Medicals refered for more than 30 days ets connect

megawatts

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so frustrating! I've tried calling but I just get a recorded message. I've tried emailing and I've had no response after 5 days. And I'm healthy! I don't even know why I got referred! (july 9th, still waiting...)

I've been trying to get an email response since 10 July, and been trying to call daily for the past week. No success on getting through.

Tired from the 5am wake up call to start trying to phone HOC.

It concerns me that I have seen more than one report of people finally getting through and turns out that their meds were stuck due to a "technical" error - how many of us still waiting are stuck in this big black technical error hole? Would rather have just been left with thinking that they were backlogged.

Guest crusty10003
Hi guys, Anybody here who are still waiting for the results of their medical assessment from MOC for more than 30 days? Who suffers the same dilemna as me? Mine were refered last May 31, 2012 and until now I still have'nt a clue when Global health will start to get a look at them.. It's quiet frustrating...

Yeah mate my medical was referred to the MOC on the 8th of june.i have rang up a load of times to enquire about it and was told that there is a serious back log and could take 6 to 8 weeks to sort out.i then rang about a few weeks later and was told that they wont be giving me an estimate on how long it will take to finalise as there is still a major back log

Guest trasi

Hi All

What visas are people referring to, not that it matters at all, im sure :(

I have just checked my online status, and seen that my blood tests and medicals have been referred :cry:

Judging by your posts, i am in for a long wait..........

I have no idea why i have been referred, and dont know whats worse...... thinking your visa will be declined or thinking you have something wrong with you :frown:

Keeping everything crossed for you all xx

Yeah mate my medical was referred to the MOC on the 8th of june.i have rang up a load of times to enquire about it and was told that there is a serious back log and could take 6 to 8 weeks to sort out.i then rang about a few weeks later and was told that they wont be giving me an estimate on how long it will take to finalise as there is still a major back log

This is exactly the same answer that I get from them everytime I call now on my 7th week now... But it seems that in this thread nobody still beats my May 31 referred date...:laugh:

Hi All

What visas are people referring to, not that it matters at all, im sure :(

I have just checked my online status, and seen that my blood tests and medicals have been referred :cry:

Judging by your posts, i am in for a long wait..........

I have no idea why i have been referred, and dont know whats worse...... thinking your visa will be declined or thinking you have something wrong with you :frown:

Keeping everything crossed for you all xx

-include those sleepless nights... And the excitement that turns to frustration whenever you check your application status...:confused:

Guest trasi
-include those sleepless nights... And the excitement that turns to frustration whenever you check your application status...:confused:

Looks like my tobacco intake is about to increase !! :shocked:

Thanks for your advice and info megawatts. I was trying for 2hrs then at 2am I gave up. I did get through to my CO in Perth who was helpful and didn't seem worried. My advice would be for people to get in touch with their CO as well so they can keep an eye out for the medical report as soon as it is done and avoid further delay (assuming everything else is good to go)

I think I will try again tonight- just in case- of a technical error. Here's hoping

Also if you are not sure why you got referred then this document is worth a look. Just click the PDF. It is aimed at the panel doctors, but gives guidelines on what should and shouldn't be referred. If there is a serious or acute problem the panel doctor should get in touch with you directly, and refer appropriately. If this hasn't happened it is probably nothing major.

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/

In my case the only things I could think of were a heart murmur (very minor), or being short sited- NEITHER of which should have been referred. SO I am hoping the panel doc was just over cautious, and it just needs someone to have a look at the file and tick the box.

*fingers and toes crossed* for everyone

Thanks for your advice and info megawatts. I was trying for 2hrs then at 2am I gave up. I did get through to my CO in Perth who was helpful and didn't seem worried. My advice would be for people to get in touch with their CO as well so they can keep an eye out for the medical report as soon as it is done and avoid further delay (assuming everything else is good to go)

I think I will try again tonight- just in case- of a technical error. Here's hoping

Also if you are not sure why you got referred then this document is worth a look. Just click the PDF. It is aimed at the panel doctors, but gives guidelines on what should and shouldn't be referred. If there is a serious or acute problem the panel doctor should get in touch with you directly, and refer appropriately. If this hasn't happened it is probably nothing major.

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/

In my case the only things I could think of were a heart murmur (very minor), or being short sited- NEITHER of which should have been referred. SO I am hoping the panel doc was just over cautious, and it just needs someone to have a look at the file and tick the box.

*fingers and toes crossed* for everyone

Very informative,, I should have read this before we went for our medical exams... I e-mailed my CO last friday but no response yet...

Morning all

Got up this morning to call Global Health and only got their voicemail. However, checked status today and it says my meds were received yesterday and finalised today and visa being processed further. We are finally getting somewhere which is just as well coz I've handed in my notice for 3.8.12.lol. Insane! I know.

Can't remember if it was this thread or another, but someone somewhere posted that HOC seem to pick up the phone between 2 and 2.30 local time. And hey ho, would you know, was trying before 2pm, just got voice mail as I have for the past week. 2.34pm, someone answered the phone!

I'm chasing paper medicals, and they seem to be in the same bucket as any that have been referred - the only answer I got was that they were processing meds from 5/6 July. She did a check and couldn't find any record of my step daughters meds, but said that they wouldn't even have been put into the system if received on 12 July.

Guess another week of no sleep :-(.

Can't remember if it was this thread or another, but someone somewhere posted that HOC seem to pick up the phone between 2 and 2.30 local time. And hey ho, would you know, was trying before 2pm, just got voice mail as I have for the past week. 2.34pm, someone answered the phone!

I'm chasing paper medicals, and they seem to be in the same bucket as any that have been referred - the only answer I got was that they were processing meds from 5/6 July. She did a check and couldn't find any record of my step daughters meds, but said that they wouldn't even have been put into the system if received on 12 July.

Guess another week of no sleep :-(.

Nice try... I feel that its raining telephone calls this day in GH,, even getting thro' with them in phone seems like a matter of luck this days...:biggrin: Well i hope sooner or later they can sort things up. And also thats an unusual date, coz ours are referred since May 31 and never been assessed..:frown:

I never got through to global health. But today I checked and health requirements finalised! So applied 21st, medical 26th June, referred 9th July and health req finalised 26th. Still awaits final approval.

Good luck to all those still waiting- maybe global health are starting to get their act together!

I never got through to global health. But today I checked and health requirements finalised! So applied 21st, medical 26th June, referred 9th July and health req finalised 26th. Still awaits final approval.

Good luck to all those still waiting- maybe global health are starting to get their act together!

Congrats... Hope ours would be finalised also soon..

Hi everyone,

I'm from the June 176 gang! Noticed this morning my son's medicals now says "further medicals results referred", does that mean I am in this queue with you guys now or would it say referred to GH???

Thanks everyone,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Nobody from here really know wether the meds of your son are on queue like us, I suggest just wait for a little while(like 1wk) and if there are still no changes, send a soft email enquiry to your CO and ask him the status of the meds.. goodluck..

any updates guys/gals? it's been 4 days for me... so far nothing.

Hi Jaycris,

I just called DIAC today and I was looking for my CO. Unfortunately I was'nt able to talk to her, but the good lady who answered the phone told me that the health requirements of my wife were already finalised last July 2, 2012, but in my application status they were still referred, she told me that, it is normal, sometimes the CO does not update the status.. on the otherhand it made me just think, if our meds were all finalised on July 2, 2012, how come that there is still no decision for our visa until this time?? which leads me to a more confusing situation:arghh: ... I just need to pray more and hope for the best...

I suggest you email your CO if you feel that your meds are already taking more time than what is normally usual..

goodluck to all of us...

Hi Jaycris,

I just called DIAC today and I was looking for my CO. Unfortunately I was'nt able to talk to her, but the good lady who answered the phone told me that the health requirements of my wife were already finalised last July 2, 2012, but in my application status they were still referred, she told me that, it is normal, sometimes the CO does not update the status.. on the otherhand it made me just think, if our meds were all finalised on July 2, 2012, how come that there is still no decision for our visa until this time?? which leads me to a more confusing situation:arghh: ... I just need to pray more and hope for the best...

I suggest you email your CO if you feel that your meds are already taking more time than what is normally usual..

goodluck to all of us...

I thought only GH could update the page which shows the status of medicals and your CO updated the other page where your documents are listed?? I'm sure you've done this already but probably best to email your CO and tell her what you've been told.....and maybe ring again tonight? if anything its good news that they've finalized your wife's medical :D good luck, hope you get the decision through very soon!

as for me, I phoned GH last night for an update but they didn't even take my TRN number, just asked when my son's case was referred (last week) then told me there is a back log and it would take another one to two weeks for a decision :arghh: I'm so sick of this, I almost told her where to shove the stupid visa :biglaugh: (then i remembered this is the rest of my life we're talking about and she'd probably have been happy to have one less case to deal with)

I thought only GH could update the page which shows the status of medicals and your CO updated the other page where your documents are listed?? I'm sure you've done this already but probably best to email your CO and tell her what you've been told.....and maybe ring again tonight? if anything its good news that they've finalized your wife's medical :D good luck, hope you get the decision through very soon!

as for me, I phoned GH last night for an update but they didn't even take my TRN number, just asked when my son's case was referred (last week) then told me there is a back log and it would take another one to two weeks for a decision :arghh: I'm so sick of this, I almost told her where to shove the stupid visa :biglaugh: (then i remembered this is the rest of my life we're talking about and she'd probably have been happy to have one less case to deal with)

This is the email of my CO dated July 9, 2012 (in response to my email inquiring about the meds of my wife):

"It was updated on 2 July 2012 to the second to last stage of finalisation. It should be completed very soon."

to tell you honestly I really don't quiet understand what she really meant by this, what is the meaning of- the second to the last stage of finalisation?, and what also bothers me is whenever I call GH they always answers me that the meds were awaiting for MOC assessment and they dont know when it will be assessed, and this morning after waiting for more than 30mins in the phone for somebody in the DIAC to answer, atlast I was given the chance to talk to DIAC and the lady( Operator, call center agent or what?) who answered told me that she could confirm that the medicals of my wife were finalised last July 2, 2012, and DIAC have already received the assessment from GH, but she could not tell me the timeframe for our case to be finalised... Now I do not know anymore who (GH or DIAC) am I going to believe.. its more than frustrating now..