Guest TeamB

Unqualified welder

Guest TeamB

Hi everyone!! This is our first time on PIO so have patience with us :wink:

Were considering the move to Oz. It probably wont be for at least 18 months as we have a house, cars etc. to sell first.

Basically my husband has been a welder/fabricator for the last 11 years but actually has no formal qualifications to show (hes 27). Would he be able to go over on a skilled visa or would he need some kind of certificate to show? Ive heard people talk about having a test or something?? And how does the points system work?? Im a qualified Dental Nurse (Im 27 as well), I know this isnt on the SOL but would it help at all?? Ive looked on other threads but not found anything that really relates to our situation yet. Would really appreciate any advice anyone can give us :biggrin:,

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Welcome to PIO!

Sorry I can't help directly with your query - have you tried the search facility?

Where are you thinking of moving too?

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest TeamB

Yeah, tried searching, not much 2 go on unfortunately. Were thinking maybe Perth as we already have friends there & Im led 2 believe theres plenty of work there 2 :biggrin:

Thanks 4 your reply anyway!!

Hi

If your husband is a good welder (and he will have to prove it!) There is a place in Bilbra lake (In perth), If you give them a call, tell them your situation and ask to have an interview with Danny. Tell him Scouse Dave sent you.

They seem really good in there, they will send him next door and prove he can weld and give him different types of welds to do, and will more than likely offer him a Cert II in engineering course (which makes him a qualified TA for a boilermaker), If he can do up to Cert III or IV i think it is, he might know someone who will sponsor him.

Go over on a WHV visa and then get sponsored whislt out there.

Choice Training[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100]Address: [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 3 Morse Road [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Bibra Lake WA 6163 [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100] Telephone: [/TD]

[TD] (08) 9434 9272 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100]Mobile: [/TD]

[TD]0433 822 222 [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi everyone!! This is our first time on PIO so have patience with us :wink:

Were considering the move to Oz. It probably wont be for at least 18 months as we have a house, cars etc. to sell first.

Basically my husband has been a welder/fabricator for the last 11 years but actually has no formal qualifications to show (hes 27). Would he be able to go over on a skilled visa or would he need some kind of certificate to show? Ive heard people talk about having a test or something?? And how does the points system work?? Im a qualified Dental Nurse (Im 27 as well), I know this isnt on the SOL but would it help at all?? Ive looked on other threads but not found anything that really relates to our situation yet. Would really appreciate any advice anyone can give us :biggrin:,

Thanks in advance everyone!!

He wont be able to come over as skilled if he has no certs or City and Guilds ect , if you intend to come as a PR then you really have to sell yourself regarding your trade in your self cert TRA , being a dental nurse you would be better off as the main person on your TRA.............its a long process but worth it ......good luck chaps ,btw im a class one welder and Dalypools advice is good, there is also a place in Welshpool that gives you your certs that your after , International Welder Training ,Offshore or your Asme certs , name is Lawson Fresher (aka Chopper) email engineer1@iinet.net.au mob 0414745485

Edited by tonyman

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Guest TeamB

A massive thanks 2 all of you, this is amazing advice!!:biggrin: I shall let u know how we get on :biggrin: