You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

whoiam

Car poster design--ideas please

Ok here's the deal--I've been hearing a lot about bad drivers in Aus--by bad I mean people who show very little courtesy to other drivers.

This I think is very much evident and distressing for those coming from the Uk because we as a nation love to follow rules and generally are very courteous on the roads(I'm sure people who live in cities like Birmingham may have a different story to say)--it almost gives us pleasure to give way for others, to wave back to those who've done us a good turn, and so on.( actually I sometimes give way just to get me in a good mood :laugh:--call it feel good factor or something)

So actually I've been thinking for a while that we need to design a poster sticker--you know the kind that says Dogs are for life not just for Christmas--well that kind of thing!You get the gist I hope.

So if we were to design such a sticker the aim would be that we distribute it amongst ourselves--anyway there are tons of brits out there who are used to the way things are here----back to the point---the sticker should be cheerful and say something that would make the guy behind you smile as well as think as well as encourage him to give way more.

So lets try to be inventive...it might just work you know!

Edited by whoiam

Don't judge even if you've walked a mile in their shoes. They haven't walked in yours yet!

Guest AKA63029

'Please RSVP Asap To The Invite I Sent You Too Climb Into My Boot'.:laugh:

Guest AKA63029

'If You Get Much Closer You're Going To Need A Condom'.

Guest AKA63029

These are all ideas I have come up with years of driving over here my friend, and as a former driving instructor my 'Hand Signals' brief to my clients left a lot to be desired.:embarrassed:

LOL! I'm going to be thinking about this one--makes me almost scared to drive honestly!

Don't judge even if you've walked a mile in their shoes. They haven't walked in yours yet!

Guest AKA63029

Sad I know, but the best one is to have a 'Sticky' pad in the car, and as you try to fit into a gap that has been taken up with a numptie who decides the white lines don't mean a thing it is a source of much mirth and laughter when they come back to the car and read:

'Nice Parking Dickhead'.

They generally get all flustered and bothered, looking around for who wrote it, then a jump into the car with a 'Pffftttt'.:laugh:

Guest Guest16631

..........a good idea...........driving too close is a problem over here............am sitting with the youngest for his driving practice and continually tell him to drop back from the car in front............but sometimes this seems to encourage someone to fill the gap.....I had been followed recently by a fourwheel drive who was too close ,all I could see in my mirror was his bull bar................so I tilted the mirror as I found it was off putting and I needed to concentrate on what was in front................10 minites later I heard a police siren and was pulled in................I had not stopped at a stop sign it was clear but didn't stop..................didn't you see us flashing you to pull over ? he said...................what could I say........so yes a poster for keep your distance.........

Guest AKA63029

I know a lot of peeps complain about driving in OZ, but you do soon get used to it, undertaking and the like are 'just' the way.

Keep you're wits about you and soon enough you get used to it.

I used to take my pupils after they passed their tests on the 'Pass Plus' course, and normally I would take them into London.

My first words to them were, 'Now forget EVERYTHING I taught you, drive a little more aggressively and TAKE THAT GAP'.:yes:

I'll be more generous-- what I want is behaviour modification.--guess that comes from my preventive medicine background:wink:.

We need something that will encourage behaviour modification. I feel we have the strength in numbers to effect that change. Just have to have the right plan to put it in action. We need a cultural shift--is it possible? I dont know but I guess we can never find out if we dont try:biggrin:

Smile, stay 2 car lengths behind me, and wave!

Guest Guest16631

............I learnt to drive over here and other than the driving too close......................most of the other things people have posted about I don't notice..!................I guess you just adapt to the situation..........

Push back.......I luv u but not that much:em4400:!

Guest AKA63029

There's a stretch of the M11 here my friend with those little triangles on the road, with signs saying 'Keep At Least Two Triangles Distance Between You And The Car In Front'.

I have tried and tried to do this, but have you any idea how difficult it is in a Morris Minor to keep up with a Porsche and still maintain that gap, I never catch the bugger.:eek:

There's a stretch of the M11 here my friend with those little triangles on the road, with signs saying 'Keep At Least Two Triangles Distance Between You And The Car In Front'.

I have tried and tried to do this, but have you any idea how difficult it is in a Morris Minor to keep up with a Porsche and still maintain that gap, I never catch the bugger.:eek:

Keep 2 chevrons apaaaaaaart! Bugger the porsche. Morris minors the WTG

Once I saw a sticker on a small hatchback that said 'I don't need a big car to carry my ego' :laugh:

Once I saw a sticker on a small hatchback that said 'I don't need a big car to carry my ego' :laugh:

Luv that!

For you whoiam howabout a sticker HWJCD ? ( how would Jesus Christ drive ) :-)

For you whoiam howabout a sticker HWJCD ? ( how would Jesus Christ drive ) :-)

I dont know--do you?:wink:

Guest Guest26012

How about, keep your f------g distance or I'll punch you in the face lol! It would attract attention!

Guest Guest66881

Your one metre closer to smelling my fart:wink: