Dog food

Tinaandco

Hi, our dogs are flying to Melbourne in less than 2 weeks and in the UK we fed them on James Well Beloved because we were advised to use that because our younger dog had colitis when he was a pup, so my question is does anyone know of a similar dog food in Australia ?

Thanks Tina x

Guest guest17301

She only has liver occasionally....she seems to do better on the advance, recommended by GAP....mostly necks and lamb bones plus pasta and rice sometimes, she likes milk but it doesnt like her, in fact shes the unfussiest dog out, very very greedy.

Hi

We are moving out in 5 weeks and our 2 dogs coming 6 weeks later. We are thinking about feeding them Eagle Pack when we are there but was wandering if it was possible to ship some over to the UK to get them used to it before they land. Is this even possible? One of them has had problems in the past with their food and our nightmare is while doing their 30 days in the slammer that he has "food issues".

Thanks

Hi Kathleenand Craig, if you want you can take their food to quarantine and they will give them that I think but I don't think you will be able to ship it to the UK ! By the way dog food is quite a bit more expensive here, what food do you give them in th UK ?

Tina

Hi everyone,

We are just looking into this, and have been for the last few weeks as our dogs land here (melbourne) on wednesday :biggrin:

Is eagle Pack available in the shops or is it internet based? We used to feed Taste of the wild in the UK. That is available here (shipped from Sydney) but if there is a brand available that matches the quality in the shops that would be great!

Edited by jasperyogi

Hi Kathleenand Craig, if you want you can take their food to quarantine and they will give them that I think but I don't think you will be able to ship it to the UK ! By the way dog food is quite a bit more expensive here, what food do you give them in th UK ?

Tina

Hi Tina

At the moent they are also on James well beloved and it was the first food (after lots and lots of trials) that both will eat. We normally get them the lamb/rice version as they got fussy with the fish etc.

Spotswood have said we can bring our own food but I don't think we can send a bag of jwb with them. So the plan was to either order/deliver straight there or ask my sister who lives in Melbourne to take a packet there a day or 2 before they arrive. Would just be good if they could try it here in the UK (or at least get used to it) before they have it for 30 days in Spotswood.

Hi Kathleen and Craig, yes ours had James well beloved Lamb and rice as well and I'm so worried about giving the younger one anything different, what dogs have you got ? Ours are Labradors, and they fly out next Tuesday so I am really worried about that !!

where abouts in Melbourne are you moving to ? You are very lucky to have a sister here I miss my sisters so much !!

speak soon Tina x

Hi Kathleen and Craig, yes ours had James well beloved Lamb and rice as well and I'm so worried about giving the younger one anything different, what dogs have you got ? Ours are Labradors, and they fly out next Tuesday so I am really worried about that !!

where abouts in Melbourne are you moving to ? You are very lucky to have a sister here I miss my sisters so much !!

speak soon Tina x

We have a couple of cocker spaniels and they fly out Sept 27 with PetAir. We are actually moving to Adelaide but Spotswood is the closest to us. It just helps that my sister (Craig's) is in Melbourne to go and visit them 2-3 times a week. She lives in Brunswick so only a 10 minute train journey away. We went and visited Spotswood at the beginning of June when we were out visiting and they were very helpful, location seemed quiet and just gave us that added reassurance we were looking for. As we fly out end of August we hope the 2 months without them is quick, we will be so busy finding them a new house to live in that we won't (hopefully) notice the time.

• 2 weeks later...

We also used James Wellbeloved for our black lab in the UK, he has always had a sensitive stomach and would get the runs if we fed him anything else. the only exception was Burns, which is also only available in the UK. Here we use Nutro Natural Choice with no problems, available in local pet store, and he has still kept his ridiculously shiny coat, always a good sign :-) They do lamb, chicken & fish versions.

Hi Lisa&Martin, my 2 labs are in quarrantine at the mo and they are feeding him on Eco Pet food which they said he is fine on but I spoke to them today and they said they have got Eukanuba dry food so I said that would probably be better, my 2 had James well beloved in UK which was a dry food,

the dog food is so expensive here has anyone found a cheap place to buy Eukanuba ?

Thanks Tina x