register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

bikerdave

Mackay What's a good internet provider?

Hi All,

Just moved to Mackay and spent 2 weeks accessing the internet for free at McDonalds. I have moved to Shoal Point, Bucasia (Royal Sands) and am surviving on wireless Telstra mobile broadband.

Can anyone recommend a good ISP for where I live? I have been told Redfox, Telstra ADSL I have to wait 3 months while I build an OZ credit history before I can subscribe.

I am happy to wait 3 months but was wondering what the speeds are like on Telstra ADSL in this area, wether it is worth the wait or not.

David

Hi Dave, we are in Mackay and have just changed over to dodo its much cheaper for unlimited and has a really good speed, they never used to service this area but have started in the last year, I couldnt fault them, I cant be sure but I dont think you need to wait 3 months for dodo either. You should have a look at them too.

Guest missmaisey

HI GUYS MOVING TO MACKAY AREA SEPTEMBER HUBBY GOT A JOB YIPEEEEEEEEEE CANT WAIT, ANY IDEAS ON GOOD SCHOOLING FOR KIDS? HAS ANYBODY TOOK THERE CAR? IS IT STRESS FREE? SO IF ANYBODY GOIN TO MACKAY GIVE ME A SHOUT PLEASE. THKS:wink: