Medicals refered for more than 30 days ets connect

megawatts

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husbands had been referred, but the only way I found that out was by chasing CO, DIAC and Health Strategies. Reason I started chasing was because his was the only "organise medicals" that had not been removed.

That being said, his Medicals were cleared last Monday (5th) and visa granted on the same day!

Our case officer had been very helpful during the whole process..

Good luck all.. The waiting will soon be over :)

My husbands had been referred, but the only way I found that out was by chasing CO, DIAC and Health Strategies. Reason I started chasing was because his was the only "organise medicals" that had not been removed.

That being said, his Medicals were cleared last Monday (5th) and visa granted on the same day!

Our case officer had been very helpful during the whole process..

Good luck all.. The waiting will soon be over :)

Hi all ,

I have a question ..who refers the medical.We did our medicals in india ,i think it went ok with a minor trace of protein in hubbys urine sample ,but the creatinine test was normal.So the doctor said thy have cleared our results and passed to DIAC.Probably hubby will get a B.

dOES THIS means its referred ?

Please advice.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this. I am just wondering we did our medical in Pak at the end of July. After I confirm from the clinic they said that your and your family results are fine and they uploaded.

After that i mailed to my CO about the medical status. She replied that our medical has been referred to MOC for further assessment.

I am confused if every thing was fine why they got referred. Further is that when will be MOC clearing the referred cases of july end ?

Thanks in advance. Looking for the responses to remove my worrying

Hi Guys,

I am new to this. I am just wondering we did our medical in Pak at the end of July. After I confirm from the clinic they said that your and your family results are fine and they uploaded.

After that i mailed to my CO about the medical status. She replied that our medical has been referred to MOC for further assessment.

I am confused if every thing was fine why they got referred. Further is that when will be MOC clearing the referred cases of july end ?

Thanks in advance. Looking for the responses to remove my worrying

Did you have to repeat any of the uribe/blood/chest test?

Why is it sad part ?

I have confirmed from IOM center (Clinic) that our medicals are fine. And after that i informed CO about the medicals and she told me that our medical have been referred for further assessment.

Thats the sad part..whn did u apply fr the visa?what is the CO saying?

Ya so true well they are clearing out the pending case.

Im so happy I received my grant on 15 August. Waited for 2 and half months as my medicals were referred, here's my timeline :

Anyways I opened up my mail today itself and..... my my the golden mail there finally. I wasn't on this forum for a while and to my surprise I received my grant on 15 August 2013 itself.

Woo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo

Here's my timeline.

Visa applied 21 May 2013, Medicals : 23 may , CO assigned : 3 June, CO received my wife's medicals mine was missing so i attached my medical receipt , Submitted form 80 on 3 June itself waiting for Police Clearance Cert , mailed CO 15 June asking him about my medical, CO replied 19 June that it's referred, Mailed CO 15 July, no reply, Mailed CO 26 July no reply , 15 August VISAAAAAAAAAAAA GRANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

All the best to everyone and thank you so much for help. All of use do share good news with us.

Cheers,

Shugah

Can anyone help with this please? We did our medicals back in Feb, we only ended up lodging (186 decision ready) our visa in June due to unforeseen circumstances. We knew our sons medical would be referred, and it was graded B. We assumed it would be put in the queue to be assessed by MOC straight away.

We now have a case officer, who has contacted to say information is missing on our sons medical basically so a decision can't be made and can we make another appointment with the medical clinic. I called Medibank and they said because we wasn't lodging our visa back in Feb they 'filed' his medical?! They've advised that all the CO needs to so is email them and they will release his medical. They were not all that clear on whether it had been already assessed by MOC or not. Has anyone got any experience of this? I am hoping to god it was assessed, as it seems absolutely ridiculous to me that they would file away his medical knowing it needed referring for assessment (knowing there was such a backlog too). Even our MA is at a loss, and hasn't heard of this before. (We are on a 457 visa so we are on Australia). Hoping someone can shed some light here, as I am just flummoxed by it all. I was so excited that we finally got a CO and now this clanger has been dropped, meaning we could have weeks more of waiting.

Guest dugles

Dear all,

I have lodged my application on 11th July. Co has decided to reuse my previous medicals which when she determined is not valid later 17th October 2013. She send me an email to undergo new medical exam to extend the initial entry as I am offshore.

But when I contacted my panel doctors they are unable to locate me on system using TRN and HAP ID.

So I had send an email to co 5 days ago but still no response. Health strategies' said CO is responsible only.

Please Guys , show some light on it how to proceed

Thanks .

Edited by dugles

Ya so true well they are clearing out the pending case.

Im so happy I received my grant on 15 August. Waited for 2 and half months as my medicals were referred, here's my timeline :

Anyways I opened up my mail today itself and..... my my the golden mail there finally. I wasn't on this forum for a while and to my surprise I received my grant on 15 August 2013 itself.

Woo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo

Here's my timeline.

Visa applied 21 May 2013, Medicals : 23 may , CO assigned : 3 June, CO received my wife's medicals mine was missing so i attached my medical receipt , Submitted form 80 on 3 June itself waiting for Police Clearance Cert , mailed CO 15 June asking him about my medical, CO replied 19 June that it's referred, Mailed CO 15 July, no reply, Mailed CO 26 July no reply , 15 August VISAAAAAAAAAAAA GRANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

All the best to everyone and thank you so much for help. All of use do share good news with us.

Cheers,

Shugah

I got my medicals done about a week after you did... here's hoping this means I might have some news soon. :)

Has anyone used the my health declaration facility on immigration website so that medicals can be done before you get a CO, all info is linked to you - I was debating whether to do that after we get our invite to hopefully not delay the application when it comes to it x

Hi all ,

I have a question ..who refers the medical.We did our medicals in india ,i think it went ok with a minor trace of protein in hubbys urine sample ,but the creatinine test was normal.So the doctor said thy have cleared our results and passed to DIAC.Probably hubby will get a B.

dOES THIS means its referred ?

Please advice.

Hi Shreya...We applied for our 190 yesterday from India. Just wanted to know what are the medicals like in India? What all tests needs to be done? Did you get your test done before a CO was assigned to you?

Regards

Maitreyee

Hi everyone, we just got our visa 186 grant today and I still can't believe it. I give GOD all the praise and thanks.

Nomination: 19th May 2013

visa application(non-decison ready): 28th May 2013

Co: 26th July 2013

grant: 22nd August 2013

visa office: Perth

Hi Maitreyee,

Well since you have done it from India, so it comes under High Risk countries and even if there is no problem with medicals then it will get referred. This does not mean that it will get referred but sometimes it does. It goes to Global Health where they go through the reports provided by the panel doctor from your country.

This is according to my experience I'm not an expert. Please read more regarding this & you can gage that usually after submitting medicals and police Clearance one can get their grant within 2 to 3 days.

If you dont hear from your CO for the next 1 week then you can mail him directly. Ask him that he received it or not or how much time it takes. He will reply you by saying that its under assessment at MOC or Global health ( both are the same so dont get confused). If you still don't hear anything then mail him after 2 weeks again to ask him if he requires anything. Usually they dont reply but if your CO has lot of time in his hands then he will reply back.

Referred cases are taking approx 2 to 3 months. If you are lucky then you can get it within 15 days. No one can give you an estimate, it all depends on how much files they have to clear.

If you applied for your 190 then you can see what tests need to be done. Also if you go to immi website they have Doctors panel list and then you can contact them, depending on which part of the country you are from. When you call them then they will advise you what needs to be done. Since they have lot of people coming for medicals for Aus. In my case for both me and my wife Chest X ray, blood test for HIV, normal body check up.

Please don't forget to tell them about your health history. Don't lie as you never know if they can find out.

We did our test before CO was assigned to us. I reckon it saves time. Mine got referred because I had history of jaundice.

Visa Lodged : 21 May 2013 , Medicals : 23 May 2013 , CO assigned : 03 June 2013 , CO received my wife's medical not mine so I attached medical receipt and also submitted form 80, waiting , 15 June 2013 mailed CO regarding my medicals and he replied on 19 June 2013 " It's under assessment at Global health", PCC : 26 June 2013, Waiting , Mailed Co again in July no reply , Grant : 15 August 2013 yoooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cheers,

Shugah

Edited by Shugah
missed one word

Hi maimenon,

If I'm not wrong anyone who is part of the application e.g. Kids or spouse or anyone has to go for medicals. I would suggest you to ask the place where you going to take your medical test, as they will be knowing it if that needs to be done or not.

Also lot of people wait for their CO and then go for medicals. Some do it before they are assigned CO.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Shugah

@CollegeGirl: Why would a person who is not migrating need to do his/her medicals? Seems odd to me.

Because if they're dependents they would qualify to migrate at a later date. DIAC wants to be sure they'd qualify medically.

From DIAC's Fact Sheet on the Health Requirement:

Health checks required

Permanent visa applicants

All applicants for permanent visas, including the main applicant, partner and any dependants, must be assessed against the health requirement. Even if the applicant's partner and dependants are not included in the visa application, they must still be assessed against the health requirement.