Medicals on Monday...Do I have to tell them about an appointment

dig23

Hi guys, quick question...I have booked medicals for Monday but I'm a bit worried as I am currently waiting for an endoscopy (or whatever it's called where they put a camera down your throat!). It's nothing major and blood tests etc have all been fine but my GP said I should have it done for peace of mind really.

Do I have to disclose this at the medicals or only say if I'm actually asked? I don't want to unnecessarily cause delays on our grant and have to wait for it to be referred etc?

Does anyone know if this is likely to cause problems?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hi, a wee bit different but my hubbie had just been in hospital for four days with abdo pain, and altered liver function tests, the week before his medical. He was still due to go back as an outpatient to review his liver function. I advised him not to mention it unless asked but bless him he blurted it all out straight away. I think we had a particularly sensible doctor, but she did tell him that it wasn't important for this type of medical, it wasn't what they were looking for, and it wouldn't matter. He passed no problems.

Cheers

gill x

Yeah that's what I'm worried about just blurting something out and ruining everything!! I haven't been at all worried about the medicals but I am now. Uuurrgghhhh stressing!!!! Is the general consensus that I dont mention anything unless asked? Its not even anything major-i don't even think I really need the endoscopy,I'm just waiting and don't even have a date.For all you peeps that have done this already: Is ear/nose/throat something they ask a lot about? I'm too honest and if they go into detail I will have to tell them. Thanks so much for your help!

You should be honest in your medicals - unless you have a serious medical condition that is going to cost alot of money to treat in Australia - you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

I totally agree you need to be truthful. We had ours done a few weeks ago and I was really worried about various things, there really was nothing to worry about. As others have said they are looking for chronic long-term conditions that will cost the Australian Health service a lot of money. The Dr did look in our mouths but just for a few seconds. As far as we could tell the crux of the medical is really whether anything shows up in your urine, blood or x-ray that show you have a serious illness/disease. Good luck and try not to stress!!