tools

Guest kev&sandy

Guest kev&sandy

Im a carpenter by trade and looking to move to oz can i use my 110 power tools in oz and also are tools cheaper to buy in oz than here can i buy bosch,dewalt & paslode battery tools ?

Guest Mark'n'Ju

Hiya Kev and Sandy,

I'm also a chippy and been here 2 months.

I came to oz 4 2 weeks ast year to check out exactly the tool situation.

I found that they didn't understand what 110 tools where.

All tools over here are 240v on all sites.I decided (after much heartache as our tools are like our kids) to sell my stuff in Blighty and get some second hand kit to ship out.Then you can either take them to a tool shop to have the leads and plugs changed or like me just do the plugs yourself.

You an get everything here that you can in England.Generally around the same price.Having said that I bought a Bosch 4mm electronic planer and a Hitachi jigsaw both for $253 each (just over 100 quid)

Site terminolgy quite a bit different ,still getting used to the word sikaflex.

(mastic)

I hope i've answered some queries for you and will help with more if I can,but i'm sure this site can do that .

cheers for now

Renders

Guest dobbin74

Hi mark

I am also a chippy moving to brisbane at the end of the year hopefully.

Is there a lot of jobs going for chippys? :wink:

Guest Mark'n'Ju

G'day dobbin,

I was lucky in that I had a lead for a job before I came out that turned out to be a right result.

I was going to register witha few job agencies to start with asw well as going round the sites.There is plenty of chippy work about as most of the housing is timber framed.Although trussed roofs are done differently to the UK.

Archived