Guest alparker20

Timeline for processing of Spouse Visa lodged in the UK

Guest alparker20

Hi all,

hoping someone can help me out, is anyone aware of the current processing time for a spouse visa lodged in the UK?

Also can I go ahead and get medical and police check done and submit with visa application?

thanks al

My case officer has given me an idication of when I should expect my visa , would put it around 5 months from lodging. I'm allowing 6 so anything before that is a bonus.

There is nothing to stop you front loading with police checks etc but the clock starts ticking the day you lodge your application , not from when they receive meds etc unless you take ages to get it arranged. Nowadays the med results are sent electronically so they have them within a few days. I don't think you'll cut any real significant processing time off your app if you frontload.

There is a massive thread on here somewhere with peoples current experiences of processing times if you dig around a bit

good luck

Partner Visa Posted 10/4/2012. Police checks sent 25/4/12. Medical done 1/5/12. S/C 100 granted 28/9/12 :biggrin:

House sold..... Perth by October, erm Feb???

Guest GeorgeD
Hi all,

hoping someone can help me out, is anyone aware of the current processing time for a spouse visa lodged in the UK?

Also can I go ahead and get medical and police check done and submit with visa application?

thanks al

Hi, welcome to PIO!

Here's the thread Oz Bound Pom was referring to:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

People regularly update their interaction with DIAC for offshore spouse visas here. The current lead times are normally mentioned here, and I believe they are around 5-6 months. There isn't really any way to speed this up, but by not prompotly supplying your meds/police check and any other evidence, it is porbabbly posible to slow it down!

Yes, you can do meds and PCC up front, it's pretty much the norm for the Offshore Spouse Visa. Your visa is valid for initial entry 12 months from date of grant, date of PCC or date of Medical, whichever is earliest...so don't do it too far in advance of submitting your application as it reduces the time after grant that you have to actually make the move to Oz.

Guest alparker20

Thanks oz Bound , your reply is much appreciated

cheers al

Guest alparker20
Hi, welcome to PIO!

Here's the thread Oz Bound Pom was referring to:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

People regularly update their interaction with DIAC for offshore spouse visas here. The current lead times are normally mentioned here, and I believe they are around 5-6 months. There isn't really any way to speed this up, but by not prompotly supplying your meds/police check and any other evidence, it is porbabbly posible to slow it down!

Yes, you can do meds and PCC up front, it's pretty much the norm for the Offshore Spouse Visa. Your visa is valid for initial entry 12 months from date of grant, date of PCC or date of Medical, whichever is earliest...so don't do it too far in advance of submitting your application as it reduces the time after grant that you have to actually make the move to Oz.

Thanks George , will check out the thread

I am actually leaving to go back to Oz in August so it was my intent to get application lodged before then and for my wife to accompany me on a visitors long stay visa . Then when we (hopefully) are awarded the visa my wife would leave the country to get visa and renter to activate , does this sound plausible ?

Thanks for taking time to reply

Al

Guest GeorgeD
Thanks George , will check out the thread

I am actually leaving to go back to Oz in August so it was my intent to get application lodged before then and for my wife to accompany me on a visitors long stay visa . Then when we (hopefully) are awarded the visa my wife would leave the country to get visa and renter to activate , does this sound plausible ?

Thanks for taking time to reply

Al

Yes, people have done this before. I travelled to Oz for 10 weeks during my wait on an eVisitor visa. Others here have went to NZ or Bali fro a short trip to be offshore when being approved. Keep her CO informed of her whereabouts...this is so they can get in touch if they need any more info and also to advise her to leave Oz for the visa to be granted. If she is onshore when it is granted then it is invalid! You don't need the CO's permission, just advise them of your plans.

Guest alparker20

Again big massive thanks George ,

Al