somewhere else that they are up to mid July. Anyone know?

Rach x

I keep my eyes in two places now, one still on the immi "check the progress of an application" and the other now on this forum thread to see whats going on with everyone else.

From the gist of what I am seeing on here it depends on what visa you have applied for. The 457 visa's seem to be going through quite(?!?) quickly, but others can take longer. Then there seems no rhyme nor reason as to which get processed.

Megawatts was easily winning the longest time (if there is such a competition to win) but others including myself are getting pretty frustrated seeing people seemingly behind you in the queue get finalised. Megawatts took about 9-10 weeks! And i'm hoping that is the longest things should take so we have another nervous 2-3 weeks ahead having been referred at the end of June (and applying for a 175 visa).

Fingers crossed for all of us!

F

Hello Everyone,

This is the place I am trying to find out from many days and finally landed in the right discussion. I have submitted our (myself, my spouse and kid) medicals on 28th June, 2012. Mine and my spouse medicals are mentioned as “Referred” on 28 June 2012, and my child medicals are mentioned as “Finalized” on 16/7/2012. I have enquired on the same with my case officer, however I was advised that he will not have any inputs regarding the medicals status until it is processed and updated. It has been more than 45 days from the referred date. I am totally confused. Guys, please share your experiences and can someone predict when my medicals gets finalized? I tried reaching on Global Health Telephone: +61 2 8666 5777 I hear a recorded message saying their working hours are from 9 AM to 4 PM EST, but the time is 1 PM EST when I called. Kindly please give your inputs in my case. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps me.

Hi Aspire,

Predicting the finalization of the medicals is actually like shooting for the stars, as I mentioned before- GH is extremely busy with the downpour of people who have applied and referred to them as a result of the July 1 transition, so don't be too sad about this.

But based from my past experience I will share some of my personal technique to you:

1. Calling GH is also a game of luck and a test of your patience, but what I have noticed which I've also shared here before (but not sure if it's still applicable) the probability that someone in GH might answer you is by calling them through this timings: from 9am-10am, and 3:00pm-4:00pm (Sydney local time).

2. Email GH and your CO as well.

3. Ultimately, the finish line for all those who were refferred is a verdict - wether it is finalised, more info required, filling up health undertaking( which was our case), remember it is their mandate to deliver the results to each and everyone of us.

I am sure that you will receive yours soon...

Goodluck and cheers:wink: